What if all classes had tank, dps, and heals?

TitusOfTides

Every class having only 1 damage tree? And 8 healing trees, when Bioware can't balance even 3? NO. Just no. Companions are already reduced to simple skins. Don't do the same with classes

A sage can't even use a lightsaber, how would I tank? :rak_03:

Joking aside, I don't think merging different classes roles would be a good idea.

Now, allowing the different classes to use different weapons would be a good idea. Imagine using a sniper rifle on your trooper, sorcerer with double lightsaber, etc.

The only issue would be "I can't tell who's who in pvp now" but that is silly, because you can just turn on class symbols...

The recent companion changes made me curious, would this.be a good thing? I can say I'd be one of the happiest to heal on my Mara.

excessive homogenization means classes have no identity, and this bad for a multi-class mmorpg.

or maybe have no advanced classes, just each of 4 classes have all 6 specs available. Like Trooper would have just all 6 specs available to him instead of having to pick between Commando and Vanguard. And under character portrait instead of advanced class it should just specify the current specialization.

Plenty of identity and variety. Can have 3 gear sets for each char and fill any role :)

Edited by Iffyluse