The Voice Inside

Avrose

Okay so, ignore ones class for a moment but I'm sure a few of you are familiar with the character that lives in your skull. BW seems engagingly in love with this concept much to my mild annoyance.

I played IA then SI before KOTFE came out so maybe I got it worse then most.

Worse being the repeating nature of the concept.

Anyway spoiler alert:

When Valkerian takes up rental space in my head I had a mild feeling of exasperation. This is the third time now for me as a player addressing some voice inside my head.

Now don't get me wrong I think it fits especially for my SI but a few thoughts stick out.

First we have an immortal 1000 year old being who (granted views both Rep and Imp poorly) has little regard for you till coming to his doorstep. I get the concept we proven ourselves to him but he seems oddly chummy. Up till this point (especially if you are a JK) he viewed you with mild annoyance then curiosity.

Regardless Valk now seems almost at peace with current events. Yes I'm aware he has his own agenda but I expected him to be wrestling for control, taunting me when I fall, warning me if I grow weak he'll take control. Instead it seems like though he's in a compromised possision he wants to see it play out.

I'm not saying I don't see him as a threat and I know his power comes at a price but compared to the man whose consumed entire worlds Valk is toothless.

The biggest thing of note here is that if Valkorion could still mind-control people, he would have.

I think the reason he's being so "oddly chummy" as you put it, is that we actually managed to throw a wrench into his plan, almost purely by accident. Something happened in that throne room which he neither planned for nor foresaw - he ended up stuck inside our head. We can tap into his power, but he can't tap into us.

Which makes his offers of his power such an elegant, manipulative tool, but not for the reasons people seem to think. I believe that since he accidentally got stuck in our heads, he fears that if we die, he finally, fully will too. So by giving us access to his ridiculous mastery over the Force, he does two things: keeps himself alive (by keeping us alive), and gives us a taste of real power.

When he finally gets out of our head, he either can control us through that desire for more power, or if he can't get out of our head, he can slowly wear away at us until he can whisper sweet nothings into our ears and we'll do anything he suggests.

Edited by Diviciacus

I have a theory, expressed in another post, that Bioware doesn't just like having voices in your head, it likes "you being the big bad guy secretly"

You are Valkorian/The Emperor. He split himself into different beings to experience different paths of the world.

Two more peices of evidnece I put together.

Senya says to you on the gravestone when you're in front of the monolith

"I get the feeling you're not entirely yourself when matters call for it"

When SCORPIO meets you if you're not an agent she says

"Only a slight deviation from expecations"

I have a theory, expressed in another post, that Bioware doesn't just like having voices in your head, it likes "you being the big bad guy secretly"

You are Valkorian/The Emperor. He split himself into different beings to experience different paths of the world.

Omg, this is an interesting theory. But really...what if?

Hmmm but does that theory still work with a non-force user? Or a dark side Sith character?

Omg, this is an interesting theory. But really...what if?

Hmmm but does that theory still work with a non-force user? Or a dark side Sith character?

this was the full workup of my theory

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847796

1. The emperor can divide himself into multiple beings and entities. Why does he do this? The example of Valkorian seems to imply that part of it is to experience different parts of life in the universe.

1a. he tells the Jedi Knight that he could perhaps live a life as a farmer or simple man, for the experience

2. So he has set eight different persons into the universe.. All of them are the "most interesting" people he could think of. One of them he has strike him down, and he seeds that persons companions with A Child of the Emperor. Another he has strike him down to free him to go beyond the galaxy. Another he has learn an ancient ritual of binding ghosts inside a person. There is also the youngest, most powerful jedi anywhere, who can remove corruptions. And a soldier, smuggler, spy and bounty hunter, just because the Force isn't everything [Weak point]

2a: The Knight must face a child of the emperor. The consular must fight a child of the emperor. Arcann and Thexan are children of the emperor who face each other.

3. "you are the one being who merits my full attention. you leave your mark upon the galaxy. JUST AS I DO"

4. Also Vakorian shows he likes the idea of setting two people at odds with each other*: his own children for example. The conflict between the Rpublic and Empire might be one form of this conflict. At least, Vallkorian has made the situation such that his new, more enlightened Eternal Empire is now opposing a new Alliance of Sith and Republic.

*: or we could perhaps say the Force likes the idea of setting two people at odds to bring "balance" [The Force = The Plot]

5. Bioware is returning us to classic KOTOR Storytelling: Classic KOTOR storytelling: You are the Big Bad guy, actually.

6. HK-55 declares there are NOT 2 people inside your head. HK-55 HAD TO DIE unrecoverably to keep the secret from you. Half Life 55 Confirmed.

Senya meant as in you put on a different persoanlity for your work then when you're relaxing, which she explains if you ask her ''What do you mean?'' And Scorpion, I think she was simply attempting to irk you, or maybe with all the rumors about you she expected more.