A Kindly Monster (spoilers)

LordFell

OK...

:mad:

So, I successfully completed this quest on one of my characters. Tonight, I thought I'd score a second one before the Rakghoul event was over. So, I logged into my Bioanalysis toon, and farmed all the mats I needed. About 400 Anodyne Extract & Multicellular Cultures. I got my influence with Dr. Lokin up to 10, and went into the Rakghoul Tunnels.

I deployed the probe at all 4 sites successfully, and ran the Dailies while I was at it. Turned this phase in to Dr. Lokin. Then, I fly out to Tatooine and run myself out to the Sarlacc pit for the last sample. Kill off the Gamorean Boss, and deploy my probe.

The Sample doesn't spawn. I also, no longer have a probe. The quest has advanced to a stage that says "collect the sample."

...no sample to collect. Again, this is the 2nd time I've done this, so I know what to look for... but it's not there.

I figure, alright. Fine. I'll reset the quest, so I can deploy my probe again.

The quest reset all the way back to "find and speak to Dr. Lokin."

Dr. Lokin no longer shows up on my contact list; I can only assume that my influence has been reset to zero as well. That's about 500K in credits of materials wasted, 3 hours of my time... and one super upset Subscriber. There doesn't seem to be any interest in helping me with my HK-51 quest (which your 4.0 companion changes caused to reset on me), but I'm going to be much more insistent about this one.

That's what my in-game support ticket informed me... which does me absolutely no good now. I've already reset the quest.

...Like I said, I actually need a fix, not an after the fact explanation of how to work around the bug.

If it helps the bug-fixing scenario, I know that there was another player standing near to the deployment zone, who was also eligible to loot the sample (I mean, why else was she there). When I was in the Rakghoul tunnels, I discovered that if you helped another player with the probe, you got credit. Even if you weren't grouped with them. It's entirely possible that the final probe was trying to give both of us credit, but could only spawn one sample... but didn't know who to spawn it for.

sorry you went to all that trouble, but I've done that quest with 4 chars now, and have had to relog in and out in order to get the probe on tatooine with 3 of them.

That isn't the first one of the companion quests that is like that - the one with Xalek has a "rock face" that you have to log in and out to be able to click on it as well. I suppose that's what gave me an idea on what to do....

And before that - the yozuck whatever critter on dromund kaas you STILL have to change instances to get it to appear, in order to get the codex.

So...when in doubt, log in and out.

So...when in doubt, log in and out.
Good advice... but again, will not at all help me in this situation, because I reset the quest thinking that would be the best solution.

I'm definitely going to badger customer service until they actually offer me some sort of fix for the trouble I went through.

Good advice... but again, will not at all help me in this situation, because I reset the quest thinking that would be the best solution.

I'm definitely going to badger customer service until they actually offer me some sort of fix for the trouble I went through.

No need to badger them, your influence is still at Rank 10.

I am sorry to inform you but hell will freeze over first :mad

I do understand your frustration but nothing ever gets a fix if the customer can find a kludge the gets around the problem :(

Edited by GythralSWTOR

No need to badger them, your influence is still at Rank 10.

...I haven't checked that, but I assumed since Dr. Lokin isn't on my contact list anymore, that my influence was also reset.

However, if that is the case, then this isn't quite so terrible.

...I haven't checked that, but I assumed since Dr. Lokin isn't on my contact list anymore, that my influence was also reset.

However, if that is the case, then this isn't quite so terrible.

this is the situation I'm at with this guy. I have actually lost influence with him by inadvertently pressing the esc key during the conversations. You lose everything you had gained. I was told to reset and ran into the same problem as you. I've had some many problems with the companion missions that the advice to abandon them all and start over again sees almost reasonable.

I can confirm that my influence with Dr. Lokin (on the affected character of course) is still 10. It's unfortunate that I didn't discover this while the Rakghoul event was still on... but as you might imagine what had me in an anguished state was having to regather all of those bio-mats. I understand that the rakghoul event is going to be monthly now, so I just need to wait a bit.

In regards to your issue, Keeta, I had a similar problem... but when I hit ESC instead of exiting the conversation through the menu, while my influence didn't change... neither did it use any of the materials.