The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companions I knew you well...

AndyForge

So I just let the game update and came back into to do my weekly heroics and low and behold what I find is that my companions are so weak now that a bunch of level twenty ones can tear them apart with little to no effort. Let me be honest here I love this game, I have been playing it sense the first day it came out worldwide, couldn't wait for it to arrive, heck I was ecstatic. An like I knew I WOULD I thoroughly enjoyed it legit. It was challenging, it was full of good story lines and it just kept getting better. Even now I waited for months for the new story arc to come out and Fallen Knights did not disappoint... that is up until now. Honestly this new update with companions has pretty much sucked the equalization completely out of the game. I mean when level syncing first came out a lot people were not happy with it most because were level 60 to 65 and yet we can be hurt by level 7s again, but me I thought it was fun and that it was interesting. An with the companions getting a major overhaul in ability it equaled out the game play and kept us going strong. But now that is non existent, I am level 65 I have tons of characters all maxed out and now without proper healing and proper battling companions I feel like I am a level 10 just starting out again and I shouldn't. I am not one to complain, in fact I go with the punches but now in light of the companions ability being cut in half I honestly have to say I did all that hard work for next to nothing. I don't know about everyone else but I THINK this is just plain terrible.

What of everyone else's thoughts? :wea_03:

Totally agree. FINALLY got one of my Companions to Influence level 25 'cause that is what I heard is needed to Solo a Heroic Star Fortress. Why solo? Cause not every Guild member in my guild can help every time I decide to do one, plus sometimes I am on by myself, so it'd be nice to be able to Solo a Heroic Star Fortress if I WANT to. Low and behold, with this new update, I CAN'T DO THAT NOW!

All that work for nothing...

Looks like I'll have to get her to Influence Level 50! Oh, wait, then the next update will just nerf our companions even more.

Freakin' bullcrap.

Edited by KnightNJC

100% agree. I left this game because I felt weak. Spent a lot of time dying.

When I came back about a month ago, it felt good. My companions were keeping me alive and I didn't have to struggle to get through a simple, not-so-rewarding mission. Needless to say, I died 4 times during a 2+ heroic mission today after the patch. It took me 30mins to complete it. My companion couldn't keep us alive. Now here's my question.

Why fix what no one complained about?

Why not fix server/lag/input issues instead of addressing an element that made this game "too fun"?

I don't understand how you can over nerf something to a point where even geared players feel like they're working too hard to stay alive. If it's a challenging encounter then sure, I understand. But I shouldn't have to worry about death when facing a group of 24s that are part of a bonus grinding mission.

Very disappointing.

Edited by Lazerpew

Totally agree .. so much so I'm thinking of returning to the SWG Emu .. at least ywhen you die it's because you haven't got a companion that is supposed to keep you alive !

It's nice to know that Bioware has our best interest ... oh wait sorry their best interest .. taking our money and laughing !

Ok so here is my 2 cents:

Star Fortress heroics drop 208 gear so players should be able to do it even with lower than 208 gear. Bioware states that Heroic 2+ means that you and your companion can do it but unfortunately you can't. I am in full 208 with some gear 216 and I can't solo it anymore. Why? Because the idiots in BW can't fix real issues so they play with stuff that is easy to do...nerfing the game and making it impossible to casual players to do stuff so they have to spent more game time aquiring higher level gear thus spending more rl money. Everything is about BW profit. They will do anything to force us to spend more money. Capitalism at its worst!

I agree with everyone that the reduction of the effectiveness of companions takes away from the FUN of the game, I've been playing the came since the very beginning and KOTFE was the most FUN I've had in years until now. What is BW thinking by taking the FUN out of the game. This is not cool! You want to reduce the companion effectiveness because you feel they're too strong? Fine but why do you have to take a hatchet to it?. We went through this crap years ago and BW seemed to have gotten the message when people starting unsubscribing in droves and here we go again. Not sure if I can hang in there like before. If you really want to over nerf the companions then get rid of the sync. No level 65 player should die at the hands of a lvl 24. That's just plain insanity. Please reconsider :eek: Edited by Crazyqdog

i totally agree just tried running starforge solo ran into Yoran Zarr zakuul knight chopped me down in 10 sec thats with 216 gear 3 pieces 1 220 piece rest 208 all augmented lana was dead vertually off the bat ...not happy give us back our Companions Youve nerfed! was fine before!!