The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stuck at updating

Ackire

I think the launcher is like the rest of us. Bloody confused and haven't a clue what's going on

Thats an understatement. Its 1 AM here now and i wanted to play, since 10 PM!

I realy like this game more than STO, but especialy because, the guys here make less stupid mistakes... But today its only describeable as "HORRID"!

Edited by WhatsUrprblm

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO I managed to get 100%, and the play button to activate. Once my Char screen pops up another small screen above my chars pops up and states "Game is updating (at this point 0% and spooling) , Until then you are free to start a new character and do the introductory planet, if you finish before the download is complete, you can play through the other 7 starting characters and planets"

I cannot activate any of the 1 /60s I have.....

Thats an understatement. Its 1 AM here now and i wanted to play, since 10 PM!

I realy like this game more than STO, but esopecialy because, the guys here make less stupid mistakes... But today its only describeable as "HORRID"!

Unfortunately we are just the little people. if one or two cancel our subs it would not even be noticable

SO I managed to get 100%, and the play button to activate. Once my Char screen pops up another small screen above my chars pops up and states "Game is updating (at this point 0% and spooling) , Until then you are free to start a new character and do the introductory planet, if you finish before the download is complete, you can play through the other 7 starting characters and planets"

What??? And i heared, that they again ruined the companions.

Edited by WhatsUrprblm

That's done that before. On most updates actually. just close the game and the restart it

Same here, stuck at 93.88% (4088.53 Mb/s) and have been for over an hour. Before I let it sit, I was stopping the download and re-downloading until Bioware updated their news saying not to do that (I guess about 40 minutes after their phones started ringing off the wall and melting).

I have no idea how much the techies get paid to sort the updates out, but IMHO they are getting paid way to much and if they ever worked for me and did something similar, they'd be off down the job centre with their P45 protruding from a place the sun doesn't shine very often, less than 30 seconds later.

Not only did the maintenance take way over the time allocated, but when it did, hundreds of people across the world are left frustrated and out of pocket because the update will not load properly (a fault Bioware readily admit to). YES, out of pocket I said. I subscribe. Call me old fashioned but when I pay for something I tend to expect that I get what I pay for. I pay for a months worth of playing time and the associated perks that go with it. I do NOT pay to look at a blank PC screen as I can do that for FREE any day of the week.

It's now gone 12:01am (GMT), some 7 hours AFTER the servers were supposed to go back on line and in effect a whole day lost since the server originally went.

I can only hope that the people responsible for this FARCE take a piece of friendly advice.... ALWAYS remember the 7 P's. Prior Planning and Preparation, Prevents a Piss Poor Performance!!!

I'm at 26.4% atter 4 hours . . .never took this long before! I plugged in my substandard laptop and it downloaded in like 5 minutes! The desktop is superior in every way . . .do not understand this . . . and it sux.

I am playing on a "toaster" and still it keeps stucking at some lousy 50% rates.

I was stuck for a while but as instructed I simply left it alone.

Came back after 4 hours of that to find Ive gone a whole 7% (from 25ish to 32ish).

I was looking forward to the weekly reset, but now reading all the post about companions I'm no longer looking forward to playing.

Did you hear that BIOWARE? I am no longer looking forward to playing. That should tell you something about your management of this weeks nonsense.

Same here, stuck at 93.88% (4088.53 Mb/s) and have been for over an hour. Before I let it sit, I was stopping the download and re-downloading until Bioware updated their news saying not to do that (I guess about 40 minutes after their phones started ringing off the wall and melting).

I have no idea how much the techies get paid to sort the updates out, but IMHO they are getting paid way to much and if they ever worked for me and did something similar, they'd be off down the job centre with their P45 protruding from a place the sun doesn't shine very often, less than 30 seconds later.

Not only did the maintenance take way over the time allocated, but when it did, hundreds of people across the world are left frustrated and out of pocket because the update will not load properly (a fault Bioware readily admit to). YES, out of pocket I said. I subscribe. Call me old fashioned but when I pay for something I tend to expect that I get what I pay for. I pay for a months worth of playing time and the associated perks that go with it. I do NOT pay to look at a blank PC screen as I can do that for FREE any day of the week.

It's now gone 12:01am (GMT), some 7 hours AFTER the servers were supposed to go back on line and in effect a whole day lost since the server originally went.

I can only hope that the people responsible for this FARCE take a piece of friendly advice.... ALWAYS remember the 7 P's. Prior Planning and Preparation, Prevents a Piss Poor Performance!!!

Well Said

yeah, it's 00:24 GMT and i'm giving up

not leaving my PC on over night, will have to see what happens tomorrow. shame as a long day at work i'd liked to log on for a bit but this is how it goes i guess

taken 3 hours to go from 93% to 97.02%

yeah, it's 00:24 GMT and i'm giving up

not leaving my PC on over night, will have to see what happens tomorrow. shame as a long day at work i'd liked to log on for a bit but this is how it goes i guess

taken 3 hours to go from 93% to 97.02%

Same here. been on 95% since 7.00. gonna bugger off to be grumpy now