Buying a level 60 character, can I do class missions?

alleus

Yo!

I can't find a proper answer by searching the forums (I might not be the best at looking though..) so a quick question:

I didn't get a free level 60 character, so I can't try this myself, but if I buy one can I still go back and do the story missions? I don't feel like grinding and leveling as usual, it takes too long, but I love the class missions. Classic Bioware storytelling, it's very nice, and if I could do it as a level 60 character (although tuned down to the planet level) it would be a fast and streamlined experience.

If this isn't possible, and has been said in threads before, then I just want to say this: please add this feature. I don't care if it's been said before, more voices will make Bioware notice that people want this.

Thank you.

Thank you for the swift responses :-)

That's rubbish, really. Can't see the reason for this at all. They get their money, why would they care if the story missions are completed or not? Oh well, hopefully enough people raise their voices about this and Bioware might listen. Probably not though.

Yep, with the level sync this shouldn't be a problem. You pay for a level 60 character, not to get the story missions completed, what difference does it make to Bioware? If they get their money, why should they care what we do with our "boosted" characters?

I mean, it would be great to be able to do all the story missions for a class without having to do boring side quests etc, just like with the epic story XP boost thing they had. Either bring that back for all subscribers that already have a level 60 character or let the "boosted" characters do story missions.

I still had 3 character story lines (Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Agent) that I haven't done all the way through... of those 3 the Agent was the only one I hadn't even created a character yet. So I used my 60th level freebie to do the imperial agent... and now, just like you... I think I might have enjoyed the level 1 to 50 story line.

Well I still have 5 more character slots, I should just create one with this new system of game play and level him up.

The L60 character is there for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To allow players without L60 character the ability to jump in and play the new expansion straight away.

If you want to do story quests, start a new L0 character.

I thought at first the reason they were locking these chapters out was because the story choices would matter in the new expansions. As they said that the choices you made in the game would matter but sadly as of now there isn't one choice that matters from the old content or even the choices you make in the new chapters are irrelevant everything is exactly the same. I still like it for the most part as I enjoyed the story but I am sad the only choice that matter even a little is who you recruit to your alliance. Hopefully they are just setting up the ground work and choices will have an impacted in later chapters. Of course I'm not holding my breath. Anyways if they’re not going to make these choices matter, I don’t see why player shouldn’t be allowed to go back and do the class stories if they want.

The L60 character is there for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To allow players without L60 character the ability to jump in and play the new expansion straight away.

Yeah, well that's what I'm critizising. It's a wasted potential just using it for that, when it opens up a lot more options for players to experience the game to the fullest. I certainly won't play through all eight classes normally. I don't have the time for that, working during the days and only having the evenings and weekends to play. Being able to use these level 60 characters to see the rest of the game in a quick manner would be a great selling point for the service.

Right now I see no reason to buy it. Not even someone without a level 60 character would want to buy it, since you can't experience anything that happens prior to Knights. The one reason it exists condradicts iself.

I mean, it would be great to be able to do all the story missions for a class without having to do boring side quests etc, just like with the epic story XP boost thing they had. Either bring that back for all subscribers that already have a level 60 character or let the "boosted" characters do story missions.

You don't have to do all the boring side quests anymore. You can still basically just do the the class quests now and still be at a decent enough level. The only difference now is that they also suggest that the player do the World Story Arcs for each planet which is only a few missions, but you'll easily be overleveled if you do both the Class and Planetary arcs.

Basically what they did was split the 12x XP Epic Boost between Class and Planetary missions. So instead of Class giving 12x, it gives 6x now while the Planetary Arc (the other purple missions) give the other 6x XP. You don't have to do any of the yellow highlighted one off missions anymore.

You don't have to do all the boring side quests anymore. You can still basically just do the the class quests now and still be at a decent enough level. The only difference now is that they also suggest that the player do the World Story Arcs for each planet which is only a few missions, but you'll easily be overleveled if you do both the Class and Planetary arcs.

Basically what they did was split the 12x XP Epic Boost between Class and Planetary missions. So instead of Class giving 12x, it gives 6x now while the Planetary Arc (the other purple missions) give the other 6x XP. You don't have to do any of the yellow highlighted one off missions anymore.

Hmm, I see. What do you think about doing that, but with the improved class mission XP legacy upgrades? Maybe the class missions will be all that's needed at that point?

This, and end-game content.