Returning player and some questions.

Fyrepony

I am returning from a rather long time being away. I have been a Jugg since day one, when they could not tank and could not dps. I hate to level and since I can have a free toon I figured, 2 lightsabers, that could be fun! So got some questions, I have read a lot of things. But some real first hand experience would be great.

So Sentinnel/Marauders.

1: Flashpoints. Do they do ok? As in are they useful in traditional and tactical?

2: I know melee is far from king, but are they useful in a raid situation. I do not mean, "TRY HARD MLG OR DIE!" =p But like lets do this for fun kinda situation.

3: I know they are suposta be mirrors but is Jedi or Sith one better than the other in some kind of meaningful way?

Thanks guys have a great day.

I am returning from a rather long time being away. I have been a Jugg since day one, when they could not tank and could not dps. I hate to level and since I can have a free toon I figured, 2 lightsabers, that could be fun! So got some questions, I have read a lot of things. But some real first hand experience would be great.

So Sentinnel/Marauders.

1: Flashpoints. Do they do ok? As in are they useful in traditional and tactical?

2: I know melee is far from king, but are they useful in a raid situation. I do not mean, "TRY HARD MLG OR DIE!" =p But like lets do this for fun kinda situation.

3: I know they are suposta be mirrors but is Jedi or Sith one better than the other in some kind of meaningful way?

Thanks guys have a great day.

1. Yes, and yes. Flashpoints are not that difficult as long you have a vaguely competent group.

2. Again, for SM ops, almost every single AC class is perfectly viable. Melee are not so disadvantaged anymore due to the re-syncing of old ops. Annihilation and Carnage both do great damage in raids, and are viable even for HMs and NiMs.

3. I don't believe so.