Video of my thoughts on all the SWTOR rants

hitmanjaret

I love this game, and I agree with most of your points - especially regarding the fact that it has the potential to be an excellent MMO. People just need to stop acting like spoiled brats.

Exactly - I think if people would stop griping about features they want and start enjoying the features that are currently available they would enjoy their purchase. Even at minimum until they complete the story and reach max level.

Exactly - I think if people would stop griping about features they want and start enjoying the features that are currently available they would enjoy their purchase. Even at minimum until they complete the story and reach max level.

From my observations, the people that complain about features are the following...

• Trolls
  • WoW Fanboys
  • Level 50 players who leveled WAY too quickly
  • People who set their expectations way too high
  • Impatient people

How often do you guys see people complain in the actual game?? :)

From my observations, the people that complain about features are the following...

• Trolls
  • WoW Fanboys
  • Impatient people

Ya I would have to agree with you, that seems to fit the bill. I can understand why some people who expected it to be like every other successful MMO on the market are complaining but they should have done some research before spending the money. I don't believe Bioware ever officially said anything about SWTOR following in the footsteps of other successful MMOs, in fact I think they said they were trying to be very different.

I have seen one person to complain in general and I'm levels 42/17/11. So yeah, not much whining in there. Now people discuss bugs and sometimes are not fully happy with some features but the kind of rage that exists in forums is not present at all inside the game.

Personally I'm very happy with the launch and can't wait the game to mature. Will be fun ride, will be playing for a long time.

I have seen one person to complain in general and I'm levels 42/17/11. So yeah, not much whining in there. Now people discuss bugs and sometimes are not fully happy with some features but the kind of rage that exists in forums is not present at all inside the game.

Personally I'm very happy with the launch and can't wait the game to mature. Will be fun ride, will be playing for a long time.

Everybody in-game seems to be pretty confident about the game's potential. :)

• Trolls
  • WoW Fanboys
  • Impatient people

The only compliant I have seen that is valid/game breaking is the guild/party chat sometimes dies and you either get lucky and it starts working again or leave and rejoin the guild. Other then that I have never seen something game breaking.

The only compliant I have seen that is valid/game breaking is the guild/party chat sometimes dies and you either get lucky and it starts working again or leave and rejoin the guild. Other then that I have never seen something game breaking.

Interesting I have yet to experience this bug. I have however had to reset a couple quests due to bugs.. but I CAN reset them and start again which is acceptable to me rather than being completely screwed until they patch it.

I am a long time wow enthusiast and I see a TON of potential right off the bat with TOR. Allot of nerd-rage would be averted if these trolls would only consider the fact that TOR is in it's infancy. It takes time to build a great base game, and even more time to add more advanced features that add more depth. These guys have crafted a great platform that in time could be epic. Give it time.. Personally if I wanted all the fluff that WOW offers, I would just go play WOW. I remember when WOW launched.. WOW wasn't built in one day and TOR wont reach it's maximum offerings in one day either. I'm excited to see where this goes and will be here for the duration.

I love this game, and I agree with most of your points - especially regarding the fact that it has the potential to be an excellent MMO. People just need to stop acting like spoiled brats.

Well said! This isn't a single player KOTOR game, its an MMO where content WILL be added and improved as time goes on. I think people need to give the game, and Bioware, half a chance before they judge it. And stop posting doomsday threads about how much they hate the game and how they're going to quit if so-so isn't added, fixed or whatever. If its not fun, leave. But I'd like to think people have the decency to give Bioware an oppurtunity to address the issues that they know are there. So much effort has put into this game, it'd be a true shame to see WoW fanatics and over-zealous fans etc drive it into the ground before its had a chance to grow. Buuut if its not fun after a few months, leeeave. Its all about the enjoyment after all! :D Happy gaming guys! ;)

Sure this game has several quirks that need ironing out, missing a few vital features, and isn't as customizable like WoW is. These are still early days and given time things will improve. Most people have been spoilt by the ease and customization of WoW, it would be nice to have more control over the ui and what features to use personally I admit. EA already gave us more than what WoW originally started out with.

I cannot agree more with the OP. Patience is a virtue and it is seriously lacking in these forums. Jumping off the cusp of a 7-year old polished MMO like WoW will set the bar very high in their own minds and they need to realize that in time many issues will be fixed. Bioware will quietly go about their business, just like they did with the server queue fixes, and I personally feel everything will turn out alright in the end, relatively speaking of course.

I think this image sums up the group we're referring to:

http://i.imgur.com/Dqqqr.jpg

Edited by Morani