Implement multi-server warzone queues and make level brackets

ddayyy

We need both of these things. I currently find pvp irritating as a low level because of the current mechanics. Bolstering is fine within a 5-10 level range, but beyond that it's just woefully insufficient.

1. We need level brackets. It's not cool joining warzones as a low level, when you have to constantly compete with high level guys who have better gear, more abilities, more experience at their class etc. Bolstering does bring you closer but it's not enough, there's still a massive advantage. This is only going to get worse as the game gets older and more people are level 50 with awesome gear and lots of experience at their class.

2. If we have level brackets, it will eventually make the lower level queues unbearable unless we have multi-server queues like in WoW (since the lower level population will thin dramatically as the server gets older and more and more players are level 50). This is a necessary evil and IMO a lot better than same-server with bolstering.

3. The argument that multi-server queues are bad because they ruin the server "community" is not valid in this case, as long as people take part in world pvp. World pvp should be the pvp that builds community, warzones are for some quick brainless pvp action.

Edited by ddayyy

#3 is very wrong, Battlegrounds in WoW built the community up alot, when you saw certain names you were like, "oh shyt, this is a real game". When it is cross-realm no one even pays attention to the names, they may as well be generic. You are implying Warzones are just a mini game, it doesn't matter, I want it to be a MAJOR part of PvP.

System is fine as is, stop crying because someone who lvled quickly killed you.

I usually do pretty well when it comes to kills in warzones, that doesn't change the fact that the advantage other players have is annoying. YOU might find it fine, I certainly don't.

#3 is very wrong, Battlegrounds in WoW built the community up alot, when you saw certain names you were like, "oh shyt, this is a real game". When it is cross-realm no one even pays attention to the names, they may as well be generic. You are implying Warzones are just a mini game, it doesn't matter, I want it to be a MAJOR part of PvP.

Agree with this. Already I recognise ~40% of the names I see in WZs - Feels like a community :)

We need both of these things. I currently find pvp irritating as a low level because of the current mechanics. Bolstering is fine within a 5-10 level range, but beyond that it's just woefully insufficient.

1. We need level brackets. It's not cool joining warzones as a low level, when you have to constantly compete with high level guys who have better gear, more abilities, more experience at their class etc. Bolstering does bring you closer but it's not enough, there's still a massive advantage. This is only going to get worse as the game gets older and more people are level 50 with awesome gear and lots of experience at their class.

2. If we have level brackets, it will eventually make the lower level queues unbearable unless we have multi-server queues like in WoW (since the lower level population will thin dramatically as the server gets older and more and more players are level 50). This is a necessary evil and IMO a lot better than same-server with bolstering.

3. The argument that multi-server queues are bad because they ruin the server "community" is not valid in this case, as long as people take part in world pvp. World pvp should be the pvp that builds community, warzones are for some quick brainless pvp action.

NO No NO NO no

That's your opinion. I never found much of a community in the battlegrounds, Arena had community though. But as I said, as long as we have good world pvp that people take part in, that should be the way to make community. WoW had very poor world pvp, as long as world pvp in this game isn't a big flop a la WoW warzones shouldn't need to build community.

No to #3 as well. I find it great when I pop up in Warzones and see familiar names and know that there are people I can count on I don't want to have to get to level 50 before I get to know the people I fight with, experience the community.

Don't be too quick to just write off below 50 PvP. Some of us don't want to race to that magic number and take our time mixing it up with story line quests and / or crafting, but still want to have fun PvP.

Edit : I'm of mixed opinions regarding a separate lvl 50 bracket. Sure, it feels frustrating sometimes that the other side won because they have 3 50s going against our mostly sub 30s team. But then sometimes there's that satisfaction in actually trying to hunt down those 50s, get in their face, and imagine their frustration that some sub 30 toon is actually making them hurt. :D

Edited by TaishoD

WoW had very poor world pvp, as long as world pvp in this game isn't a big flop a la WoW warzones shouldn't need to build community.

Warzones are NOT world pvp they're simply bg's now as you can't get in unless it lets you.

There are only a tiny number of servers out of the hundreds that WOW has live with regular large scale world PVP and they've been doing it since vanilla. Don't get your hopes up for this game having the same

I am all for a level 50 bracket, just not right now. I think later when there are more 50's it will be good to do. However, I am fully against cross server anything. As it is right now, there is some sort of accountability for your actions. If you wanna try to afk the whole time, you start to ruin your name and/or guilds name on the server. Also, the "everyone sucks but me people", I hate them so much, and this way I can remember them and know who I don't want to group with in the future.

Warzones are NOT world pvp they're simply bg's now as you can't get in unless it lets you.

There are only a tiny number of servers out of the hundreds that WOW has live with regular large scale world PVP and they've been doing it since vanilla. Don't get your hopes up for this game having the same

Where did I say warzones are world pvp? I meant they aren't needed to build community if we have good World PVP which people take part in. Not that they are one and the same.

/signed

I agree with all of this.