Companion types: Force healers vs. Tech healers

Gallandaeus

Is anyone else noticing the lack of healing present in tech companions vs. force companions when set to heal role? Feels like maybe the low numbers on the Diagnostic Scan channel aren't keeping up with the Force healer rotation. Anyone else seeing this? This perspective is coming from the Tech companion actually having higher influence (by two levels) than the Force companion.

I think i notice this too, though I often play a healer and thus do not use one often. On the couple characters I have recently used a healer with, it seems this may be so. Too early to say for me though.

To me the notable difference is that a healer will now heal, rather than standing and just doing little attacks at the enemies most of the time.

yeah, definitely force companions are better.

Most of the times when i try solo Heroics with Qyzen,i noticed a lack of healing ( too slow ) and when im playing with senya, she's definitely can keep up with the damage.

I noticed this as well when I was using Qyzen in the Star Fortress Heroic as a DPS. He was unable to keep up with the damage I was receiving, and I think part of that may be due to slightly low numbers on Diagnostic Scan (the tech filler heal). I even went and tested this with a ranged Tech (Tharan) and noticed pretty much the same result. Anyone have a clue on where the numbers might be faulty outside of the filler heal?

I use Lana on my Mara, and M1-4X on my trooper( both comps at rank25), as far as healing I've noticed no real difference between the 2 while doing the Star Fortress H2's. BUT Lana even in heal role does a lot of damage in between healing where as M1-4X doesn't seem to do any DPS at all in heal role, he'll either heal or sit there idle.

I use Lana on my Mara, and M1-4X on my trooper( both comps at rank25), as far as healing I've noticed no real difference between the 2 while doing the Star Fortress H2's. BUT Lana even in heal role does a lot of damage in between healing where as M1-4X doesn't seem to do any DPS at all in heal role, he'll either heal or sit there idle.

The Ithorian can also get "stuck" on heal only. But, when he's not, he is on par with Lana or Ex. Mrs. V at similar ranks. I *have* noticed that the comps with an animation cycle (instead of a gesture with the start of a power) seem to be the ones with poorer heals, and get stuck not doing damage.

I was tagging it (mentally) as a "pay closer attention and copy the logs for the future" type of thought... I had not considered the possibility of tech/force healers being the issue. It might be the difference between animation types for the powers, and how that interplay works (gesture-then-power vs. animation-during-whole-power-channel type of action).

Personally, as my two KoTFE toons are force users (I haven't played one of my ten non-fps types) I hadn't tried the non-fps comps (mental framework reasons).

Which role is this character if you don't mind my asking?

Some of the Tech companions are bugged and their diagnostic scan is healing for a fraction of what they should (~1k per tick instead of ~4k).

e.g. HK-51, SKORPIO (the original Agent's Skorpio, not the one you get in Kotfe)

Edited by Sindariel

Some of the Tech companions are bugged and their diagnostic scan is healing for a fraction of what they should (~1k per tick instead of ~4k).

e.g. HK-51, SKORPIO (the original Agent's Skorpio, not the one you get in Kotfe)

I can confirm that my Tech companions are mainly channeling for about 700 HP a tick,.

Which role is this character if you don't mind my asking?

Which Character??

I'm running M1-4X(ranged/Tech) in HEAL role with a DPS Commando

I'm running Lana(mele/Force) in HEAL role with a Marauder

I hope this helps. . .

Edited by Skeptum

I think that may also be an issue, but that extra tick maybe missing from Diagnostic Scan isn't much in comparison.

The spell I am talking about is enlivening force and progressive kolto scan they are the 3 second channel spells. It ticks for over 4.5k per tick at lvl 50 influence, force users it ticks 4 times and tech it ticks 3 times. If you look at the tool tip it even tells you the deference in total heals, force users is 18215 and tech is 13661.

Are you comparing healers with similar influence levels? Because the presence bonus can make a big difference, in my experience. For example, I've had Kira healing like a beast and as soon as I got Doc, he was obviously worse. Same when comparing their DPS specs as well. With Kira out, my presence is 1834 (rank 26). With Doc out, it's 538 (rank 1). My C2 is rank 45, which makes my presence 2784.

In my case, C2 outheals everyone else (including players from what I've seen).

Are you comparing healers with similar influence levels? Because the presence bonus can make a big difference, in my experience. For example, I've had Kira healing like a beast and as soon as I got Doc, he was obviously worse. Same when comparing their DPS specs as well. With Kira out, my presence is 1834 (rank 26). With Doc out, it's 538 (rank 1). My C2 is rank 45, which makes my presence 2784.

Yes, those are the number for both at lvl 50 influence.

The spell I am talking about is enlivening force and progressive kolto scan they are the 3 second channel spells. It ticks for over 4.5k per tick at lvl 50 influence, force users it ticks 4 times and tech it ticks 3 times. If you look at the tool tip it even tells you the deference in total heals, force users is 18215 and tech is 13661.

Diagnostic Scan is ticking for 1/4th its actual value on companions.

This perspective is coming from the Tech companion actually having higher influence (by two levels) than the Force companion.

Influence level on the companion underperforming is higher. Quote from the original post. And yeah, kinda obvious presence makes a huge difference.

Also noticed this. Switched from my Senya to my SCORPIO after getting her influence way higher and she actually seemed to heal less than Senya anyway. Started looking at the tooltips and getting multiple companions all to the same ranks and definitely seems to just be that force companions are the best, at least for the healing role (does anyone use anything different right now with how strong it is?)

Additional info: first had a smaller sample size thought it might be more specific than force/tech, hypothesized maybe Talos would be my best healer since he used to be a true healer companion. Nope. Got him to rank 10, compared alongside Akk Dog and all six Star Fortress people as they were all at rank 10 and the Alderaanian Jedi and Nar Shadaa Sith heal for exactly the same amounts on tooltips while all the others heal for a different exact (but consistent) amount that is lower. Currently the force users have 13369 on the channelled heal while the others have 11208, reported straight off the tooltip and easily explaining why all the tech companions seem to be worse healers.

from my experience the difference coming from the "range" between the player's character to the companion.

most if not all force users healers are melee with lightsaber, they will follow you around and always be around 5-10 meters radius from you.

the tech healers are ranged with guns standing far away shooting their puny pistol and stay away out of heal range.

I noticed that placing them on passive and thus making them close range will fix the lesser healing numbers, then disable passive mod for mass healing burst.

I posted a Bug report about this the TLDR is that my Force using companion with Force skill set is getting Tech Power instead of Force power stat wise and this is lowering all their attacks and heals.

Would check your companions stats and make sure that they are getting the proper power for their skill set.

from my experience the difference coming from the "range" between the player's character to the companion.

most if not all force users healers are melee with lightsaber, they will follow you around and always be around 5-10 meters radius from you.

the tech healers are ranged with guns standing far away shooting their puny pistol and stay away out of heal range.

I noticed that placing them on passive and thus making them close range will fix the lesser healing numbers, then disable passive mod for mass healing burst.

THIS is exactly the problem, at least for me. I chose Koth as my designated healer, he's the one I have the highest influence with at the moment, and I can't count the times I died in the exarch fights because I was knocked back outside of the healing range of most of his abilities and he did not bother to come closer.