Tactical flashpoints = FAILED MISSION

I didn't play game for a year. Finally i decided to come back to swtor.

After mi first visit to flashpoints i was a bit shocked when to flash point was joined 4 dps.

How decided this new changes, i can see 2 solutions for this

1) fire this developer who proposed this and this one who accept it

2) return everything as it was

Tank, Healer and 2 dps

May the mental health be with you

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its so stupid what BW/EA did let lvl 10+ play manaan

its to hard for them and like you said they don't talk don't listen and die to much

second boss was funn i explain don't stand in that water he put on the ground

what you no they don't listen and he summon his thunder atack poof all death

but this is going on for a long time with most random players i see in FP

mostly i do manaan solo with that suport droid its so much beter :p

Yeah, all good, but i dont understand why they just didnt make 4 groups of flashpoints based by level (like i wrote at my topic near this one) so Ortuno hits these lowbies with smaller damage hits, and us with 60+ with usual hits. And 1 more thing: i really seeeriously dont understand what guys who dont speak english do at ENGLISH server! Then when you want to help them and explain them all, they just stear like they swallowed fish bone... and wiping themselves of course. :p

They should ban such. Seriously.

Edited by ForceOfFinland

I use to enjoy q'ing for a tactical now and again. Was something to do and usually had a use for the crystals and the conquest pts.

But they are too difficult for a random group of lvls 10+. At least without a healer. It's a shame to get in one, and have people quit because of deaths, and only be able to complete it because of the OP companion healing.

What a set up. Bioware has this game rigged so it is better played by companions then real players.

Tacticals should be fairly easy to do with any mix of lvls 10+. But they aren't. Which is why I no longer q for random group finder.

Maelstrom prison. 4 dps 3 lvl 30-45 and my shadow lvl 65. 3 of them are about 60k hp, shadow - 77k hp. Bonus boss. Scoundrel is offhealing, I use adrenal for a bit higher dps, I use dcd, i use battle readiness, i use medpack, but i'm dead when boss is on 30k hp still. All the rest are dead by that time already ofc.

One of the other guys is leaving instantly, I summon influence lvl 21 shipdroid, no issues till the very end of fp. Final boss? Easy.

Manaan. 1st boss. Level 37 healer is eaten alive by boss. I dn't aggro boss because i'm on sniper and i have yet to survive 2 droids hanging on me. Healer requires someone to "tank" to let him heal, gets no answer and leaves. Shipdroid with lvl 12 influence makes Ortuno and final boss easy. The same as when we wiped endlessly on Ortuno till 2 people left (kicking each other, lol. The third guy was polite I guess and confrimed both requests). 2 dps + 2 healing comps (max influence level was 8. or even 6) finished fp easily.

I'd say it either should be doable for 4 dps of low level or should start only with trinity group.

Edited by Lesheren

Something needs to be done because, having just spent a miserable time trying to do the Titans of Industry mission, I'm done with Tacticals. Corporate Labs was hard enough but, after numerous wipes on Duneclaw in Meltdown, it is just not worth the pain. Unless that mission gets boosted to 100 radiants, it just isn't worth the pain.

Bioware needs to stop fixing what wasn't broken.

The new tacticals are a double edged sword, i mean you have players running flashpoints that were never intended for their level ie players who cannot put out decent dps because they have not got the abilities yet to do a decent rotation, plus some earlier fps were designed to show tactics such as last boss on hammer station which may be skipped since the flashpoints may not be done in order.

The problem arises because I am sure their metrics show that during 12x xp people were simply not running regular flashpoints as they were outlevelling stuff and the wait for a tank or healer meant you could be waiting a while.

I doubt that reverting back to the holy trinity will help at all, it will just vastly increase pop times once again.

Kdy as a tactical works with lobies since it was designed from the bottom up to be a tactical, but the old flashpoints were not so I think that bw need to go back and look at each flashpoint in depth as these were not designed in the same way as Kdy, just adding a healpoints on a boss and tweaking hp points will not make these original fps a tactical for the lower levels.

Edited by Jedi_riches

Well, problem is, people complained that the groupfinder took too long, but now that its quicker, people are complaining that lowbies are there.

Complainers are gonna complain regardless, also, when it comes to tactics, its better to learn as you do it....not get it explained before you do it, alot of players now-a-days expect 100% success, anything less then 100% success, is immediately abandoned.

I remember a time when people wiped several times before getting things done right, but now, its all about succeeding the first time and any more then the first time, then you are doing it wrong......i am thinking humanity is gone downhill. lol

It seems to me People her don't know how the Level sync Works.

If you are lvl 10 and enters Manaan FP, you are still lvl 10 BUT Your accessed skills deals the same number of Power output as IF you was Level 56 etc etc.

However you ARE still only Level 10.

Now it Works totally the other way around when you are of high Level and enter a lower Level area.

If you are lvl 65 and enter a Level 20 area, you do not LOOSE Levels, you are still lvl 65, but skills are adjusted for Power output according to Level.

This means that no matter how Level synced there will allaways be the same Level differance between classes and players in a Tactical, The lowest Levels will ALLWAYS underperform

The only way to fix it is to Accept the over written fact, deal With it and don't expect a lvl 10 in a tactical to perform in any way shape or form as anything but a lvl 10.

You can decline a grouping if the composition of the team has a certain amount of low-level players on your team that make you feel uneasy or doesn't have roles like a healer/tank.

I've done A LOT of Tactical Flashpoints since the level since and it's not that bad. I mean sure there are FP's like Manaan and CZ FP's that can give you fits if you are grouped with low leveled players or newbies or both. But as long as I'm not doing the hardest FP's on the list, I've had a lot of success doing Tacticals with low-leveled players/newbies. Communication is key!

Edited by Csjbo

Problem is with most mmorpg i no its the lack of information they give in FP/dungeons

i think its best for new players to give some info about bosses what you must do and what not

just for the first time you enter ??

maybe with short vids about the Boss because some players don't read chat if you explain it or can't read english very good My english is not so great to but ad least i can read it :p

so yea what do you guys think will more info in FP bring happy players ??

Actually would be nice of new players to give info they are new, as it was told before a billion times. The hardest fp mechanic can be easily described in a few sentences... at least the things one needs to survive and succeed. But no explanation can teach you your rotation and to use defensives and, of course, it can't make up for the lack of abilities.

TBH... Though I still believe that lvl11 toon has nothing to do with Blood hunt or Manaan - doesn't matter newbie or pro, sometimes i think the idea wasn't that bad... I'll bless the day when an average pug player starts using an interrupt. Also an average pug player spams chat with "skipskip" and "gogo", always goes straight to boss/golden mob (if dps. Sorc/sage, dps and healers both, prefer to open with aoe on the whole pack and melt) ignoring everything else (shooting them), generally can't be bothered with adds and dies in seconds. Maybe repair bills reborn will help with l2p? Or even learn-to-think?

*facepalm*

:/

From 10 to 14 you can only queue for Esseles/Black Talon.

When you get to level 15 all other FPs open in GF. You lose Esseles/Black Talon though.

Oh, thank you. My bad here, the lowest level toon I had since 4.0 was at 19.

Doesn't change a lot though.

:

Oh, thank you. My bad here, the lowest level toon I had since 4.0 was at 19.

Doesn't change a lot though.

You are right that some FPs (like taral V) should be for only lvl 24+ people with a cleanse (mercs dps specc have cleanse...I am not sure about sorcerer/agent dps).

....there was another thread with the same subject (and good hints and tricks in it that you can use if you are having trouble with FPs) so to not repeat myself and write long post here: get in the habit to try and interrupt (and that will take care of ''strong'' mobs 2 shotting you since these powerful attacks can (and should imo) be interrupted). Now you might meet a boss that is resistant to interrupts, but most are not. You really shouldn't die to Taral V first boss or something:)

....the last boss is different matter with its dot and how often he uses it (too often for you to always have DCD ready).

Another thing I am not too sure how many people know it: kolto stations have aoe hot effect. So don't wait for the ''tank'' to use (unless he/she have asked you not to)....and especially if you are range try to stand near kolto station so you can use it fast.

....and maybe the devs should rewrite the FP loading screens with something like ''Don't be impatient and if you die consider what you/the party did wong and talk about it'' or something...people are too quick to rage quit:)

Edit: oh and forgot to ask: why am I often seeing people complaining how hard Manaan FP is?

Edited by Saelinne

I think that bioware did the level sync the wrong way.

Think about it. Tactical FPs were FPs that were accessible from level X to level Y, for example 22 to 27.

What did level sync do to planets designed for level X to level Y? They simply scales higher level to the maximum level of that planet (say 27). This rule should have been apply for tactical FPs : Player which level is above Y should see there level go down to Y.

Now let's think about the lower levels. Before level sync arrived, FPs were discovered allongside the leveling of the player : When they reached out the X level, the player was able to acces this FP. This rule should still apply with level sync !

Think about it. When does player less complain about level sync? Simply when their level go down instead of up.

Now to sum up my thoughts:

1) Keep the min and max level of each FP like it was before level sync arrival.

2) Player whose level is under level min should not be able to acces it.

3) Player whose level is above level max should be synced to the level max of the FP;

Pros:

_ FP accessible to lower players will be easier than now (wich is expected, as it is accessible to players who don't know much about the game, but that need to learn from real situations)

_ FP that should not be accessed to players because of there level (under the required level) will no more messed up the time line of the story. Tthat point is rather cosmetic but I think it should really be considered, as SWTOR is an MMO whose speciality is the story.

Cons:

_ Lower level won't have as much FP as they have right know

_ Higher player will less complain about tactical FP, and the forum will have less animation that it has right know. (This one is just for fun ;) )

Feel free to criticize (in a constructive way please), I just wanted to express an idea that grow more and more in my head.

PS: Sorry if my english is a mess, I'm a french guy ;)

Edited by Torarn

Would it be a bit boring for level 65s and especially if there's more than 2 players in group? I just did Taral V in Solo Mode without droid. All bosses (yes, bonus boss too). No problems at all. Influence level 23 Nadia in heal mode. TK Sage in 208/216 mix, mostly 208 augmented.

In Solo Mode they do exactly what you want them to do for Tacticals.

Edited by Halinalle

I am done with any type of flashpoints till something is done. Just did Assault on Tython. I was grouped with a lvl 20, 24 and a 47. they all had 56k HP. I have over 77k. Guess who had agro for the whole thing? Sents cant tank, why does the game force me too? First boss, my hp went away so fast. i lasted about 30 seconds. If Bioware is going to keep these as is, they need to place a balanced group in them and completely do away with the idiotic level sync. I used to love flashpionts. Best way to get comms and hone my skills. Now they are just ruined, and the game has lost its appeal. It' no longer fun.

BIOWARE, please see the above.

Proof enough that the "New system" for doing fps SUCKS!!!

And level sync sucks, too.

bolstered or not, they don't have the skills nor the knowledge or the business or doing Assault on Tython as low levels.

Go back to the old ways and bring back the ability to WAFFLESTOMP wbs, fps in solo mode and same level groups not these maniacal, idiotic ones like above.

End of story.