Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The only way to save this game is...

Gankdalf_

IMO the only way to save this game is get rid of all the instancing, make each planet 1 zone, not a series of seperate little maps. Allow people to go anywhere they like in the zones, give us freedom to explore, take away the stupid invisible barriers.

Make pvp happen on pvp servers, lets have some crossover questing. The world is a boring deserted place, nothing to do and nowhere to go except along the carefully crafted corridors that you call questing zones.

This is currently NOT an MMO and certainly not a game many people will pay a sub for. It's a great singleplayer/coop game with a nice story and some great characters but thats only half of an MMO, the other half does not exist in this game. I personally need adventure amd freedom and I make that up myself, just give me the tools, a nice open playing field to explore.

BW take heed of my words instancing mmo's die fast, this will all end like Start Trek Online unless you act NOW. If am wrong then people will stay, if am right you will lose over half your subs in the first 3 months.

Edited by Gankdalf_

IMO the only way to save this game is get rid of all the instancing, make each planet 1 zone, not a series of seperate little maps. Allow people to go anywhere they like in the zones, give us freedom to explore, take away the stupid invisible barriers.

Make pvp happen on pvp servers, lets have some crossover questing. The world is a boring deserted place, nothing to do and nowhere to go except along the carefully crafted corridors that you call questing zones.

This is currently NOT an MMO and certainly not a game many people will pay a sub for. It's a great singleplayer/coop game with a nice story and some great characters but thats only half of an MMO, the other half does not exist in this game. I personally need adventure amd freedom and I make that up myself, just give me the tools, a nice open playing field to explore.

BW take heed of my words instancing mmo's die fast, this will all end like Start Trek Online unless you act NOW. If am wrong then people will stay, if am right you will lose over half your subs in the first 3 months.

/signed, great post and agree 100%. In its current state this is a decent single player game at best

first of all most games lose a good number of their subs quickly now simple because the game isnt very WoW-like... QQ more wow losers >.> but i actually like the game the way it is. It does give some freedom to go around and make a story for yourself, its just that this game is based on more then one planet... most games are on one so it is one gaint continueing zone basically... i feel this game has more to offer then games like that... seeing as how there isnt really a limit to how many planets they can make... and who says they can't just expand on the "zone" size of the planets they do have

I play on a pvp server, and are running into the opposite faction quite a bit at the moment. It started around lvl 29 which isnt a bad lvl to start a few good donnybrooks.

As for the world I dont see an issue with it, as the game grows with patches and expansions added. I'm assuming we'll start to see those barriers open up with new area's to explore. Remember, the game needs to evolve into a growing world and you couldnt do that if it was all there already.

/signed, great post and agree 100%. In its current state this is a decent single player game at best

Hardly, as a single player game i'm dissapointed.

- To many heroic quests

- flashpoints arent soloable for the average player

- Social ranking

The class quests created a wonderfull story line but if anything Swtor has done more to try and create a social atmosphere to encourage players to group quest. I'ts not what I was after but it's still a great game.

That's true but that is also what is so frusterating. How is it possible that over a million people play this game yet the only time I ever see anyone is if I'm at the fleet?

the planet have different layers... i play on a high pop server and any given planet has 5 layers running... its to prevent people from over croading the quest areass... i mean how would you feel if there was 100 people all trying to kill the same 15 quest mobs? the option is next to your mini map... so you can switch if youd like to run into more people... up to you

That's true but that is also what is so frusterating. How is it possible that over a million people play this game yet the only time I ever see anyone is if I'm at the fleet?

Because there aren't 1 million people playing on your server and in your particular "World Map 0" instance. They've already said they will reduce sharding, if not eventually be rid of it altogether. The problem is some of you (general finger pointing) don't want to wait... just like you don't want to wait for patches to fix issues, or even wait for Bioware to find a solution before raging.

The majority of the exterior landmass available on each world is in fact a continuous "zone". The only parts that are locked off are either the edges of the current landmass or are instances specific to particular missions (.e.g class story missions).

However, i do empathise with your desire to "explore". I think there needs to be more land mass on certain planets to do just that. There doesn't necessarily need to be missions in those areas, but there could be things like:

• Points of interest that a player might want to seek out.
  • Maybe a few roaming world bosses.
  • Maybe a few holocrons.

And for gods sake Bioware, let the players swim in deep water!

Because not everyone is doing the same thing that you are doing..

Even if you do see someone what does it matter? They are more than likely going to ignore that you're even there and continue with what they are doing. What are you wanting? HAving 50 people all competing for the same quest objectives?

Why do people complain about a feature (sharding) that bw have said was introduced to aid stability and would be removed soon after launch......

Did they categorically say they'd remove sharding? Or are people just jumping to conclusions and misinterpretting what the devs actually said?

Because the "Hardcore" players level cap very fast running flashpoints and battlegrounds, quest leveling is the slowest form of leveling. Sadly for many people getting to the end is more important than the journey.

Because not everyone is doing the same thing that you are doing..

Even if you do see someone what does it matter? They are more than likely going to ignore that you're even there and continue with what they are doing. What are you wanting? HAving 50 people all competing for the same quest objectives?

I understand what you're saying about the frustrations associated with "camping" a quest objective, but you have to admit that for a game which apparently has 1 million+ players, the areas do seem quite devoid of the level of population you'd expect so early after launch.

the planet have different layers... i play on a high pop server and any given planet has 5 layers running... its to prevent people from over croading the quest areass... i mean how would you feel if there was 100 people all trying to kill the same 15 quest mobs? the option is next to your mini map... so you can switch if youd like to run into more people... up to you

my servers alderaan has 182 people on my phase...

The world is far from empty.

Because the "Hardcore" players level cap very fast running flashpoints and battlegrounds, quest leveling is the slowest form of leveling. Sadly for many people getting to the end is more important than the journey.

You cannot be seriously insinuating that the majority of the 1 million+ players are already at level cap, are you?

Actually 1.5 to 2 Bioware is suppose to make an announcement o it later in the week.

The game does not need saving people.

To me, it's a bit premature both to say that either the game needs saving, or to infer that everything is "peachy".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.