Concerns about Alliance

mdcheatham

So will Alliance companions not have any more story content related to them? I know we get messages like

"Xalek will remember your cruelty" if you punish him

but will they actually have new character arcs or a part in the main story at all? Or are they just killbots now?

Edited by mdcheatham

I'd say the most popular companions will have something to do with the story. By most popular, I mean Vette, Kaliyo, Scorpio, Quinn, Khem, and maybe one or two others. Everyone else is probably not going to have a part. From what it looks like though, Lana will be to SWTOR as Liara is to Mass Effect... Bioware's favorite. I think Bioware wants you to kind of forget the old companions. Edited by cool-dude

I'd say the most popular companions will have something to do with the story. By most popular, I mean Vette, Kaliyo, Scorpio, Quinn, Khem, and maybe one or two others. Everyone else is probably not going to have a part. From what it looks like though, Lana will be to SWTOR as Liara is to Mass Effect... Bioware's favorite. I think Bioware wants you to kind of forget the old companions.

I like you you ignore Rep side :p Kira, Tharan, Nadia, Doc...:p

I think the LI's (outside of Tharan...is he the only non LI to stay gone?) all come back in some sort of story.

Current main characters and our former companions will probably play some kind of a role in the upcoming events, be it large or small.

However, followers like Veeroa Denz/Hemdil Tre/Rokuss will remain silent skins, as they are completely optional.

What about characters like Xalek or Yuun? Like I said, the game says that they will remember what you do them like

Sith Inquisitor shocking Xalek

or was it just nonsense?

We may get "Alliance Alerts" from recruited companions that might give us a massive Influence boost with them in subsequent patches. Or maybe turn them from their faction (I know it's impossible to properly conceive but imagine Xalek as a Jedi) or, if they are already on your side, help them gain power (Like making Xalek a full fledged Sith Lord with his own power base).

Just daydreaming though, it may be nothing like that.

We may get "Alliance Alerts" from recruited companions that might give us a massive Influence boost with them in subsequent patches. Or maybe turn them from their faction (I know it's impossible to properly conceive but imagine Xalek as a Jedi) or, if they are already on your side, help them gain power (Like making Xalek a full fledged Sith Lord with his own power base).

Just daydreaming though, it may be nothing like that.

I'd even settle for that on the CM. I don't mind if they aren't involved in the main story, just give them a story arc beyond " Yo wassup I'm here now."

What about characters like Xalek or Yuun? Like I said, the game says that they will remember what you do them like

Sith Inquisitor shocking Xalek

or was it just nonsense?

Will the game also remember how many times Valkorion was "amused" over something I just said?

Hi, I have also a question about Alliance.

Will the reputation of the companions have an impact on the progress of the next chapters, or that concerns only their efficiency in fight and craft ? Just to know if I have to grind reputation to ALL my companions, or if I can just focus on my mains companions. And will I have to do this on all my characters ?

(Sorry for my bad english, it is not my born language. ^^')

Will the reputation of the companions have an impact on the progress of the next chapters, or that concerns only their efficiency in fight and craft ?

That's something I would like to know myself. As in, will higher influence with your companions alter conversation choices or unlock completely new ones; will their reaction to certain actions change depending on higher influence; will higher influence make a companion saveable in case they're written to die in future chapters? Etc

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo