Voss H2 Cyber Mercenaries - not enough MOBs to complete bonus

Stoofa

This H2 on Voss has requirements to kill 30 of two types of mob to complete the bonus "Cyber Takeover".

Even after wiping out all mob's inside this heroic - I was missing 8x Gormak Tech Masters, so unable to complete bonus.

Edited by Stoofa

• 2 weeks later...

Paid close attention myself today and I also missed the bonus, with only 22/30. There are definitely no other mobs in this instance.

Counting the ones in the kolto tanks, there were 3 more "cyber mercenaries" than needed for the bonus.

No. the mission bugs. When you warp there you need to make sure the mission objective changes before you walk in the mission. meaning before you enter it you need to make sure it says kill 8 enemies. If it doesn't change move your character around the area of the map where it shows you the circle and the mission should change.

Once the mission changes you can go in and kill the 8 enemies.

If you kill anybody before the mission changes you can always walk out and reset it and go back in to kill the rest of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran this twice with the same results. The second time, I left the area (outside circle) and came back into the area. Nowhere outside were there any mobs to kill for the bonus. Inside the instance, there were only 22 Gormak Tech Masters (same result both times), obviously 8 short of the number required for the bonus.

I agree with previous posters, the nerf to an H2+ probably reduced the # of mobs, but not the bonus requirement. I submitted a ticket, but it was disregarded & closed since it is not a class mission.

There is a mission on Makeb which has the same issue (Landing Party I think) where there aren't enough mobs for the bonus - not so much of an issue on this one as I don't believe there is a reward for completing that.

However, 101 says that if you're got a mission in a game you make sure it can be completed.

• 9 months later...

Rather than log a separate bug, i am just confirming that i'm experiencing this issue with the cyber mercenary mission today in september 2016. Will this ever be addressed do you think?

EDIT:

After clearing the entire heroic of groups of mobs and BEFORE to start opening the Kolto Tanks to expose 6 cyber mercenaries, the total of cyber mercenaries is 22/30 on the bonus counter, so this means that even if you then go on to pop th 6 kolto tanks for the primary objective 'Destroy Kolto Tanks 0/6, this would only mean you get 28 Cybermercenaries, leaving the count for the bonus always going to be 2 short at 28/30.

Checked outside of the heroic instance before starting and there is definitely NO cyber mercenaries there.. so that's that one out.

Checked outside again just in case before going for the final boss.. and still definitely no mobs.

There is far too many of the tech masters so the quick fix i think would be reduce the cyber mercenary count either by 2, or increase the number of Kolto tanks needed for the primary objective by 2. Either those options or swap out the extra pack of techmasters and do a mixed pack instead. easy fix for someone who knows what they are doing.

Seeing a lot of things just ignored though, which is a shame.

Bug stands reported correctly by original poster.

Edited by Skauron

There is a mission on Makeb which has the same issue (Landing Party I think) where there aren't enough mobs for the bonus - not so much of an issue on this one as I don't believe there is a reward for completing that.

However, 101 says that if you're got a mission in a game you make sure it can be completed.

That same bonus got broken the first time they "thinned out" mobs when they revamped Makeb and added the GSI bolster satellite. It got fixed a few patches later, but 4.0 gutted and ruined the Makeb Weekly. Missions that triggered bonuses or changed objectives in other missions no longer appear on the weekly terminal during the same week.

It was the one interesting Weekly in the game that never had to be the same no matter how many times you ran it in a week and could be done very quickly if you picked the right missions and did their bonuses which made other mission objectives easier or made new followup missions available.

All that aside, the broken bonus topic is just another in a very (sad) long line of QA failures or just more evidence that the entire QA dept. is that one poor overworked intern.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing Heroics today for XP to level up a DvL toon, this Heroic is in my mission log so started it, and it's still impossible to finish the bonus. Here's a screenshot of what is being denied because of being unable to finish the bonus. 150k xp isn't a little bit of pocket change to someone who wants to level as quickly as possible.

Please fix this. It's a rather simple fix on BW's end, too. There are several suggestions that have been made, I even sent a bug report about this with several suggestions I feel would easily handle this, with just a little bit of coding changes.

Yeah, I would say either reduce the number needed by a few, or make it so that you can click the kolto tanks even after you've completed that objective. I think it's close enough that if you could click the excess tanks, you'd get it completed just fine.