If you nerf my op comp, Im leaving you.....

Bluttoh

Ive been playing regularly for over a year now, put up with all of your bs.. like the slot machine.. but this time we are on the skids kids.. I dont like the grind and the my op comp eliminates that, I just brought in my kid to play and he loved it tooo So two subs gone and likely more if once again you play me for a fool, sorry lover, but it just must be.... Edited by Bluttoh
spelling

Ive been playing regularly for over a year now, put up with all of your bs.. like the slot machine.. but this time we are on the skids kids.. I dont like the grind and the my op comp eliminates that, I just brought in my kid to play and he loved it tooo So two subs gone and likely more if once again you play me for a fool, sorry lover, but it just must be....

This almost reads like a "dear John" letter at some points.

On a serious note. I'm in the will test the change and if I find them to be no better then they were pre 4.0 or in the worst case scenario WORSE then they were in pre 4.0 I'll be leaving until they are fixed.

On a serious note. I'm in the will test the change and if I find them to be no better then they were pre 4.0 or in the worst case scenario WORSE then they were in pre 4.0 I'll be leaving until they are fixed.

Noo, it's a Dear EAware letter, lol. I wish you luck my friend.

Ive been playing regularly for over a year now, put up with all of your bs.. like the slot machine.. but this time we are on the skids kids.. I dont like the grind and the my op comp eliminates that, I just brought in my kid to play and he loved it tooo So two subs gone and likely more if once again you play me for a fool, sorry lover, but it just must be....

So you acknowledge that it was OP... You know OP is something devs do not intend to be WAI I hope. Thus I predict troll thread. If not is this your first MMO? If not grinds are actually necessary for financial viability. The trick is NOT to eliminate the grind the trick is to make it bareable and/or disquise it via a rewards based system

So you acknowledge that it was OP... You know OP is something devs do not intend to be WAI I hope. Thus I predict troll thread. If not is this your first MMO? If not grinds are actually necessary for financial viability. The trick is NOT to eliminate the grind the trick is to make it bareable and/or disquise it via a rewards based system

I've talked to people on JC and while they all agree the comps are OP very few of them actually said they wanted them changed.

This is why I've decided to try the changes before I choose to go elsewhere or not.

I don't see how the companions can be considered overpowered. This is how they were demonstrated during the runup to 4.0. Eric and crew did a stream where they showed companions wrecking H2+'s so this is clearly a feature that was intended. I can understand a rebalancing if Heals truly are outperforming DPS and Tanks, but I can't see why you wouldn't settle in the middle, bring heals back a little and dps up a little.

H2+ is supposed to mean solo with companion and an option to bring a friend if you want. But should be easily soloed.

I don't see how the companions can be considered overpowered. This is how they were demonstrated during the runup to 4.0. Eric and crew did a stream where they showed companions wrecking H2+'s so this is clearly a feature that was intended. I can understand a rebalancing if Heals truly are outperforming DPS and Tanks, but I can't see why you wouldn't settle in the middle, bring heals back a little and dps up a little.

H2+ is supposed to mean solo with companion and an option to bring a friend if you want. But should be easily soloed.

It's BW they don't have a "middle" they either make things OP or utterly worthless. :(

1. I do acknowledge it. I was looking at the forums and my 34 sage was attacked and my op comp kept me defended until I saw the problem. Wonderful!

2. WoW was my first MMO, played from 2005 to 2010.

3. Grinds are not necessary for my three lvl 65's, just tedious. For the first time I enjoyed just running heroics for fun.

4. If there is a trick to designing a grind to make it beareable, they found it with op comps, otherwise the trick is just like the slot machine.... gottcha

I agree with this 100%!

1. I do acknowledge it. I was looking at the forums and my 34 sage was attacked and my op comp kept me defended until I saw the problem. Wonderful!

Wow . . . so actually playing the game was so interesting you had to come to the forums while logged in?

Excellent design, there.

Wow . . . so actually playing the game was so interesting you had to come to the forums while logged in?

Excellent design, there.

No genius, this nerf makes me so angry I come to the forums to 'voice' my opinion, sorry that bothers you.

Excellent design, there.

I come to the forums randomly while I play or I go to Dulfy to look things up. It's not like ALT. tabing out of game is something new that came with 4.0 and the op comps.

so basicly I will have to go back to wasting a good percentage of the little creds I do have to buying medpacks and also sometimes waiting hours while asking in chat for a grp to do a heroic quest.

Maybe not the low lvl Heroics but Heroics like Sec x and the Star fortress heroics probably won't be doable solo.

No genius, this nerf makes me so angry I come to the forums to 'voice' my opinion, sorry that bothers you.

I couldn't give a crap less what your reasons are. And bothers me? Nope. Look, man, I like my casual-easy game as much as the next guy who only plays MMOs to relax at the end of a day. Which yes, is why I play. And no, I'm not a "give me challenge or I leave" type of player. Not by any stretch. If I ever want that, I'll go endgame in Wildstar. I don't.

That said, I play WoW as well as SWTOR. World of Warcraft, very accurately described as an MMO on Training Wheels. But I like that about it.

What they did to SWTOR in 4.0 makes WoW look like Wildstar raiding. Even for me this has become boring as all hell. So, I spoke with my wallet: eight (8) days left and then no one here has to hear from me again.

I come to the forums randomly while I play or I go to Dulfy to look things up. It's not like ALT. tabing out of game is something new that came with 4.0 and the op comps.

Exactly, and sometimes... while all my comps are busy crafting I will read whats on the grapevine..

I just came back to the game in September after being gone for 2.5 years. If they go through with this nerf, I may unsub again and will most likely never come back. I will test the waters before hitting the unub button, but if this makes things so much more difficult to get done, I will simply leave. I like options in my games, especially for grindy stuff like daily/weekly missions. Sometimes I want to group, sometimes I just want to get it done by myself. Very disappointing news.

I'll probably keep subbing, but think twice about much money I invest in supplementary purchases from the Cartel Market.

Should clarify - if they make them a lot worse than before the changes were implemented.

Edited by horrorfaneightys

I'll probably keep subbing, but think twice about much money I invest in supplementary purchases from the Cartel Market.

Should clarify - if they make them a lot worse than before the changes were implemented.

This new pack system pretty much killed any chances they had of getting me to spend money on CCs for CM items. If they'd 86 the pack system and just place everything in the CM for purchase I'd probably spend money more regularly.

Yes the severity of the nerf will have a direct impact on if I stay or not.

Edited by Anaesha

Maybe not the low lvl Heroics but Heroics like Sec x and the Star fortress heroics probably won't be doable solo.
I've done a Star Fortress heroic 2 solo. It was rough, but doable. I wiped (heh!) 2x, and got punted off a deck 2 times as well - i don't count that as a wipe, that's just silly mechanics, IMO.

But all in all, i'm happy with how companions are, ATM. (Except for how affection translated to influence for maxed out companions, but that's another issue.)

This new pack system pretty much killed any chances they had of getting me to spend money on CCs for CM items. If they'd 86 the pack system and just place everything in the CM for purchase I'd probably spend money more regularly.

Yes the severity of the nerf will have a direct impact on if I stay or not.

Ya, I was lucky to read what they did to the hypercrates before I bought one, I will never spend my cc on those again until they revert back to the way they were. Maybe EAware wants us all to leave?

I've done a Star Fortress heroic 2 solo. It was rough, but doable. I wiped (heh!) 2x, and got punted off a deck 2 times as well - i don't count that as a wipe, that's just silly mechanics, IMO.

But all in all, i'm happy with how companions are, ATM. (Except for how affection translated to influence for maxed out companions, but that's another issue.)

This is what Im thinking, Ive not got through the last boss of that WITH my op comp, when they nerf it 50% I will never be able to do that Heroic. Dont say group up, Im doing that with my comp.

This is what Im thinking, Ive not got through the last boss of that WITH my op comp, when they nerf it 50% I will never be able to do that Heroic. Dont say group up, Im doing that with my comp.
I just read about that nerf right after i posted - ungh. Best hurry up and get the best gear you can, and try to get through. I got as much 208 gear as i could on my one character that was at that point in the story - that was last night.

Was on a Jedi Shadow tank specced, with Lana healing - Lana is at.... lvl 12 influence, on that character, i think.