The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Playing story as a group

Buckygoldman

I am trying to play the Fallen Empire expansion together with a friend. It seems impossible for us both to advance the chapters as a group. Am I missing the way it is supposed to be done? I'd appreciate it if anyone knew how to do it.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything.

Nope. You can not advance the Fallen Empire story as a group. Basically, it's programmed that you have to replay as many times as there are members in the group. So, in your example, you have to replay the chapters twice.

It would be nice that you didn't have to, but that's how it is.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything.

Nope. You can not advance the Fallen Empire story as a group. Basically, it's programmed that you have to replay as many times as there are members in the group. So, in your example, you have to replay the chapters twice.

It would be nice that you didn't have to, but that's how it is.

yeah :( the story is somewhat well - single character centric, so it makes sense - chapter 9 is much more coop-able

Thanks for letting me know. I'll just do the chapters 1st, and help him through when he plays.

This is something my boyfriend and I don't like but we are going to deal with but here are some tips for grouping as it is done a bit differently:

(1) You have to be group outside the instance

(2) Select your picture

(3) Look at Group

(4) Select Summon to your location (not sure of the exact words)

(5) Box pops up stating you are being summon

(6) Select yes or no

(7) Presto you are summoned

This even works on board the ships. This is a bit different than it used to be but at least it works.

Now there can be a few bugs

(1) Fights glitch if you kill them too fast lol

(2) Sometimes the second person needs to log out and back in.

(3) Have to do it twice