The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Restore the collection unlocks for fleet bazar armors

Jaspin

Hi,

this might be one of my last posts as I have just canceled my subscription out of anger and frustration.

in late October I have fallen in the trap of buying armors and head gear from the vendors in the fleet bazar. Naive as I am I thought - the armor is shown in collections... the only legal way to acquire it is via fleet bazar... so there might be a chance it will unlock in collections.

Bought them... equipped them... made an astonished face... of the 15 acquired sets / head gears: 2 unlocked at once; 1 unlocked after two days; 12 not at all... which I found somewhat unfavorable.

I knew from the past that the unlocks might be buggy, "Marka Ragnos" / "Series-505" were unlocked some months ago after a ticket to CS.

So I thought - O.K. another ticket and all will be well - but no CS actually answered me "That armors bought from the fleet bazar had NEVER unlocked in collections". An answer I knew was false for two reasons: I had unlocks in the past and a minority had just unlocked a few days ago (just for fun facts: my brother bought other armors at the same time - which unlocked).

I asked: why show these armors in collections if the only legal way to acquire them is the fleet bazar - if they do not unlock. Now I received the answer that the fleet unlock had stopped, when the armors became part of the armor packs of the cartel market - meaning via 4.0 patch.

I have to admit I have not found the information in the patch notes nor in the explanations of the cartel market changes - but I am not a native speaker, so I might have missed a point.

So I sit here with dozens of armors bound to the wrong character, with (almost) no collection unlocks and having spent almost all of my remaining cartel certificates...Just to be lied to by the CS with the following change from lie to "oh we just changed the rules - tough luck - now you can gamble for the armors you just bought".

To summarize my plea (for those playing after me):

Get your programming straight! Treat all armors equal: All unlock or none unlock (Knowing Bioware Austin it will be "none").

Sorry for rambling...

F. Mumm

Edited by Jaspin

I was unable to unlock:

Volatile Shock Trooper

Hazardous Physician

Opulent Triumvirate

Series 79 Aureate

Ubrikkian Industries

Rectified Brawler

Amended Mystic

Voss Dignitary

Glorious Charnel Mask

Trophy Hunter's Mask

Stylish Defender

Enforcer's Eyeguard

"old" unlocks pre 4.0:

Corellian Councillor

Series 505 (after ticket)

Mira

Thana Vesh

Marka Ragnos (after ticket)

Dramatic Extrovert

Battleworn Triumvirate

"new" unlocks after 4.0:

Elite Regulator (which lead to my shopping spree)

BK-0 Combustion

male / female Underwear

Edited by Jaspin

The loss of certificates is one aspect.

I find it rather disturbing, that an option to buy armors directly (for unlocks - one can still buy them for "fun") was removed and replaced by an cartel market "gamble version".

That has to be a bug. They are all listed as unlockable in the Collections interface, and some of them were not unlockable before. If the interface is wrong, then you should get a refund of your cartel coins and certificates. Whoever told it was changed because they were added to the Cartel Market boxes is completely wrong, as that would mean they are still unlockable.

If you can put in another ticket, you could try asking for a rep who is familiar with account unlocks.

I had a ticket submitted for the Hazardous Physician's set and was told that the cartel rep. version won't unlock, but the new cartel pack version will. Yet I've had other cartel rep. items unlock, and I have a women's underwear set from a cartel pack that won't. Very inconsistent or buggy.

It's not a bug or inconsistent. The armors availible from previous packs gained from the rep DO unlock, wait for the timer to expire then equip them. Keep in mind you do still need the entire set for the unlock to register. The reputation armors exclusively from the reputation vendors DO NOT unlock, if you want more you need the cm certs and credits.

It's not a bug or inconsistent. The armors availible from previous packs gained from the rep DO unlock, wait for the timer to expire then equip them. Keep in mind you do still need the entire set for the unlock to register. The reputation armors exclusively from the reputation vendors DO NOT unlock, if you want more you need the cm certs and credits.

Were exactly is the difference between "Voss Dignitary" (collection does not recognize that I bought the set) and "BK-0 Combustion" (which unlocked)?

The German collection text even (still) states that the "Voss Dignitary" armor (and some others...) is exclusively obtainable via reputation vendors... (and in the past the armors where highlighted as "collected"... now nothing)

... and I checked of course if I had bought the entire sets...

Edited by Jaspin

Were exactly is the difference between "Voss Dignitary" (collection does not recognize that I bought the set) and "BK-0 Combustion" (which unlocked)?

The German collection text even (still) states that the "Voss Dignitary" armor (and some others...) is exclusively obtainable via reputation vendors... (and in the past the armors where highlighted as "collected"... now nothing)

... and I checked of course if I had bought the entire sets...

They highlight as unlocked because you have "unlocked" them but when you click them it says to obtain more copies visit that rep vendor. My eyepatch and sunglasses still appears that way since the day I bought them and their timer expired. If there is/was a reclaim option for any of those sets/pieces that is the bug.

They highlight as unlocked because you have "unlocked" them but when you click them it says to obtain more copies visit that rep vendor. My eyepatch and sunglasses still appears that way since the day I bought them and their timer expired. If there is/was a reclaim option for any of those sets/pieces that is the bug.

... but that is the "problem" most of them do not highlight... it remains as if I never bought them. If I can get more copies of the armor (on character / on legacy) afterwards is a whole different problem....

... but that is the "problem" most of them do not highlight... it remains as if I never bought them. If I can get more copies of the armor (on character / on legacy) afterwards is a whole different problem....

Does it really matter if they highlight or not? They may highlight but the only way to get another copy is to go buy it from the vendor anyway. Really they should never highlight because they don't unlock, but again it doesn't really matter if they are or are not highlighted, there is no difference since you can't reclaim them one way or the other. If you were confused about what truly unlocks, i explained what does and doesn't.

I have to disagree. As I pointed out some reputation armors highlight (or unlock or are registered as collected or what ever) some don't... "Dignitary" and "BK-O" are both reputation armors but reacted differently (- I don't even like some of the armors - but I am one of "these collectors"... I want the collection complete). I can even compare within my family: my brother bought the "Councilor" which is unlocked for me but did not for him. "Marka Ragnos" (not a "pure" reputation armor I know) was unlocked by CS for me... it unlocked by itself for my brother.

Perhaps this is less a suggestion thread but more a bug report?