Your Headcanon Poll

Phabulous

Over the last few months I've been doing some research both here and on the official subreddit for what the average SWTOR player has as his/her headcanon. To facilitate this, I've created a pair of strawpolls to voice your opinions on each class. If you would be so kind as to take a moment and vote, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll be publishing the results at the end of the polling period.

Advanced Classes: http://strawpoll.me/5994998

Genders: http://strawpoll.me/5995023

Alignment: http://strawpoll.me/5995036

As always, please feel free to discuss your opinions in more detail. Those of us who love the story and character interations in SWtOR always appreciate a different viewpoint.

I suppose for my main 8 I'm played against type, as none of my 8 exactly match the type portrayed in the description of the class given by the codex in the KOTFE beginning <each gets their own description - "the republic trooper, the Jedi Knight, etc.> I am making 1 assumption about the characters portrayed - that the characters that look human are not cyborg, as I see no obvious implants. Anyway picture vs my char:

For the empire:

SI picture = female twillik, I play male sith pureblood

SW picture = male sith pureblood, I play female Zabrak

IA picture = male chiss, I play female chiss <only race that we match!>

BH picture = female rattataki, I play female cyborg.

and for republic:

JK picture = female human, I play female Miralin

JC picture = male human, I play male Zabrak

SM picture = male human, I play male Twillik

RT picture = female human, I play female cyborg.

Although I do have other alts, these are the ones I play with some regularity.

Edited by Shayddow

I suppose for my main 8 I'm played against type, as none of my 8 exactly match the type portrayed in the description of the class given by the codex in the KOTFE beginning <each gets their own description - "the republic trooper, the Jedi Knight, etc.> I am making 1 assumption about the characters portrayed - that the characters that look human are not cyborg, as I see no obvious implants. Anyway picture vs my char:

For the empire:

SI picture = female twillik, I play male sith pureblood

SW picture = male sith pureblood, I play female Zabrak

IA picture = male chiss, I play female chiss <only race that we match!>

BH picture = female rattataki, I play female cyborg.

and for republic:

JK picture = female human, I play female Miralin

JC picture = male human, I play male Zabrak

SM picture = male human, I play male Twillik

RT picture = female human, I play female cyborg.

Although I do have other alts, these are the ones I play with some regularity.

Rather off-topic, but it strikes me as ironic that none of the 4 Imperial class pictures are Human, and ALL 4 Republic class pictures are Human, given the Empire's rather rampant pro-human/anti-alien attitude vs the Republic's far more inclusive one.

<<given the Empire's rather rampant pro-human/anti-alien attitude>>

Obviously Sith purebloods are NOT considered "aliens" by the Empire.:D

Well, no. Sith and Humans share the upper echelons of Imperial society. I was really more commenting on how backwards the racial representations of the two factions seemed compared as a whole against each other.

The notoriously Anti-alien state has 3 aliens out of 4, where the far more Pro-alien state has absolutely none.

Perhaps the wording of my first comment was poorly chosen, drawing attention more towards the Empire's lack human representation where I meant more to emphasize the Republic's lack of non-humans.

Edited by OathboundCoH

I think it's merely a way of asking, "In your opinion, which alignment/AC/gender best fits each class?"

In that case my choices are

Sith Sorcerer- Male Zabrak Dark side.

Sith Juggernaut- Male Pureblood Dark side

Operative- Female Human Neutral

Mercenary- Male Chiss Neutral

Jedi Sentinel- Male Human Light side

Jedi Shadow- Male Miraluka Light side

Scoundrel- Male Cyborg Neutral-lightish

Commando- Male Mirialan neutral

Lore fitness for my choices:

SI: Fits perfectly. Zabrak are a slave race in the Empire and the inquisitor story bears that out in full. Zabrak is also a good choice because Zabrak are fierce and competitive which make good qualities for Sith. It's also very possible the elder Kallig is Zabrak underneath the mask, whereas him being say Twi'lek is more of a stretch. As far as AC and alignment you're dealing with high end Sith lore throughout and the character is influenced by Palpatine. So sorcerer it is. Of course I had to go and make my Zabrak look like Maul so the choice was actually agonizing.

SW: Again, perfect fit. The SW is said to come from nobility, which really narrows it down to human or pureblood. Purebloods tend to care more about that stuff so pureblood it is. Alignment is dark once again because light side Sith make no goddamn sense. AC could go either way I suppose but I like the way the Juggernaut plays (you're not as squishy) and since Vader is the inspiration it seems to have the edge.

IA: I know Chiss is the big favorite here but I went human because a) I don't like the Chiss Ascendency being so close to the action given they're supposed to be in complete isolation until Thrawn's time and b) despite the common belief that there isn't a major SW character archetype for agents, there is: Mara Jade. Yes most of the material on her focuses on her becoming a Jedi and Luke Skywalker's partner, but before all that she was Emperor's Hand and was basically the agent + the Force with a shorter chain of command. AC is operative because sniper feels like too much of a battlefield specialization for what's essentially a spy character and alignment is neutral because spies straddle morality lines like they're at the rodeo. I think the agent genuinely wants what's best for the Empire but they're not nearly as pointlessly bloodthirsty as the Sith.

BH: Chiss is against type, I know but I made a cool backstory for him nonetheless. Boba/Jango are the obvious influences here so male Mando it is. AC doesn't matter as much and alignment is as neutral as you get. They're here purely for the hunt, and the credits but they're not all out thugs.

JK: Your typical Luke Skywalker-ish hero. Male, light side human. Sentinel I think works better because of his role in the story. He strikes out against his enemies more than he defends the innocent, culminating of course with striking down the enemy. Or at least that's what it was at the start.

JC: Should be sage based on his chapter 1 story. Light side, gender doesn't really matter I guess. I think it's appropriate that someone so wise and powerful in the Force be of the race that uses it to see.

Smuggler: AC is a tough one. On the one hand gunslinger seems more appropriate since Han Solo didn't have a cloaking device. But he was a scoundrel lol. Cyborg is basically a human that had some stuff go down in his past so that fits. And neutral works best as he is self-serving most of the time, can be nasty if need be but at the end of the day he'll throw in with the side of the good. Also needs to be male to romance Risha which mirrors and inverts Han-Leia as Risha is royalty but otherwise the complete opposite of Leia.

Trooper: Probably the most free-form as this one really doesn't have an inspiration. I played him as uber-patriotic sociopathic soldier, flipping between light and dark. Worked out well. But I guess he can be anything.

We may have a clue to the alignments with the KotFE instant 60's, buuuut, they also seem to be a bit about being equal on both sides...so...

Sith Warrior: Female, DS, Pureblood (and I say that as someone who doesn't like the PB species :p), Marauder.

Sith Inquisitor: Male, LS, Zabarak (not a favorite race but figure this is it), Assassin.

Agent: Male, Neutral, Cyborg, Operative.

Hunter: Female, DS, Chiss, Merc

Knight: Male, LS, Human, Guardian

Consular: Female, LS, Miraluka, Sage (but only because that's likely where they want to put her)

Smuggler: Male, DS, Miralan (sp?), Gunslinger. My thought on this one, is the "I'm a chiss!" line and the Imperial goes "Wait! They have blue skin!" So, their green skin makes that play more worthwhile imo.

Trooper: Likely doesn't matter to much with this one, but like Female (Jorgan is likely the big romance over Dorne on this one), Neutral, Zabarak (left over specie), Vanguard.

Jedi Knight - Male - Human - Lightside - Sentinel (could be Guardian too, but I love Sents so going to say Sent)

Jedi Consular - Female - Miralukan - Lightside - Sage

Smuggler - Female - Human - Neutral - Scoundrel

Trooper - Male - Human or Cyborc - Neutral - Vanguard

Sith Warrior - Male - Human - Neutral - Juggernaut

Sith Inquisitor - Female - Human - Neutral or Darkside - Assassin

Imperial Agent - Female - Human - Lightside - Sniper

Bounty Hunter - Male - Human or Zabrak - Neutral or Lightside - Powertech

JK always felt more like that its supposed to be male. Propably due animations. Female Consular is my main, cannot picture any other Consular but female Miraluka. Smuggler, my second most used toon is human female, again that plays. Trooper, well, Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers etc. have always been male, so it feels more fitting for the class.

Warrior feels more like male due animations as well, plus imo male has more interesting romances. Inq makes more sense as female due Zash arc. Agent feels like female too, mostly because my Agent is female and I love Vector.

Hunter works either way, but to get 4 and 4 both genders I'm going with male. Plus, I think Torian makes more sense as apperentice-ish guy than love interest.

My characters:

BH: Powertech, LS Female Cyborg, Mandalorian, Honorbound

Imp Agent: Sniper, DS Female Cathar, Servent of Jadus

Inquisitor: Sorc, LS Male Zabrak, Advocate for Change

SW: Jugg, Neutral Female Rattataki, although it doesn't fit the cannon terribly well.

JK: Sentinel, Mostly LS male Mirilan? The green one.

JC: Shadow, Neutral Female Miraluka? Blind one

Trooper: Commando, LS female Chiss Defector

Smuggler: Scoundrel, LS female Twilek

Edited by GrayishPhoenix

I started to write all my characters up and came to a revelation. They're all male human and light side, except for the agent, smuggler and trooper which are more grey.

Edit, wait. My smuggler is a zabrak. I'm not entirely boring.

Edited by Sotof

I started to write all my characters up and came to a revelation. They're all male human and light side, except for the agent, smuggler and trooper which are more grey.

Edit, wait. My smuggler is a zabrak. I'm not entirely boring.

You can always change their appearance.

However, humans have a lot of things going for them imo. My warrior was a cyborg for instance, but I wanted the human only tattoo. Inquisitor was going to be non human, but I wanted the human only scar. Bounty Hunter was going to be Chiss, but I wanted the Hunter only tattoo.

Then there's the fact that I bought the blue eyes and pink hair, so I want to use them more than just once. :p

I did just make a new knight as a Chiss (which is what a lot of mine originally where :p)

You can always change their appearance.

However, humans have a lot of things going for them imo. My warrior was a cyborg for instance, but I wanted the human only tattoo. Inquisitor was going to be non human, but I wanted the human only scar. Bounty Hunter was going to be Chiss, but I wanted the Hunter only tattoo.

Then there's the fact that I bought the blue eyes and pink hair, so I want to use them more than just once. :p

I did just make a new knight as a Chiss (which is what a lot of mine originally where :p)

Personally I just feel the story fits whenever I play a human, playing as a Sith Inquisitor that was an alien would just be odd to me due to the class story.