Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

From a Hardcore Wow player 2 cents

Damatese

I like it. I really really like it. I came in expecting nothing and I was pleasantly surprised by the story telling and game play mechanic. Naturally there could have been a few more things to make the transaction from WoW to SWTOR smoother but it nothing a few levels of playing won't get you use to. You'll learn to adapt , the learning curve would get easier as you go along.

I am not sure if I am sticking with the game long term seeing as how sometime quest can get tedious but, being a perfectionist I love the fact that even if I did out level the quest I still get the money and exp in nice chunks as promised. I also like to do all the bonus side stuff, If it is on my to do quest list it is there.

The only think I wish they had was an easier LFD tool because eventually I just gave up on flashpoints all together. It is nothing something I would run repeatdly but more like only run once to take a look at what's it's like.

The Space game was a nice pleasant surprise, I find myself having never play THAT type of space shooter before kind of enjoying it. As of yet I have only failed two mission.

The Voice acting is top notch and was one of the main selling points I liked about it, even the generic side quest have voice acting. It really pulls me into the game. Sharded server is ok but so long as I can still see people running their mouth in my zone I thinK Iw ould like it.

PvP was fun when I did it. Sure it might be simple but I just stop and take a look at the three cannon BG and was pretty amazed by the details put into it. It really put me in the mood to punch some sith in the mouth and surprisingly the pvp is all inclusive. I can pretty much join at anytime. I also like the pesudo football game so and the bombing the doors open. Pretty fun all in all, I wouldn't do it all the time put it is a nice change of pace and I don't even have to be super geared for it.

I just recently discovered mods so I am just going to choose a few outfits that I like and then mod that with the commendation points. Even the mini extra like Datacrons add another dimension to this game. Gives me a nice break from punch people in the mouth although some of it could be...difficult (I'm looking at you Taris Power plant Datacron!) but the feeling of elation when you finally get there was nice.

The crafting ability is also a neat little idea. I love the fact that I can send my guys on errands and they just bring it right back to me. I also like to farm the crap out of the mats for some reason. It's just a habit of mine it is still doable it's going to be done.

Overall, the entire experience have been good and I look forward to see what is on the horizon. So I just change the reoccurring one month plan to 3 months. I figure that would give me enough time to do all the quest at least once after that well see how accessible end game would be if I can get into a good guild. Unfortunately I rolled on a pvp server and in my experience pvp servers normally doesn't have good raiding guilds. Not a generalization just a observation.

I find that I am enthrall by this game much like when i played Dragon Age Orign, Mass Effect, and DA2, Kotor and Kotor 2. When the game is over I wish there was more something else I can do to continue the storyline. In SWTOR if they keep the same high quality of story telling and options along with the customization coming along I might subscribe another three months and maybe another three after that... Just my two cents.

Disagree, entirely

The Game felt like one big grind from 1-50, especially 30-40, and 40-50 was the worst grind I have ever done; then there's a vaccum at level 50, of barely any content, and no one to do it with

that comment made me lol...

i feel very sad for you :)...you should rly leave the game and find soemthing better for you

Disagree, entirely

The Game felt like one big grind from 1-50, especially 30-40, and 40-50 was the worst grind I have ever done; then there's a vaccum at level 50, of barely any content, and no one to do it with

You have to wonder what kind of easymode somebody wants if they think this is a grind.

Disagree, entirely

LMAO

This type of foolishness is hilarious. What the fk is he talking about? GRIND? LOL! YOUVE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. Leveling in this game is easier then anything.

And everyone else is still levleing. We didnt rush to endgame in order to show everyone how big our epeen is. Or lack of epeen better like it lmao...

Now stop your nonsense kid......

Disagree, entirely

You're level 50 within a week of release.

What did you expect, a million other people that didn't have any obligations and could powerlevel to 50?

I've played more than I feel I should have, obligations aside, and i'm only 28.

Disagree, entirely

All you seem to do on these forums in every other post is whine and moan. If you don't like the game then why don't you just quit it?. Good lord you are an annoying pest.

I agree with the OP for the most part. Bioware's strong suit was always story, and this is a good thing to do well in the context of a star wars mmo. Some of the comments throughout these forums make me wonder if these people have ever played a bioware game before, and I certainly doubt they held realistic expectations for a newly released mmo from this company.

Games tend to seem "grindy" when you play for the majority of waking hours each day, everyday. Which apparently you did, since you are already 50.

No game is going to fix that "grindy" aspect if you approach the game like you did.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Its just funny you act surprised that you dont have anyone to group with, and you are already complaining about content a week in.

hint: most people are relaxing, and enjoying the game, and have other things going on in life.

Can we stop quoting that Shady troll? Having a whiny, repetitive troll on your ignore list is rendered pointless when 80% of the posts quotes him/her just to restate the obvious and in turn force me to read his/her tear stained posts. Edited by Inhalcator

Disagree, entirely

This leaves me with one question... WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE????? You must be insane, it's the only reason i can think of why someone who despises this game would still play it let alone post on the forums, nobody here cares about your opinion except for people that think exactly like you do, and even then they might not care.

Are they the ones that run around jumping in circles when there is nothing to do for 15 seconds

Hey, I do that, and I didn't even really play WoW! It's kinda subconscious though, I used to play FPS 5-15 years back, sitting still for 5 seconds in a game makes me nervous...

What I do find funny though, is that in the 10 years of doom and quake gaming, there was less drama than it is in one day in this day and age..

Edit: How do I add someone to my ignore list?

Edit2: Nvm, found the ignore list thingy.

Edited by Truga

Disagree, entirely

LOL, aside from a little semantics, you've made the same comment in about 50 different threads. If you were actually playing the game instead of trolling the forums all day and night, then maybe you'd be experiencing more endgame content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.