They are up!!!

Legolose

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they are up and BW wont even consider compensating their players for that added 4 hours of downtime. Having said that, I will say that at least it was only 4 hours.

Oh no, not a lack of compensation! The horror! The anguish! The inability-to-read-the-terms-of-use-on-your-part!

So, let's assume that you ignore the fact that you agreed to be okay with unexpected downtime when you signed the digital contract to play the game. At a little less than $15/month for a subscription (if you go with the most expensive 30 day option), that's almost $0.50 a day, or less than $0.02 an hour. Man, imagine what you could do with less than a dime worth of compensation!!!

Edited by NeuroticCupcake

Guys i see that percantage of installation progress grows at my monitor, but in 1 hour it moved from 93,15% to only 93,2!? Am i the only one with such problem? :p

No anyone using the ST (bitraider) client will be having such issues your best bet is to switch to the SSN client.

You can use the below step to switch HOWEVER!!! Doing so will require your client to redownload and patch from the beginning.

1. Close SWTOR

2. Look for the Launcher.settings file located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

3. Open The Launcher.settings file in text editor (I recommend notepad++).

4. Find the line "bitraider_disable" and change it to "true"

5. SAVE if notepad make sure it is saved without .txt tacked on to launcher.settings.txt (Notepad++ auto saves it as the proper file type)

6. Delete the bitraider folder also located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

7, Start launcher and log in.

8. Let the launcher re download and patch. (This can take quite awhile so do it at night when you are going to sleep or during the day while you're at work)

9, Play the game without bitraider.

Oh no, not a lack of compensation! The horror! The anguish! The inability-to-read-the-terms-of-use-on-your-part!

So let's see, it's what, $15/month for a subscription (if you go with the most expensive 30 day option)? That's about $0.50 a day, or $0.02 an hour. Man, imagine what you could do with less than a dime worth of compensation!!!

If the amount is so trivial, surely the multi-million dollar corporation can eat it instead of their customers, right?

So, let's assume that you ignore the fact that you agreed to be okay with unexpected downtime when you signed the digital contract to play the game. At a little less than $15/month for a subscription (if you go with the most expensive 30 day option), that's almost $0.50 a day, or less than $0.02 an hour. Man, imagine what you could do with less than a dime worth of compensation!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Congratulations on your part, you're the only one in this thread not QQ'ing.

The sense of entitlement here is overwhelming.

Great that the servers are back up but ... how about fixing the DL?

I'm still at 93.51 and not moving

93.74 for me, just not moving at all.

i know it said not to restart the launcher but 15 minutes of not moving is tempting me to restart

reckon it's safe to play fallout4 during this wait?

Edited by oneupkev