Companion Change Feedback

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an apology for this mess, and then put up that post now before you go home?

A slight apology would be good saying we understand and while we are just as into this game as you we realize we may have impacted some people fun factor. We are sorry would be good

They won't, they'll patch Tuesday any changes they are going to make

I'll be surprised if it's that soon, although anything is possible.

Even though they've decided to buff the companions, I doubt they consider the current state of them to be game-breaking. Whatever buff they decide on will probably come in 4.0.3, which might be a few weeks out.

Edited by DarthDymond

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

-eric

Thank you for give a response and now im the one apologize for previous coments about we dont get any news i keep calm until you release the news.

we just resubbed 2 accounts to try the new content after a couple month break. The level sync is the real killer in my house. I have the time to play a lot if I choose to, my wife not so much, so I used to farm FPs for deco FOR PERSONAL USE. ( I wanted to be clear on that) now I can't solo lower lvl FPs so I have ZERO reason to log in solo.

Yes I've tried groups, and guilds, so lets just be honest, we all know what most of the players here are like, you wouldn't talk to them if they lived next door, though I doubt the typical conversation would be politics, religion, gay rights, or ERP if they did. So lets not pretend that anyone wants to pug or join any of the guilds I've talked to

Today I was trying to help my wife gather datacrons on Ord, what should have taken a few minutes took an hour, and was zero fun for either of us.

Can someone tell me the point of levels if they don't actually mean anything?

As the game sits today I can't see us keeping either account active.

Would it have been so hard to just make the level sync optional for ALL content?

I'll be surprised if it's that soon, although anything is possible. Even though they've decided to buff the companions, I doubt they consider the current state of them to be game-breaking. Whatever buff they decide on will probably come in 4.0.3, which might be a few weeks out.

I have the feeling that we will some sort of action far sooner than that. If they really have seen a mass amount of people cancelling their subscriptions over this, they would have to be head-up-the-*** dumb to let the game bleed for a few weeks. It will take actions, not words, to repair this.

I'll be surprised if it's that soon, although anything is possible.

Even though they've decided to buff the companions, I doubt they consider the current state of them to be game-breaking. Whatever buff they decide on will probably come in 4.0.3, which might be a few weeks out.

more like in 2016, need to collect metrics first :rak_09:

Now please Eric, start out small and work your way to a point where we can all agree on a compromise.

Will be a miracle if that happens. The best they're going to get is a situation where most people are kind of ok with things.

People are still saying they want it back to pre-nerf

Others are saying fine as is

Yet others are saying pre-nerf with some toning down - which is what we will end up with I guess.

The big question is of course - how much of an improvement will we end up with?

I'm guessing (and it's purely guesswork) they'll go for the middle between 4.0.0 and 4.0.2 here - purely because it's an easy target.

But I'll wait and see before hoisting any flags up.

Will be a miracle if that happens. The best they're going to get is a situation where most people are kind of ok with things.

People are still saying they want it back to pre-nerf

Others are saying fine as is

Yet others are saying pre-nerf with some toning down - which is what we will end up with I guess.

The big question is of course - how much of an improvement will we end up with?

I'm guessing (and it's purely guesswork) they'll go for the middle between 4.0.0 and 4.0.2 here - purely because it's an easy target.

But I'll wait and see before hoisting any flags up.

If the fix is acceptable will be fine to me i never ask for pre 4.0 just good companions and yes we need to wait and see meantime i keep unsub just in case :)

Hey folks,

First off, we want to thank all of you for your feedback about Companion balance following 4.0.2. As we go into the weekend, we wanted you to know that we have gone through this thread, the forums, Reddit, and social media to gather everyone’s perspectives. We have come out of this with quite a few action items that we are going to take, including buffs for Companions. On Monday, we are going to release a forum post highlighting our plans to address current Companion balance, along with the state of Heroic Missions and Star Fortress.

-eric

Thanks Eric, I am looking forward to seeing what kind of information will be presented on Monday.

Hey folks,

-eric

- Give healer companions a flat 10% output increase in all of their abilities

- Buff tank companions HP a bit. 5% to 7% i'd suggest.

- Leave dps companions as they are.

Everyone is happy and the hyperbole goes away.

Edited by Galentor

I've got some thoughts on the response, mixed feelings, but thank you for taking the time to respond. It can't be easy to be the face of things when there's an angry mob after you, and you seem to have a certain level of restraint in handling issues like this that any community manager would need. You as a person Eric, I appreciate.

Now, I believe that post you made is BW's way of saying (through you) that you've already made up your minds, but if I might be so bold as to interject with an opinion that means only as much as I pay you guys to play the game: Give the players (us, me included) something to satisfy them over the weekend. It's a very popular time for your game I'm sure, and something more than a post saying "We're going to tell you more on Monday" will be reassuring to the playerbase as a whole. My personal thoughts on the whole issue (and the thoughts of many others) is that the worst aspect of this whole fiasco is how you (BW) handled it as a whole. There was definitely some misleading (referring to 4.0.2 as 'mostly bug fixes) and definitely a hefty change made that impacted a lot of players negatively. I for one have lost much of my trust in you as a company, and I've no reason to believe that waiting until Monday to hear some good news is a good idea. It's entirely possible (and not necessarily wrong on your part) that the news I hear will not, in fact, be what I want to hear. A small hotfix to make the weekend companions more enjoyable and to appease the masses while your teams strategize how to handle this moving forward would be an acceptable sign of good faith and isn't entirely too much to ask.

Edited by ToBeSomebody

You people do understand that he responded only cause of the **** up with corpse despawn, affecting server stability? If it wasn't for this, they would just bunker down and think 'everything is great, only whiners on forums constantly complaining'.

Hey folks,

-eric

Quick question, important question!

Will these changes that will be known Monday be set on stone or will they be open for consideration?

Level 26 jedi sentinel

Level synced to 22 on Taris

Astromech companion influence level 8

Died 3-5 times on each planet heroic Droid could not keep up with heals

Finally got through the Locust mission by picking off 1 or 2 silvers at a time in between 4 deaths. The repairs alone made it not worthwhile and I ended up just logging out. :rolleyes:

Level 26 jedi sentinel

Level synced to 22 on Taris

Astromech companion influence level 8

Died 3-5 times on each planet heroic Droid could not keep up with heals

Finally got through the Locust mission by picking off 1 or 2 silvers at a time in between 4 deaths. The repairs alone made it not worthwhile and I ended up just logging out. :rolleyes:

Huh that's weird, I thought people were saying low level players would have no problem with these changes.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you and have a good weekend. God bless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.