The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield Gen. as DPS for PvP

Eleyex

It actually doesn't work. You will scarfice so much damage for 5% shielding and absorbtion. You need to have ion cyclinder active to get shielding and absorption to 20%, and if you do playing AP or pyro you sacrifice 60-70% of your damage output.

This goes to all dps specs that can tank, unless you the tank stance active you should never equip a shield because it gives extremely marginal damage mitigation.

It actually doesn't work. You will scarfice so much damage for 5% shielding and absorbtion. You need to have ion cyclinder active to get shielding and absorption to 20%, and if you do playing AP or pyro you sacrifice 60-70% of your damage output.

This goes to all dps specs that can tank, unless you the tank stance active you should never equip a shield because it gives extremely marginal damage mitigation.

assassin tank spec in dps gear is actually quite absurd. in the pve level 60 gear you get on a boosted 60, at 65 mine maintains 2.2k on the dummy.

assassin tank spec in dps gear is actually quite absurd. in the pve level 60 gear you get on a boosted 60, at 65 mine maintains 2.2k on the dummy.

I maintain 2.5k on a dummy on my vanguard in tank gear. And I have done 3k single target in thrasher HM on my Shadow tank in tank gear. Your argument is invalid.

• 2 weeks later...

First if you are tank curious put the ur taunts on key Binds that you can Spam when off CD. They do not use a CD so your damage will not suffer - pvp only.

I have used guard stance w/without shield when guarding or keeping folks from a door. This is to be done only if you use your def well and in electronic fic situations. On my jug you change stances while moving, but is harder on VG. Also in arenas you may be a focus if you pull4 dps. BUT in pvp your burst is OP, so poor and mid level players will only be gimping their team.