Whelp,back to WoW.

AuggySW

The thing is WoW can afford to have bad expansions and dev ideas.

True. I personally like the changes for the upcoming expansion. WoW has it faults sure, but I enjoy the communication between the development team and the player base.

I know everyone is getting worked up right now, with good reason, but I never understand the full frontal hate WoW gets. Blizzard makes tons of changes, but at least they play around with ideas, and adjust slowly rather than major swings.

True. I personally like the changes for the upcoming expansion. WoW has it faults sure, but I enjoy the communication between the development team and the player base.

I know everyone is getting worked up right now, with good reason, but I never understand the full frontal hate WoW gets. Blizzard makes tons of changes, but at least they play around with ideas, and adjust slowly rather than major swings.

Because bashing and hating WoW has always been what the supposed "cool kids" do in the MMO world. I've played WoW off and on for all of its 11 years, I've never seen a reason to hate it. And I've never, not once, touched progression raiding in the game. The most that I do raid-wise is the very occasional LFR. But it's fun.

But I've also found other MMOs fun as well, such as: SWTOR, Wildstar, DCUO, Champions, and even Star Trek. /shrug

Because bashing and hating WoW has always been what the supposed "cool kids" do in the MMO world. I've played WoW off and on for all of its 11 years, I've never seen a reason to hate it. And I've never, not once, touched progression raiding in the game. The most that I do raid-wise is the very occasional LFR. But it's fun.

But I've also found other MMOs fun as well, such as: SWTOR, Wildstar, DCUO, Champions, and even Star Trek. /shrug

Agreed. Blizzard has made some questionable design decisions, granted, but what MMO doesn't. Plus, it's such an old mmo, and they've manage to make it work this long. With such a long life span, of course some people will be worn out, grow nostalgic, be frustrated.

But the hate Blizzard gets is certainly not warranted.

But the hate Blizzard gets is certainly not warranted.

Its not about hate.

Wow lost more than half of its playerbase, thats shows the game isnt as interesting as years ago (and i bett 20% of the current players are bots...). and their devs made some real bad decisions. the problem is, bioware is repating all of blizzards mistakes...

and they cant even decide what type of game they want....shadow of revan, way to hard story mode operations...lot of casuals left. with kotfe some came back, tactical flashpoints suck hard without heals, gearing is ridicolous easy...but with the comp nerf normal player will have their problems doing h2 missions.

and do they want swtor as an mmo ? lets count: 9 operations in 4 years....thats way to low for an mmo. (i dont count toborro or mono)

or do they want a story driven half singleplayer game ?

but then u need to ask, for what reason the comp nerf ? u can only use them in singleplayer or low multiplayer content. and where is the cool story ? where are the decisions that matter ?`

i wanst able to save darth marr, i wasnt able to save hk-55. i played that story with 6 chars now, and no *********** decision mattered....oh wait...i was allowed to kill vik....wow yes strike man what a decision, that will turn the story in a complete new direction...

and the story is a pure joke. the evil sith emporer, eating up billions of ppl build that eternal empire....he found love and he was friendly to his ppl on zakuul...yes sounds legit....

That sounds pretty bad. I don't understand why they couldn't test the companion changes for a couple of weeks first rather than rushing them out. It's not like powerful companions were game breaking like a dupe exploit or something of that nature.

This was the test. These changes are the result. Its not a nerf any more then when they finally fix the ice scrabbler jerky. No one is gonna call that the ice scrabble jerky nerf.