Shadow of Revan - linked Flashpoints?

KrazieFox

Prior to 4.0 I had never got a character beyond level 46. So now I am experiencing 'Shadow of Revan' for the first time and ... really hate it. I am glad I had not previously got up to this.

The whole Expansion is just a series of back to back Flashpoints!

I can now see why subscriptions and player numbers were dropping fast. I am so glad BioWare changed the game with 4.0 and brought SWTOR closer to its KotOR roots.

Doing the Revan expansion would have been the nail in the coffin for swtor had I tried this prior to experiencing KotFE.

It is simply LAZY ... I hope no further expansions follow this style ... at least The Hutt Cartel expansion had a decent story ...

even though I hated the 'Insta-Kill' attack of the final boss

Am I the only person who is/was disappointed with The Shadow of Revan expansion? :confused:

You mean four OPTIONAL flashpoints and two mandatory flashpoints, oh nooooo!

Optional? In what way is it 'Optional'? If you mean completing the Shadow of Revan (or ANY expanion for that matter) is 'Optional' then I do not agree - I wish my character to progress along the games Timeline.

Tython, Korriban, Manaan, Rakata Prime ... I do not see that as 'Optional' simply because to progress through the expanion I see no alternative - there is NO alternative - I do the Flashpoint or I don't complete the expansion - simple.

In what way is that 'Optional'? :confused:

It's not all linked flashpoints; once you're past those 4 (which, I believe are mandatory), you get to Rishi, then Yavin, then Ziost, all of which are "Standard" planetary zones. I rather enjoyed Rishi, actually.

There's a couple solo flashpoints on Rishi that may or may not be mandatory, I don't recall.

At any rate, with the Solo mode, it's miles better than the ORicon story, which ends in Operations, so for now I'll never see that story...

Need to correct/explain a few things...

The first 4 flashpoints aren't part of the SoR expanion, it's the prelude.

Tython/Korriban were added with update 2.7 in April 2014.

Manaan was added with update 2.9 in August 2014

Rakata was added with update 2.10 in September 2014

While thoses 4 are indeed flashpoints, they are now soloable and setup the stage for the expansion, they tell a story and you meet new characters.

The expansion SoR (3.0) was released in December 2014 with Rishi and Yavin 4

There's 2 flashpoints on Rishi, still soloable. Both flashpoints are also part of the story. There's also missions on both planets.

Then with update 3.2 in April 2015, they added Ziost the last part of the expansion, leading to KotFE.

I don't see where is the problem, it's better than before when stories ended in operations, now you can see all, even if you're a solo player. I think the flashpoints and cutscenes do a good job at telling a story, it's not just places with random mobs. It seems to me it's better to have group content that are directly linked with the rest of the expansion than completely independant so having thoses (soloable) flashpoints in the middle is imo good.

Then there's all the missions on Rishi/Yavin 4/Ziost that you seem to have missed which make a bigger part of the expansion than the 2 flashpoints...

The problem is you did not do the content when it was current. These flashpoints were added in waves. You did the first two then waited a few months then the next one etc....

So now when you go to start the prelude you have to do them all in order per the story. Once you finish the prelude and actually start the expansion SOR, it plays out like a normal story.

Why in the world would anyone complain about having to do FP's, when they're so easy to solo? In some ways they're easier than the standard content now. The only possible issue I could see with doing a FP now is that you can't log off in the middle of them. But are any of them even a hour long?