Falling off the bridge during Star Forge heroics

JessieLoverRxE

Similar experience here during the Star Fortress heroics using the magnetic grapple points:

About 1/3 of the time, I land normally.

About 1/3 of the time, I land turned around 180 degrees. I make it a point to always wait a second, manually spin around, then go on.

About 1/3 of the time, the grapple pulls me across, but drops me just short and I fall to my death and have to repeat the journey to catch up to group members.

Similar experience here during the Star Fortress heroics using the magnetic grapple points:

About 1/3 of the time, the grapple pulls me across, but drops me just short and I fall to my death and have to repeat the journey.

Even with the shield active this still happens to me about 2/3. Because of this I haven't yet been able to complete the quest :(

My companion constantly commits suicide on that bridge after the first robot-boss. Also had companion falling down the sun-bridge (and he kept on fighting the mob, which had also fallen down, and I could not target either of two). Also, that marvelous run where I kept on falling through the wall during the final Exarch fight...or one where I got stuck behind the barrel....:D SF seem to have plenty of those nice little bugs, really.

This is what I was talking about. My companions also fall in the solo version, but I was reffering to heroics + 2.

And no. I wasn' t having issues with sun beams as I did use the shield. This here is my problem, and if someone has any tips or found a way to get around it i'd appriciate the help.

God, yes, I hate those magnetic anchor points.

What I do now is turn my graphics down as low as possible and zoom my perspective in to first person. Works 9/10 times for me that way, where as before I started doing that it was more like 1/10.

I also stopped grouping for em, as that seemed to only make it worse. Did Voss in a group, soloed the rest because my failure rate with those grappling points while grouped was painful and embarrassing...

For the 180-degree turn when using the grapple points in the reactor room, remember this simple tip:

When you land, take the first step by holding both mouse buttons *instead*of* pressing a key. Your character will automatically turn around to walk away from the camera and, incidentally, the edge.