Kryptonomic

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Well this sucks there going my knight, don't like not being able to complete a quest:mad:

I hear you. I had to start over several times before I figured out my method of not triggering it. The only good thing is, I figured out:

1. Aside from doing Taris' or any planet's Bonus Series component missions before you should be able to, the other bonus series can get bugged if you abandon/reset the series, including Taris!
  2. It can affect planet story arc missions too if you abandon/reset them. You cannot pick them up at a later time. There's no "may" about this, despite what the warning says. You cannot pick them up again...ever!

Edited by Tofu_Shark
Clarity

• 2 weeks later...
I hear you. I had to start over several times before I figured out my method of not triggering it. The only good thing is, I figured out:

1. Aside from doing Taris' before you should be able to, the other bonus series can get bugged if you abandon/reset the series, including Taris!
  2. It can affect planet story arc missions too if you abandon/reset them. You cannot pick them up at a later time. There's no "may" about this, despite what the warning says. You cannot pick them up again...ever!

So since I abandoned/reset the bonus series (because I completed one of the missions in it early and therefore couldn't complete it again when I got to it in the bonus series) I will never be able to complete it with my Smuggler on Taris, unless they fix the bug?

And this will affect my doing the bonus missions on other planets as well?

Edited by Jaqurec_Landelle

That is correct. Because you completed a component mission early, it didn't count towards the bonus series. The reset/abandon trigger applies to other bonus series as well, but I think Taris is the only planet where you can actually complete them before picking up the bonus mission. Until the devs fix this damn bug, the best thing to do is follow my instructions in my first post in this thread and heed my warnings in my last post.

If you want to complete the bonus series...I'm afraid you're going to have to start over.

That is correct. Because you completed a component mission early, it didn't count towards the bonus series. The reset/abandon trigger applies to other bonus series as well, but I think Taris is the only planet where you can actually complete them before picking up the bonus mission. Until the devs fix this damn bug, the best thing to do is follow my instructions in my first post in this thread and heed my warnings in my last post.

If you want to complete the bonus series...I'm afraid you're going to have to start over.

Thanks for the tips! I'm against starting over at this point because my Smuggler is almost at Level 40 already and I'm pretty sure I completed the Bonus Series with another toon in that legacy on that server. I hope it gets fixed (again) soon, though!

Thanks for the reminder! I may wind up starting over just because! I'm sure I can get back to Level 40 in no time by completing all the main quests and side quests like before! (If I do start over, I'll make sure and be careful when it comes to the Taris: Bonus Series!)

And, it may not help at all, but I submitted an in-game bug report about the Taris: Bonus Series. Maybe nothing will come of it, but maybe if enough people complain about it, it will finally be fixed.

No problem! No one should have to learn this the hard way.

I doubt that. It would take probably every subscriber filing reports and posting in this thread to get them to do something about it. They've been getting away with not fixing these kinds of bugs for so long, they don't think they have to do anything about them.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

Agreed, then you wouldn't have to use a guide, but this is treating the symptom, not the problem. The real solution is to make it so you can't do the bonus series until all the conditions have been met to open it up, as well as make the series and component missions resetable...for all planets' bonus series.

Remember how long they took until the ship droid got his blaster.

No, I don't. I haven't been here that long. What are you referring to, the protocol droid? The Republic one claims he's not built for combat. I thought that was strange when I noticed he comes equipped with a blaster.

The reason I said a change if icon rather than making them not available until you need them is because I felt it would be the quicker and easier fix. Yes at best I would like them to make it so you cannot pick them up until you need to but any fix is better than no fix as either would work.

I guess it is to much to expect for them to fix this bug. As a completionist this one absolutely drives me insane. After KOTFE came out and a bunch of quest got reset, I went back to do them on my main. The bonus series on both Taris and Balmorra got reset and on accident I completed a quest needed to finish the Bonus Series before I needed it on both planets. Thus leading to this problem for myself, now I have uncompleted missions on both planets that nothing can be done about. The damn things shouldn't have been reset to begin with. Came back for the new xpac, hoping something would have been done about them but no such luck. Completely destroys the game for me.

I still think bioware need to give bonus series missions their own unique icon to show players not to pick missions up if you come across them too early so you know to wait.

The reason I said a change if icon rather than making them not available until you need them is because I felt it would be the quicker and easier fix. Yes at best I would like them to make it so you cannot pick them up until you need to but any fix is better than no fix as either would work.

I think that would be an easy fix, to change the look of the icons, like how they finally changed all of the mission icons to look different for heroic mission, class/story missions, and exploration missions. Before, you didn't know a heroic mission was one until you picked it up. But yeah, maybe the bonus series quests could have a slightly different mission icon or be a different color.

:jawa_confused: Oh my god, you've got to be kidding me?! Just when I thought I heard the limits of the lack of QoL this game used to have, you show me there is no limit to EAware's stupidity into basic QoL stuff they overlooked.

I guess it is to much to expect for them to fix this bug. As a completionist this one absolutely drives me insane. After KOTFE came out and a bunch of quest got reset, I went back to do them on my main. The bonus series on both Taris and Balmorra got reset and on accident I completed a quest needed to finish the Bonus Series before I needed it on both planets. Thus leading to this problem for myself, now I have uncompleted missions on both planets that nothing can be done about. The damn things shouldn't have been reset to begin with. Came back for the new xpac, hoping something would have been done about them but no such luck. Completely destroys the game for me.

People like us are unfortunately, in the minority. They much prefer people like the below who will settle for anything (nothing also counts as anything) or apologists, or people that even downright shill for their negligence.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 2 months later...

I'm a new player who is having the same problem now on both Taris and Balmorra. I cannot complete the Taris Bonus Series given by Strom in the Taris spaceport because of having accidentally received and completed some of the component quests for the bonus series while doing the original Taris planet missions, and the NPCs who gave me the component quests I already completed will not give them back to me again. Resetting and abandoning the quests to try to re-do them does not fix the problem.

Now on Balmorra the same problem is happening to me again with the bonus series 2 of this planet. I am required to talk to Sergeant Jojames and complete his mission called "Nowhere to Run" in order to advanced the main part of the Bonus Series 2 mission, but I somehow already did that quest for him earlier before I even had even received any of the bonus missions on this planet, and he will not give the quest to me again. So now I cannot complete the bonus series here either, which is very frustrating.

Edited by Signalights

I've experienced the same problems. What you can do is START with the bonus series and complete ALL missions in these chains FIRST. Then you can complete any mission you encounter without problems. It doesn't make ANY sense story-wise but at least it lets you finish everything. I know, it's SAD.

That is an interesting workaround, but would that mess up the pickup and turn-in misisons?

Guys, use a guide next time so you know what missions to avoid. This will keep you from doing stuff out-of-continuity. Also, thanks for posting in this thread. Let's keep it at the top! Maybe then they'll fix this horrible bug.

I'm a new player who is having the same problem now on both Taris and Balmorra. I cannot complete the Taris Bonus Series given by Strom in the Taris spaceport because of having accidentally received and completed some of the component quests for the bonus series while doing the original Taris planet missions, and the NPCs who gave me the component quests I already completed will not give them back to me again. Resetting and abandoning the quests to try to re-do them does not fix the problem.

Now on Balmorra the same problem is happening to me again with the bonus series 2 of this planet. I am required to talk to Sergeant Jojames and complete his mission called "Nowhere to Run" in order to advanced the main part of the Bonus Series 2 mission, but I somehow already did that quest for him earlier before I even had even received any of the bonus missions on this planet, and he will not give the quest to me again. So now I cannot complete the bonus series here either, which is very frustrating.

I saw you posted in the thread I created. Please repost your post from that thread in this one too. You shared some information not in the post you made in this thread.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue on both Taris and Belsavis. It's incredible that Bioware has not resolved this story mission issue after several years! Please, please fix the bonus series missions so that we can progress the missions. I have submitted in-game tickets but they just get (incorrectly) closed by saying "please try to reset the mission" which does not work!

• 2 months later...