Cartel market prices are abusive

MallorHan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really??????????????????????

2600 CC for a single armor, that's 26 USD, and 800 CC for one stronghold decoration, that's more that one month subcrisption

Cartel market prices are also entirely optional, and not required to partake in game content.

Has anyone ever though that if they stop opening their wallets maybe BW will decided to change the prices a bit? they are only supplying what is in demand. if prices are too high don't buy anything. Simple.

That would be a great solution if we were all connected together in a hive mind, you know like the borgs in star trek. And every single player is a borg, and every borg reads your advice and in one nanosecond agrees that is the logical course of action and goes with it. Then bioware would be like oh **** whats going on, they are saying no to our high prices, I guess we need to stop being greedy little *****.

That would be a great solution if we were all connected together in a hive mind, you know like the borgs in star trek. And every single player is a borg, and every borg reads your advice and in one nanosecond agrees that is the logical course of action and goes with it. Then bioware would be like oh **** whats going on, they are saying no to our high prices, I guess we need to stop being greedy little *****.

Come back to reality pls. Don't buy expensive stuff you don't need is perfectly sound advice for both in game and real life.

Come back to reality pls. Don't buy expensive stuff you don't need is perfectly sound advice for both in game and real life.

I agree, whats that got to do with the point i was making? :cool: The idea is sound, but it won't work because people are chaotic at the best of times, most people could not organize themselves out of a wet paper bag. Not to mention only a tiny fraction of the player base will read that advice and even less take any notice of it.

Here ya go, I agree...one of the greediest cash shops in any game I play, and thats saying something....

But, theyre not gonna change it...they get the money...its that simple.We can ***** and moan, but enough people buy the stuff for them to make money...like someone else said, the ONLY WAY youre gonna get them to change pricing is if sales drop. I mean significantly drop, not a few people but a few thousand people...and it aint never gonna happen, it would be awesome...but its just not gonna happen....

I wouldn't use the term abusive as far as cartel market goes since its primarily aesthetic. Now when you lock part of the basic gaming interface behind a paywall and restrict a reward of less than 300 credits simply for not being a sub....

Don't like the pricing, gotta vote with the wallet.

They charge that much because people buy it. CC is flooded into the market due to 500 (sub credit)+100 (sec key)+thousands (referral system) given out to subs each month. 1 sub referrel is 600 CC plus an additional 100 CC each month they stay subbed. You say 800 CC is more than a months sub, but it actually amounts to 0 cost to most subs. Same with the 2800 or whatever.

If you really want it wait for someone else to put it on GTN. Money in game is super easy to make.

This.

There are always solutions, just depends on if your willing to do it.

Its not like people dont pay stupid prices for stupid stuff IRL.

$120 White Tshirt from Kayne anyone? :rolleyes:

$1000 Air Jordans?

No different, just these are virtual Kayne shirts and Air Jordans.

◆◆ Edit ◆◆

As always boys and girls, you dont -need- those fancy CM armors weapons and mounts, you -want- them...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

True, but his point about the cc stuff being way too expensive still stands.

Yeah, you think they would lower the price so more people would buy the stuff.

I mean if more people bought things at a lower price they would make way more loot then overly pricing everything.

Because people then pick and choose their hard earned CC's and the ole mighty dollar for the really good stuff, instead of? I can buy this cause the price is so low then i also can buy this really cool armor set. Oh wow i can also get this cool *** mount too. All that stuff for 2200cc is better then just one item for 2200cc......

But till then, JUST DON'T BUY A THING but off the GTM..........

I have to admit I was quite shocked at that price point myself. Is this the first armor set on the CM priced that high? I thought that Thexan's armor for 1400 was a little expensive, but I liked it and payed it. When I saw the price on this new one (I thought it was 2200 or 2400) I immediately dismissed it before even really looking at it.

This could be BioWare simply testing the market. Just like any market the cost is subject to player demand. They may be tweaking the prices to try and maximize profit, which we can't blame them for, they need to make money, but I think this may be too high of a price and will result in a loss due to the high price point. It resulted in me not even considering the set before really even looking at it due to cost. Hopefully sales on it at this price point will be poor and BioWare will see that more sales at a lower cost results in a better profit.

Are you all kidding ? 2600cc for a set that is clearly a MUCH wanted one ? this is cheap very cheap and if you want it then buy it in game for the prices asked by other players.

The prices on GTN are to the top for that kind of set (yes i know i wanted it so much that i farmed to have it on my two accounts) and sometimes up to 20 millions for the whole set (and no i did not pay that price but 11millions for each yes i did :p).

I would personally be mad to see the CM sell it for cheap when players are allowed to sell it for unreasonable prices and i am not speaking about that set only but every set. This is really tiring to see people wanting everything handed to them on a golden plate.

That should just teach some of us to be more *realistic* about their prices.

Personally i hope they will not put the price down for any of complete set. (and when i want a set, i take my characters and get the money for it, i had sometimes to wait one year to get it but each time i did it.)

Edited by Loranae

Which armor are we talking about here? I check the CM on a regular basis and don't recall there being an armor for 2600ccs.

I do agree that some of the prices are to high across the board especially for CM armors that have been in the CM since it's launch.

Which armor are we talking about here? I check the CM on a regular basis and don't recall there being an armor for 2600ccs.

I do agree that some of the prices are to high across the board especially for CM armors that have been in the CM since it's launch.

Xoxaan armor set, featured page of CM

Edited by Loranae