Community managers/staff going a little OT?

Ecinev

Dear Ecinev,

You have received a warning at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason:

-------

Rude, Disrespectful Comments

Your post was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Do not post replies which attack other members. While we encourage constructive criticism and civil debate, we ask that all community members respect one another regardless of differences in opinion.

We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you take a moment to review our Rules of Conduct.

Feel free to contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team at bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com if you have any questions about this message or its contents. Thank you for respecting our position and helping us create a fun and safe environment for our community.

-------

Original Post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=791811

Originally Posted by Selvetarm

the last downtime was 6pm central usa time. maybe, instead of raging and talk about "rotating timezones", next time you might want to know what you are talking about[/Quote]

1) Candy go troll elsewhere.

2) this isn't wow so **** their long *** maintenance I personally hate long maintenance, Carnett fett was the only one who answered my actual question, so Thankyou Carnett. Now I know.

3) Rage about timezones? it specifically says that tuesday and this time will probably become the permanent time for maintenance.

4) I'm not asking for a half hour fix so I can moan about something ( and some ****** pathetic sentence about oil and a car) I was asking wether it was purely simple maintence ( which whilke we are in the process of comparing it to other games, Eve does it in 30 minutes, same as RFO, Sro, and many other games) or wether it was an ACTUAL patch.

5) the patch personally doesn't seem worthy of 6 hours as it fix's aload of ***** which should of been fixed BEFORE release anyway....

If you care to shut up and READ the original post properly BEFORE posting you might see all the question marks... they are questions... not insults...... they require Answers NOT trolling.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic [/Quote]...

I cannot mail the CM back so felt the need to put this one here, Apart from the obvious words that are swearwords... which incase we all haven't noticed yet are filtered. Where exactly have I insulted anyone? enough to get a warning? and 'Rude' comments? lol please, this was a heated discussion things that may seem rude at first get said. It is kind of part of it.

No I am not asking for this to be taken from me or even crying that I care about getting the warning but I know I'm not the only one getting warnings for not actually saying anything wrong... especially as all bad language is censored, or is this just a case of a new staff member having a shiny new warning button ? ( no disrespect mean't.)

**** tha police yo..... I am asking in a non disrespectful manner what the COMMUNITY think.... how else can I ask? pm the Community support and ask them to make a thread about themselves being abit TOO harsh over something ALREADY censored? come on man open your eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes.

I see nothing different that wasn't going on pre-launch tbh.

However, OP, be mindful that moderators on any forum don't really like people discussing their moderation tactics. i expect this thread will be shut down because of that reason very soon.

Edited by Tarka

**** tha police yo..... I am asking in a non disrespectful manner what the COMMUNITY think.... how else can I ask? pm the Community support and ask them to make a thread about themselves being abit TOO harsh over something ALREADY censored? come on man open your eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes.

Talking about the forums in general discussion is strictly forbidden and this topic will probably be locked. The General Discussion is specifically used to talk about Star Wars: The Old Republic video game. Not it's forums.

Not surprising. Reminds me of those people getting banned on dragon age forums and not being able to play the game they purchased. Bioware does not have a good customer service record.

You act like they were trying to ban them from the game on purpose. Was it bad planning? yes. Was it a completely stupid mistake? yes. Was it malicious? no.

While i dont want Bioware to go to EJ's standards of moderation, i do think being tough and cracking down early is a good thing.

I SO AGREE...check out this...what a joke

ear einsoff,

You have received a new private message at STAR WARS: The Old Republic from CommunitySupport, entitled "You have received an infraction at STAR WARS: The Old Republic".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

Dear einsoff,

You have received an infraction at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason: Insulting Others

-------

Your post was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. After careful review of the posted material, we are placing an infraction on your account for this violation.

Insults or name calling directed towards other members are not permitted on these forums. Please keep posts on topic, polite, and constructive to the discussion.

Please understand that our goal is to create a safe, friendly environment for our online community. Further violations of the rules can lead to temporary or permanent removal of your posting privileges. We strongly encourage you to take a few moments and review the Rules of Conduct (http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct/) you agreed to when creating your account to avoid future violations.

Should you have any questions about this message or any other issues that require assistance, please contact us at bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com.

-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=770687#post770687

---Quote---

---Quote (Originally by Tinantier)---

awww - did one just hand you your butt on a plate in a pvp zone?

yes? thought so.

Shadows and Assaasins do not have an instant break that is always up and nor can they chain CC people - do not make things up to cover you being rubbish at PVP.

---End Quote---

why dont you stop being a punk and explain exactly what the hell is happening then for us idiots please? As a Sniper I can pretty much take anyone 1 on 1 EXCEPT the shadow/assassin class and it is because I can not root them like I can everyone else. What is the cause and what is the counter? Care to be productive?

---End Quote---

All the best,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

http://www.swtor.com/community/private.php

Edited by einsoff

You act like they were trying to ban them from the game on purpose. Was it bad planning? yes. Was it a completely stupid mistake? yes. Was it malicious? no.

While i dont want Bioware to go to EJ's standards of moderation, i do think being tough and cracking down early is a good thing.

I consider it a bit malicious. They are very strict with their forums and ban/delete things they don't like even when the person is just voicing his opinion. I think their entire CS department has a bit of a chip on their shoulder/power trip. I think they'll find that MMO communities where people are paying a monthly fee expect a certain level of service beyond what single player game communities expect.

Of course I understand no one is paying a monthly fee, yet, but I'll be surprised if their policies change by next month since it has a long history of being this way.

Edited by Shillen

Hey folks,

While we do appreciate and read the feedback, good and bad, regarding moderation policy, we ask that if you have an issue regarding specific moderation actions, that you mail bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com. Discussion of specific moderator actions is not allowed on the forum.

We'll be closing this thread now. Thanks for your understanding.