The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We need more Direct Sale Items from Old Packs!!

Saito_Hiraga

We need more direct sale items. There's a huge collection of items from the packs and we are taking too long to see some real direct item sales out there.

You promised us we would have direct sales for embargoed pack items but so long we have only seen the Sky Cruiser and Xoxaan's Armor set. We'll all die old before we get to see that specific items we are missing from old packs on the market.

What I'm here to suggest is that we get a special tab on the Cartel Market window dedicated entirely to direct sale items. Lets say each week you pick around 6-12 items at random from all categories (Armor sets, decorations, mounts, toys, Weapons, Crystals, etc. etc. etc.) and throw them there for people to buy.

I think this would help the game to speed up the Market sales and us players to get more chances to catch those items we missed from old packs.

Each time I see a rare direct sale item, I honestly want to quit this game. Rare items should stay rare - that's the point. Otherwise, well, if everyone's wearing Xoxaan and driving rare items, I don't think there's any point in cosmetic gearing anymore.

Swg never did, it always had gambling packs. Also Gw2 has them also the dye / mini packs, can only get certain ones if you buy the gambling packs.

I dont remember SWG ever having a cash shop, and GW2 only uses RNG for dyes and pets.

All major items, like armour sets, are sold directly.

TCG = Trading Card game. = Cartel Market

That was a tie-in game in it's own right that happened to have loot cards for the MMO. Of course a trading card game has rng packs. :rolleyes:

Comparing that to an in-game cash shop is comparing apples to oranges.

Edited by wolfyde

Each time I see a rare direct sale item, I honestly want to quit this game. Rare items should stay rare - that's the point. Otherwise, well, if everyone's wearing Xoxaan and driving rare items, I don't think there's any point in cosmetic gearing anymore.

They aren't going to be on direct sale all the time just a week and then another roll for new sales, they are still gamble in part. And people aren't getting anything for free. They are still paying for it.

Also I don't see how direct sale items can ruin cosmetic gearing. Cosmetic gearing is about dressing the way you want, combine sets or just let your toon wear whatever you like most. Direct sales would be an incredible improvement to cosmetic gearing.

i wouldn't mind seeing some direct sales from time to time like the Xoxaan set that was out recently.

I had only just acquired this amour set in game too before it got released as a direct sale.

While it would be nice, it may destroy the GTN economy and is a single armour set really worth what it was sold for?

I had only just acquired this amour set in game too before it got released as a direct sale.

While it would be nice, it may destroy the GTN economy and is a single armour set really worth what it was sold for?

Yeah destroy the economy, as if it wasn't ****ed already to buy bassically everything no longer avalible for about 5-15mil and we are not only talking about rare items, even those of silver/bronze rarity that were fun or nice looking are being sold at nasty and unaffordable prices all the time.

More direct sales would stabilize the insane GTN economy and also would get the game more funds from people purchasing more coins to get those items from the Market.

Yeah destroy the economy, as if it wasn't ****ed already to buy bassically everything no longer avalible for about 5-15mil and we are not only talking about rare items, even those of silver/bronze rarity that were fun or nice looking are being sold at nasty and unaffordable prices all the time.

More direct sales would stabilize the insane GTN economy and also would get the game more funds from people purchasing more coins to get those items from the Market.

And then once everyone got what they wanted, they tend to get bored of getting things so easily, and complain yet again how easy it is to obtain things :mad:

And then once everyone got what they wanted, they tend to get bored of getting things so easily, and complain yet again how easy it is to obtain things :mad:

Lol I don't really see anyone complaining about how easy is to obtain things. People want them, the CM sells them, people pay for them, the game gets funds, they get the items they want. Everyone happy. Why would someone complain about progressing on what they wanted.

As for getting bored, why? this game is also about playing the story, running ops and flashpoints with your friends, pvp, guilds, now building your crew/alliance as well.

Why would someone get bored for just getting the stuff they were looking for? If they weren't to use them then why would they want it on the first place? Just to drop your money to a game you won't play and that's it?

Also there's new content getting added all the time, new packs always keep comming, they don't have reasons to complain nor get bored that's just stupid.

Some of those items should never have been rare in the first place. The Cathar honor sword should have been a direct sale from the beginning like the warstaff.

• 3 weeks later...
Fraknly I give a poodo about "rare" Cartel market item. If I like it, I want the option to buy the item, no matter what socalled rank it has.

To be blunt, those ranks are only in there to make us throw more creds into the GMP. This socalled rares, aren't rare at all and only a small part of the player want a full CMItems collection. I for one am not part of it and simply want some items and suites I like. For me it is like beeing punished for wanting to throw money at BioWare. :confused: