Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give Force Storm a Longer Channel Again, Please

AlCiao

So, Force Storm used to be massively OP after 3.0, in PVP and PVE. Had a slow effect, 6 second channel, high damage, and a base 100% accuracy that the sniper and merc's AoEs didn't have, plus Recklessness procced on all ticks of the channel.

Now, there is no slow effect, it's a 3 sec channel (with corresponding halved damage), with a further -25% damage reduction, and merc and sniper AoEs have a base 100% accuracy too.

It's time to bring Force Storm back up to par. Even if you don't remove the -25% damage nerf, at least put the channel back to 6 seconds, please (or even 4.5, like the sniper's AoE)!

I bloody LOVE Force Storm's animation. I'm like a little kid, constantly spamming it and laughing maniacally. I use it on groups of mobs over andover even though things like Death Field would be more efficient. It would nice if it didn't take 3 channels to kill them all XD

Thanks.

I would agree with this....but with a caveat. I would make it interruptible (if it is not already) and also disable the crowd control part when it comes to players, or at least make it much less likely to effect other players.

I would leave it in place as is for NPCs....it works great in this regard, especially vital for healers that need some crowd control to protect themselves. But the duration is so short it almost feels like trolling lol.

A bit longer would be better, even if just for a few seconds more.

I would agree with this....but with a caveat. I would make it interruptible (if it is not already) and also disable the crowd control part when it comes to players, or at least make it much less likely to effect other players.

I would leave it in place as is for NPCs....it works great in this regard, especially vital for healers that need some crowd control to protect themselves. But the duration is so short it almost feels like trolling lol.

A bit longer would be better, even if just for a few seconds more.

I don't know if it's interruptible or not, but if it isn't, it should be. That's an understandable caveat for PVP. I just don't PVP, so I didn't think of it.

As for crowd control effect, there is none. The chance to stun only works on standard and weak NPCs (not players), and the slow effect has been completely removed.

:)

I don't know if it's interruptible or not, but if it isn't, it should be. That's an understandable caveat for PVP. I just don't PVP, so I didn't think of it.

As for crowd control effect, there is none. The chance to stun only works on standard and weak NPCs (not players), and the slow effect has been completely removed.

:)

The stun effect was/is vital for healers IMO, even on trash mobs, as healers tend to be made of paper. The slow effect, not so much. The stun was/is enough IMO.

I also think that overload needs to be returned to its prior 360 degree function, and the triggers for abilities need to be moved BACK to the end of the animations.

IMO that last change was one of the worst ones they made visually. Makes most of the animations look downright silly.

The main problem was exactly what OP wants: spammable Force Storm.

It was really sad to see that just by spamming Force Storm you did more damage than perfectly optimized Lightning rotation.

Force storm remains spammable. The way to fix that would have been to increase the cooldown, not decrease the duration.

Force storm remains spammable. The way to fix that would have been to increase the cooldown, not decrease the duration.

Yes, now you have to actually do something other than spam Force Storm. Do you remember 3.0? Level 12 Sorcerers running around DK spamming Force Storm only. No other abilities were used ever. In flashpoints? Force Storm only.

Yes, now you have to actually do something other than spam Force Storm. Do you remember 3.0? Level 12 Sorcerers running around DK spamming Force Storm only. No other abilities were used ever. In flashpoints? Force Storm only.

Im sorry but you can't blame players for devs bad decision.

Also i guess you forgot to mention one tiny detail - "young" snipers hardly use anything than supressive fire now.

Or maybe i missed something, huh? :rolleyes:

Im sorry but you can't blame players for devs bad decision.

Also i guess you forgot to mention one tiny detail - "young" snipers hardly use anything than supressive fire now.

Or maybe i missed something, huh? :rolleyes:

I still haven't leveled up my sniper or gunslinger from 60 but I'm quite sure Engineering/Sabouteur does more AoE damage than spamming basic AoE attack even with utility.

And yes, you have missed quite a lot:

- level 50+ sentinels/marauders using only one saber

- level 60+ scoundrels/operatives in cover spamming basic attack with occasional grenade here and there

- level 50+ assault spec commandos in armor piercing cell

- level 50+ vigilance guardians swapping stances based on their hp

I still haven't leveled up my sniper or gunslinger from 60 but I'm quite sure Engineering/Sabouteur does more AoE damage than spamming basic AoE attack even with utility.

- level 60+ scoundrels/operatives in cover spamming basic attack with occasional grenade here and there

- level 50+ assault spec commandos in armor piercing cell

- level 50+ assault spec commandos in armor piercing cell- level 50+ vigilance guardians swapping stances based on their hp

This is the stuff of nightmares.

Well, regardless, setting the duration lower has had NO EFFECT IMO over the ability use. Only that it now seems like trolling more than anything else.

Again, the way to promote use of other abilities and reduce damage would have been to increase the cooldown time, not decrease the duration.

I personally do not want a cooldown on Force Storm. I like it being spammable.

It has a 25% damage reduction, so it's inferior to the merc and sniper's AoE now anyway. Also the slow effect has been removed. What's the problem?

And as I've admitted, it does NOT clear mobs as efficiently as my rotation would, I use it just because LIKE to, because it's a very cool animation and effect. This is only in solo content with no elites. In flashpoints, heroics, and ops, I never use Force Storm. Even when it was OP, I rarely used it in group contexts; after all, you don't want to suddenly get all the aggro.

Jedi guardians should be capable use light saber reflect the force storm back without taking damage. Force storm should have travel out of the hands to the target but not down from a sky.

Light saber reflect need a increase to last enough to repel the force storm.

Force storm time is find as is but needs to travel from out of hands to the target but not from the sky.

Make it look as pose to be in star wars movie

Edited by Wagerbane

It has a 25% damage reduction, so it's inferior to the merc and sniper's AoE now anyway. Also the slow effect has been removed. What's the problem?

Suppressive Fire is only better in Marksmanship.

Please, don't say you're comparing to Orbital Strike/Flyby: only Engineering/Saboteur gets reduced cooldown and activation time.

Suppressive Fire is only better in Marksmanship.

Please, don't say you're comparing to Orbital Strike/Flyby: only Engineering/Saboteur gets reduced cooldown and activation time.

LOL Of course I wasn't comparing it to Orbital Paper Cut :p

Why is Suppressive Fire only better in Marksmanship? Cuz of the increased critical hit and damage? Regardless, Suppressive Fire is better. Longer channel, more damage, same base 100% accuracy. Sure, it doesn't have a stun chance, but I'm ignoring that element cuz it doesn't have any effect in PVP or vs strongs/elites, which is the reason that the slow was removed.

Jedi guardians should be capable use light saber reflect the force storm back without taking damage. Force storm should have travel out of the hands to the target but not down from a sky.

Light saber reflect need a increase to last enough to repel the force storm.

Force storm time is find as is but needs to travel from out of hands to the target but not from the sky.

Make it look as pose to be in star wars movie

Force Lightning is the power that you're thinking of from the movies :p That's already in the game. Force Storm is an AoE, and a very cool looking one. Saber Reflect specifically says in its tooltip that it only reflects single-target attacks, which Force Storm is not.

Why is Suppressive Fire only better in Marksmanship? Cuz of the increased critical hit and damage? Regardless, Suppressive Fire is better. Longer channel, more damage, same base 100% accuracy. Sure, it doesn't have a stun chance, but I'm ignoring that element cuz it doesn't have any effect in PVP or vs strongs/elites, which is the reason that the slow was removed.

Because it only deals 11k damage over 4,5s with 25% utility in Engineering. I mean, even Explovie Probe + Series of Shots deals more, way more, damage to one enemy.

And that's before we get to how spammable the ability is: you can only do it 3 times before getting serious resource management problems.

Because it only deals 11k damage over 4,5s with 25% utility in Engineering. I mean, even Explovie Probe + Series of Shots deals more, way more, damage to one enemy.

And that's before we get to how spammable the ability is: you can only do it 3 times before getting serious resource management problems.

Only 11k? XD

Also, how many times do you need to use it to kill all the enemies anyway? On CZ-198, my sorc has to do two channels of Force Storm to knock out regular mobs, and often three. My sniper only has to do a single channel of Suppressive Fire.

Only 11k? XD

Also, how many times do you need to use it to kill all the enemies anyway? On CZ-198, my sorc has to do two channels of Force Storm to knock out regular mobs, and often three. My sniper only has to do a single channel of Suppressive Fire.

Well... He also forgot to mention about plasma probe.

Let's compare: Sorcerer Lightning Storm VS Supressive fire+plasma probe at the same location.

Force Storm/Forcequake does 4+k per tick @ 60.

And it can be spammed.

Well, now I'm wondering what level and gear rating your sorcerer and sniper have :p Because my sniper and my sorcerer, when they were at 60, had Suppressive Fire as very superior in damage to Force Storm. Both of them have the +25% damage utility.

Now my sorc is 65, and my sniper is still 60, but in daily areas, where they're both synced down to a certain level, Suppressive Fire still outmatches Force Storm. Like I said, a single channel of SF always takes out normal mobs, whereas it takes two full channels, with sometimes the first tick or two of a third channel, of FS to do the same.

Oh, I see. They have to buff Force Storm.

CZ, Level 60, 190/192 w/ 186 relics, no companion:

Forcequake -> TK Wave -> Forcequake

And that's on character that had 110% force accuracy (now over 112%) and 70% surge pre-4.0.

My Sorc is in healing 186/190 (vendor) gear.

Edited by Halinalle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.