Your FPS in Warzones 4.0

Slydemonx

Hey there,

As stated above what's your FPS in Warzones? Also what are your PC specs and what programs/measures do you use to boost your FPS if thats the case.

I'm just curious since half the ppl claim they can get proper FPS in warzones while the other half says they have the latest gaming PC and can't get above 20-30. I really enjoy this game but the fact that I can't get a proper answer on wether there is a fix for the FPS or not is ruining half the game experience for me. So please, post your information below and see if we can find something together.

I know there are a lot of others threads that have tips and tricks to boost your FPS but they all seem out-dated.

Thank you in advance! :)

As a rule of thumb I'd say to just turn off shadows, the game seems pretty bad at utilizing the cpu and shadows are a cpu dependent setting. Also turn off bloom, and turn grass and tree detail to 0. If you have a decent gpu maxing AA and textures won't affect your fps that much.

I have a GTX 970 but a very old amd fx-6300 3.5 ghz (although it overclocks very nicely) and I can get 40-50 fps in warzones with the aforementioned settings. If I max everything it does fine in solo play but tanks in warzones. They really needed a setting for particle/spell effects, I'm convinced that's what is causing slowdowns.

Edited by Pantheros

My 8v8 WZ FPS has always hovered around 30fps even when it came out in 2011. It doesn't really matter what settings I use, max or min, FPS still a choppy 30.

When this game came out I had ****** FPS because my PC was utter crap although my friend who then had a high end gaming PC didn't seem to have any problems in warzones. And now people with 970/80s are having trouble getting a stable FPS. What the hell happened?

low bracket ~40, mid ~30, slideshow @65 ~20

The strangest thing that I noticed is that there is a FPS drop ( actually more like a freeze) when someone leaves or enters a warzone, and thats definitely not GPU related. Sometimes i get better FPS at noon and night, then 4 hours later trying all different graphic settings to find the reason... Bioware is denying the fact that the problem is on their end. Either they send too heavy packages for the CPU to decode in time, or their servers do not respond fast enough. The shoddy engine blocks the rendering whenever the client sends and receives data from the server. Its unbelieveable but SWTOR might be the first game in history where lag affects FPS.

I get 100+ on fleet with no one in sight. If a lot of people are around it goes to about 60. In a wz during combat with multiple people I get between 25-32fps I am maxed out on graphics

On specs

5960x OCd to 4.2

32gb ddr5 ram (I think it's 5 I can't remember it was the newest I could get 6 months ago)

980 in sli

I run swtor off raid 0 comp of Intel SSDs

Also note I am in 4K resolution with a 4K monitor

Also I believe this isn't being addressed by bioware because maybe they think that's what there game should run at based on how it looks. But I can assure them it's no where near good enough to run that poorly.

i dont think settings or pc specs matter at all. this game is simply a perfect example of how an engine should NOT be coded. the fact that it gets rather worse than better with every major update is just amusing at this point. Edited by Laoi