Can a developer explain their reasoning 4.0 movement changes

omeru

Why mad dash does giving 100% deffence but not rocket out not is it because juggernauts are so squishy and and mercenaries are tankiest class in game? If you will say short cd operatives have 2 in every *********** 10 sec.

Why rocket out cannot be used while rooted but all other ablities can be used as root breaker? This *********** class has most pathetic speed boost in this game it called hydrolic override and it is ****iest kiting ability since you are only 15% faster than all melee classes and they dont even need to use speed boost to burn you and yet you *********** tought it is OP and needed to be 45 sec cd since we got a backwrd jump which cannot be used while rooted and doesnt give and protection at all in cast time yet it uses a *********** gcd, to make it valid you added immunity to it but guess what your pathetic positioning system is not working so *********** stun immunity is not working either,

Why did you gave sorcs another escape ability which can be used while stunned cant you *********** see they are already in god mode and you idiots still give them another escape and heal to full ability.

Why are you making changes without a proper testing? This is a *********** mmo and your every stupid change and mistake is affecting it cant you *********** see your pvp and pve population is already droppping rapidly and do you think you can keep players with a ****** based on "choices matter" lie story content. You get used to steal idea from WOW so just check their last next expansion how they focus all game content and they will start PTS in a few weeks and it will take months them to testing content not with just 20-30 people.

Your lack of talent to see *** is going on in your own game is hurting this game and mostly pvp community. Forcing pve player to do pvp is not a solution it is not even a band aid like your might move to save pvp "LOWERING GEAR COST" you spent months for stupid aoe not interrupting capping ******** you could do some real change by that time, idea is being stupiddoesnt mean it is an innovative idea it is plain stupid move.

I am hoping one day you will do right moves and save pvp in this game but i have no light from this team so best move here is hiring real mmo developers and save the game.

One day you will realize your mistakes but by that time you will be working for another project since you are killing this game slowly, you will say could have, should have, would have but it will be too late. But dont worry it is not your fault it is EA and W 's fault for hiring inadequate developers.

Play Sorc

Not everyone likes to roll fotm classes but current situation is *********** retarded, too many sorcs and pts in this game, ant they both are face roll classes, bioware developers are making changes withot thinking or they are not smart enough to think but their act is not good for this game. And clearly they play more wow than swtor since they can steal abilities and follower system with name of allience, I am sure they know more about wow classes than swtor classes and their changes in this poatch showed they have 0 idea about this game.

Sorc was fun rothc era but with SoR and KOTFE it became boring if you have a little knowledge about pvp you can be top dps and can survive whole match without healer.

Well their ignorance and idiotic moves are gone so far in this expansion and i am just playing my last month of sub. WoW seems promising for next expansion at least they have real developer team not third class coders.

Edited by omeru

Modny and the PvP muppets at Bioware wanted to make classes more 'mobile'. Aside from increasing the slows and the stuns in 3.0, they decided to add these 'new' abilities to each class.

Each class just feels so generic and are more or less losing their identity they had at launch. Combat is poorly thought out, has zero balance, but is it any wonder just how bad things are when you see a dev try to play their own game but cant?!

i fought a merc who had spent that utility in backpedal boost and it seemed worthy taking. in general you are right, they're a lot worse that other classes like sorcs (i started play one lol)

So what should i sacrifice to get it? Thrill of the hunt? with out it i cant kite and attack and stabilized armor? thinking in the beginnig of fight we will get constatnly stunned since as a merc we are first target and unlike most classes we dont have anything to be used when stunned so that %30 damage reduction is key for me till i get white barred and that utility is not that great mara-jugg just can mad dash, predation, enrage, they have speed boosts to get closer, sin force speed or just low slash and cc me while he comes to me, pt i am still in his range, operative double roll while taking no damage from me so no need to hurry and other range classes mostly i will be in their range since snipers and lightning sorcs have 35 meters and for madness sorc no need to hurry he still hitting me hard with his dots and healing even he is out of my range and this is a good opportunity for him h2f with a few gcd :) So that utility almost useless and i have to sacrifice a lot to take it

Dont forget we get 1 almost useful thing and get nerfed badly with another ability but ather classes got 2-4 speed boosts in this patch.

Edited by omeru

Why mad dash does giving 100% deffence but not rocket out not is it because juggernauts are so squishy and and mercenaries are tankiest class in game?

Mad dash CD is 45 sec, and jugg (and marauder too) is heavy melee class, which can be easily kited. Rocket out has 20 sec CD, plus mercs have HO. To achieve the same benefit juggs must waste 2 utilities (skillful and heroic) and use 2 abilities that have another purpose (and still can be pushed). Root break on mad dash doesn't worth wasting a heroic utility imo.

Edited by DerSchneider

Mad dash CD is 45 sec, and jugg (and marauder too) is heavy melee class, which can be easily kited. Rocket out has 20 sec CD, plus mercs have HO. To achieve the same benefit juggs must waste 2 utilities (skillful and heroic) and use 2 abilities that have another purpose (and still can be pushed). Root break on mad dash doesn't worth wasting a heroic utility imo.

So 2 roll has 10 sec cd and still gives 100% chance chance to dodge and resist and also immunity so your point for it being 20 sec is totally unrelevant, and juggs are most tanky class in this game and mercs are most class squishy one, when we are talking about mercs we are talking about slowest class in this game, a class with no root ability, a class who has no crowd control utility a class with ability can be activated while stunned, a class has no ability get out of combat when things go wrong, a class which has no h2f ability. Some classes have them all some have only a few but *********** mercenaries has none of them and still ******es on biofail tought giving a backpadal bonus to a class is too OP and needed nerf HO and it would be TOO OP if they made is can be activated while rooted? So what were you saying mercs are completely fine in this *********** game in faxt they are too OP they needed to nerfed while every ****ıing class getting buff. This game's developer team is piece of **** who dont even give a **** to their game.

And yes we have hydrolic override which gives us 15% more speed when activated (melee classes have 15% speed increase in skill full tree even *********** pt has it) against melee classes yes i will ne in god mode with *********** 15% speed boost against jugg. Merc HO is most pathetic speed ability in this game it was some where being almost usefull to useless now with every class getting multiple speed buffs it moved to totally useless area. In 4.0 i dont even get torque boosters anymore since it is waste of heroic utility.

Yes merc are OP nerf them.

Well talking in pvp forum is totally useless since *********** developers are never read this forum and for players it is always a l2p issue or simply just FOTM classes to have fun from this *********** game

Edited by omeru

Not everyone likes to roll fotm classes but current situation is *********** retarded, too many sorcs and pts in this game, ant they both are face roll classes, bioware developers are making changes withot thinking or they are not smart enough to think but their act is not good for this game. And clearly they play more wow than swtor since they can steal abilities and follower system with name of allience, I am sure they know more about wow classes than swtor classes and their changes in this poatch showed they have 0 idea about this game.

Sorc was fun rothc era but with SoR and KOTFE it became boring if you have a little knowledge about pvp you can be top dps and can survive whole match without healer.

Well their ignorance and idiotic moves are gone so far in this expansion and i am just playing my last month of sub. WoW seems promising for next expansion at least they have real developer team not third class coders.

Sorc/sage isn't FOTM. it's FOTY. Some would say Flavor of the Past 2 years. :rolleyes: