Misconception about LFD and swtor

Barracudastr

I'm 15+ levels above 70% of my guild, and all but 2 of us are on the same planet, yet I am ahead of them in quests, I haven't done a group quest or flashpoint since early Tatooine because there is NOBODY to do it with! Try playing on Taris with only 8 people on it at any given time :/

I'm 14 levels above the next closest person in my guild and that person is 10 levels above the average level of the 30 guild members we have. I'm way beyond Taris and STILL have more than 8 people on my planets. Start making friends.

Talk about misconceptions. Maybe it's just because I'm on one of the busiest servers but usually only takes me a few minutes to find a group, nowhere near 30 minutes. One time I was on during early morning hours and had a little trouble finding people for a 4 man heroic so I ran some side quests and saw a group forming a little while later for the heroic and jumped in with them. Not really a big deal.

However, I tend to form groups myself. There are some people who never form groups and they probably desperately want a LFG tool. There are always those people you see in general chat saying "someone needs to start up a group for X already" instead of just starting it up themselves.

So I guess I don't see it as a big "need" item as far as the priority list.

The only negative I see isn't the social aspect. You can't force people to be social. There are certain people who will complain in chat for an hour that they can't find a group before they'd ever start their own group. You won't force these people to change who they are. To me, the negative is that player accountability would suffer. Someone can be a jerk and easily find groups. But honestly, I'll just drop out of any LFG group before the mission starts if one these jerks shows up in my group just like I would with a normal PUG.

We are not all against it, the only people that are against it is the vocal minority which are generally the "hardcore" or oldschool mmo players.

Not even. I have been plating since well before wow and I fail to see the reason to not have a LFG tool that works ON SERVER. cross server is just a BAD IDEA imho. unless population is dwindling rapidly.

Same server grouping tool, nothing wrong with that, just makes the process quicker and less obtrusive.

I'm 15+ levels above 70% of my guild, and all but 2 of us are on the same planet, yet I am ahead of them in quests, I haven't done a group quest or flashpoint since early Tatooine because there is NOBODY to do it with! Try playing on Taris with only 8 people on it at any given time :/

Taris is full of people. This is a ridiculous comment.

I want to group as quickly as possible. Right now, on my server I've been in 1 flash point. My hub has 23 people in it. Out of those 23 I need 3 that are going to be a tank and 2 dps that are level appropriate.

Its total lunacy to be against LFD. No one is going to sit around in a zone, and spam lfg like the EQ days. It was stupid then, and it even more stupid since we have the technology to create advanced LFD tools.

Don't be like Rift, and wait until the game is dying to implement this.

Without LFD in SWTOR, I've had no problems so far. With LFD in WoW, I've had things like healers pulling entire groups of people and then leaving group, tanks dropping instantly because they queued with a friend just to give them a quicker queue time, and other bs.

With that said, I don't support LFD, unless Bioware would hand out temp/perma bans to ppl who can't play the game in a sensible manner....

Im sorry why do you people keep linking LFD with how people play. You could have jsut as easily picked up a healer spamming /1 in swtor that does the same things.

Someone could do the same thing in swtor how it is now im not sure how you think spamming /1 and people whispering you for an invite ensures you get cream of the crop for your run i really dont.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.