Companions disappearing as Stronghold Decors after KotFE?

Cox_The_Beast

Hello everybody, I apologize if a thread like this had already been made, but my search didn't bring up anything like this, and I noticed something I found pretty odd after KotFE's launch... I thought it'd be a good idea to see if others are having the same problem aswell. :o

The issue I'm addressing is the behaviour of "classic" Companions, those from the ol'lvl 1-50 storyline, as Stronghold Decorations.

After the launch of KotFE, and after finishing Chapter 9 on my main character, a Sorcerer, I decided to revamp my SH a little bit, and moved a few things around. However, my Companions, those who I got back via recruitment missions, appear to not show up properly.

As a reference, this is what I was able to gather up until now on that character, of the "classic" Companions:

- Major Pierce.

- SCORPIO.

- T7-O1.

- Qyzen Fess.

- Talos Drellik.

- Xalek.

- Yuun.

- Both ship droids, C2 and 2V.

- HK-51. Which I suppose was meant to appear after Chapter 9 was done anyway, if you had it before KotFE. :confused:

Xalek was bugged for me at first, as after I ran and completed his recruitment mission he didn't appear in my Companions list. This was fixed, eventually, and now I can summon him to fight at my side if needed.

However, none of those Companions appear properly when I place them in my SHs.

SCORPIO, T7, HK, the Ship Droids and Xalek I simply can't deploy on my main. And if I do deploy them using other characters that haven't started KotFE yet, they appear as holograms anyway.

The remaining companions I mentioned above either appear as holograms or completely naked (panties only, you know what I mean :rolleyes: ) and weaponless, depending. :p

On the bright side, the "new" Companions appear properly. Lana, Senya, Koth, Nico and Theron, not to mention all the Star Fortresses arc related Companions appear as they should on my main, and as holograms on my alts.

So... Anyone else having this somewhat weird issue? :D

Exact same problem here.

I can place the new KotFE companions fine, they appear properly, but when I try to place Pierce, he appears naked. If I exit and re-enter my SH, he's a hologram, and still naked.

Same with Talos and all the other companions I've recruited from alliance missions.

This is annoying, as Bioware got rid of armour stats applying to companions so that we could customize them however we want and show them off. I now can't show mine off in my SH because they look more like they belong in a Nar Shaddaa club.

Same with the droids, they don't feel like an authentic part of my Stronghold when they're holograms. Hell, I can't even place some characters (Scorpio and T7. Why is it that I can place the Republic ship droid who appears in only one mission, but I can't place characters that have actually played an integral part in the expansion?).

Because filling my Strongholds with personnel is expensive and/or time consuming, I use companions, which I like to customize. I now can't do either of those things.

I know this probably isn't top of your list, but as a player who has enjoyed the new content greatly, and also spends a lot of time in his strongholds, please, please fix this!

Even if its not immediate, a simple "Yes, we'll look into it" will suffice!

You wanna know how bad it really is, you don't even have to have started KotFE.

I have 10 characters that haven't even touched the terminal on their ships and each is missing at least 1 and up to 4 companions from the Decorations menu. A BH with regular crew and HK that hasn't started the new content and is missing Skadge in the decoration browser. A Sorc with just the regular crew, no extras, that only has Xalek, and Khem as decorations. A trooper with regular crew and HK that has no Vik decoration. And so on and so on like the shampoo commercial.

With the missing/disappearing comps, the screwy crew skill mission misfires and changes and the undiscussed reset of character romances, I'm beginning to wonder if the Quality Assurance department is still even a thing.

That's pretty bad.

Having them go missing before you even start the expansion must be really annoying.

Its ironic, after the devs putting so much emphasis on being able to customize our companions how we want (by taking out gear stats on companions) to make them unique, the only characters we can place in our Strongholds are the ones we can't customize.

Some assurance that it will be looked into would satisfy me.

Anybody find any news on this? Holo companions are annoying as it is ( Let us see ALL our alt's companions!!) but now we have to deal with half naked companions too??

To me this is a HUGE bug, as many people use their SH's for RP, etc. But having a bunch of holos, nudists or nudist holos kind of destroys the atmosphere that many of us worked hard to achieve. It also seems like it should be a damn simple fix... customized companion decorations were already in the game. They wouldn't be reinventing the wheel.

These are the three issues I see:

1. Newly acquired companions (the ones you can customize) don't appear with their customized gear when placed in SH. They DO however show up in the gear you give them in the Alliance base on Odessen. Go check them out if you've made it that far.

2. Some classic companions were missing from the companion terminal. Seems like this was fixed in the new patch (11/17/15).

3. GET RID OF HOLOS!!!! We all hate them! Let us be able to place and see every companion that our characters have ever unlocked! Hell, make it a Legacy thing.... or even a perk that comes with being Legendary. I wouldn't mind that at all!