The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Join the cm boycott

rickzenz

Wallet is closed and I would hope more player would close their wallets as well it will be the only way they will fix what they have done. If we hit them in their wallets maybe their stop trying to screw us over

They are an EA subsidiary nowadays, and they did win [Worst company in America] twice

'nuff said

Wallet is closed and I would hope more player would close their wallets as well it will be the only way they will fix what they have done. If we hit them in their wallets maybe their stop trying to screw us over

Fix what exactly? Need more context here.

Also, I'm enjoying the game, and its features, and it fills my time nicely. I will not be closing my wallet, they've earned my sub fee.

Fix what exactly? Need more context here.

Yeah, OP (original post) is calling for a boycott without outlining why the boycott exists and without a list of grievances.

If we hit them in their wallets maybe they'll stop trying to screw us over
Need to expand on that, how and what are they screwing us over with? The new bronze, silver, gold packs and item category packs? Making Akk dog a super rare drop in Underworld packs? Edited by Falensawino

Alright for those of you who need it spelled out for you, before the update when you spend 5000 + credits to get the 24 packs of assorted goodies. You would receive at least 5 items granted most of it was junk but you got good stuff as well I look forward to the vendor Rep boost and cartel market certificates plus the armor, companion gifts, and mounts and yes and I said there would be some junk thrown in there too. But now let's look at this again and what they've done now you spend 5000 + credits on 30 packs you get 1 box of 3 piece armor (same as before) set Plus one companion gift or one of something else. So you spending the same amount of credits to get the same number of packs with less merchandise in it. Seems like a pretty big rip off to me. For the people who need small words, that's like going to the store spending $1 on 5 apples the next day going back to the same store they put out 2 apples for the same price as the 5 apples and polish them up a little bit. If that is what you believe is a good trade off go ahead and keep spending your money in the cartel market you deserve to give them your money. Edited by rickzenz

Alright for those of you who need it spelled out for you, before the update when you spend 5000 + credits to get the 30 packs of assorted goodies. You would receive at least 5 items granted most of it was junk but you got good stuff as well I look forward to the vendor Rep boost and cartel market certificates plus the armor, companion gifts, and mounts and yes and I said there would be some junk thrown in there too. But now let's look at this again and what they've done now you spend 5000 + credits on 30 packs you get 1 box of 3 piece armor (same as before) set Plus one companion gift or one of something else. So you spending the same amount of credits to get the same number of packs with less merchandise in it. Seems like a pretty big rip off to me. For the people who need small words, that's like going to the store spending $1 on 5 apples the next day going back to the same store they put out 2 apples for the same price as the 5 apples and polish them up a little bit. If that is what you believe is a good trade off go ahead and keep spending your money in the cartel market you deserve to give them your money.

Hmm, alright, let me see if I can explain this to you plainly. Before 4.0, you got 24 packs in a Hypercrate. In the new Hypercrates, you get 30. So they increased the number of packs, as a result of decreasing the number of items in the packs. They increased the potential value of the item draws from these particular packs, giving players a greater chance to get something they want, or if they don't, keep the items value inflated a bit, so that they can sell the stuff they don't want on the GTN. They eliminated the need for excessive amounts of uncommon items that sell for very little, as they did little to engage the players in their acquisition.

With the new expansion, the market itself needed to change along with it. Smaller pack sizes make it easier for the player base as a whole to have access to it, regardless if you're a subscriber, F2P or Preferred. This (theoretically) brings the prices of packs on the GTN down to more affordable levels to players that do not wish to spend CC's directly.

Pack reputation really is only for fluff, and isn't needed (in my opinion).

So I don't really know what it is you're trying to prove, but you really should look into things and do some research before you spout off the crap you just did.

To answer you question I didn't say anything about your sub fee. My bicth is about the CM and the nickel and diming they're trying to pull in the cartel market now. And people can bring up The bronze, silver, and gold all they want that is my point to the nickel and diming you, all in all you're now spending twice as much money and getting less of a return

Individual pack prices are lower, and they now have an option to buy smaller-sized supercrates. Prices are exactly in line with what's contained therein, and what items are available from the draw pool. So I'm not sure where you get this "nickel and diming" BS from.

Let's not forget that any of these cartel packs are PURELY OPTIONAL to buy. And if you only want a specific item, then it's likely available from the GTN, where you don't have to spend a single red penny if you don't want to. So....wanna try again?

wow spoken like it true puppet of Bioware.... keep drinking thier cool aid the comet should be here soon

Well, I happened to back up my statements with information directly from the game. No puppeteering from BioWare needed. Just had to actually look at the game and all the information was laid out right before your eyes. Research is hard. *slowclap*

oh wow ... you did research by reading just what they want you to and not even looking at it with an ounce of common sense like I said keep drinking the Kool Aid

Bahahaha, the fact you bring up common sense is utterly hilarious. The information is right there. In the game. In plain text. Might wanna loose the chin strap on your tinfoil hat, kid. It's cutting off circulation.

Yeeeeeaaaah....

...suddenly I want to spend more money now.

I just went and purchased a hypercrate just on principle.

Here's the bottom line, do what you want to do in the game. If you want to spend money, because you feel it would enhance your enjoyment of the game, then go ahead and do it. Spouting all of this nonsense of "I'm gonna boycott because I think it's a ripoff!" is just nonsensical. The CM has been up for how long, and people are putting money into it. People see the value in it.

Bahahaha, the fact you bring up common sense is utterly hilarious. The information is right there. In the game. In plain text. Might wanna loose the chin strap on your tinfoil hat, kid. It's cutting off circulation.

I find it funny that you would laugh and me bringing up common sense that's normally what somebody with no common sense would do. I understand what you were see in game in plain text if I actually had the time and patience to make a flowchart explaining all this to you I would but, but try looking at it without your goggles being on and cut your puppet strings for like 5 minutes and try to look at it when you're not drinking there Kool Aid. And maybe you'll see what they're doing in the cartel market is nothing more the nickel and diming their customers.

But I understand someone is short sighted you will be unable to do this so keep on trolling the forums you seem to be a professional at it.

I just went and purchased a hypercrate just on principle.

Here's the bottom line, do what you want to do in the game. If you want to spend money, because you feel it would enhance your enjoyment of the game, then go ahead and do it. Spouting all of this nonsense of "I'm gonna boycott because I think it's a ripoff!" is just nonsensical. The CM has been up for how long, and people are putting money into it. People see the value in it.

I'm all for voting with my wallet, but when you go around accuse someone to be a collaborator simply because they disagree?....that's going a little too far.

It's good to know if your leadership is paranoid, because that's always a good means to identify how many sane decisions might be made later on.

I find it funny that you would laugh and me bringing up common sense that's normally what somebody with no common sense would do. I understand what you were see in game in plain text if I actually had the time and patience to make a flowchart explaining all this to you I would but, but try looking at it without your goggles being on and cut your puppet strings for like 5 minutes and try to look at it when you're not drinking there Kool Aid. And maybe you'll see what they're doing in the cartel market is nothing more the nickel and diming their customers.

But I understand someone is short sighted you will be unable to do this so keep on trolling the forums you seem to be a professional at it.

The only one who seems to be blinded by their own fallacies, is you. You're the only one spouting off this "nickel and dime" BS. in fact, I don't even think you know what "nickel and diming" actually is. Because everything on the market is purely optional. There's no upkeep involved, save for your subscription fee, and that alone provides you with a rather large amount of benefits compared to not having one. Nickel and Diming would imply upkeep, to which the CM is nothing of the sort. It would also imply hidden (keyword, HIDDEN) expenses that gradually add up over time. The CM is not exactly an expense in this form of the word, again, it's optional.

/thread

I'm all for voting with my wallet, but when you go around accuse someone to be a collaborator simply because they disagree?....that's going a little too far.

It's good to know if your leadership is paranoid, because that's always a good means to identify how many sane decisions might be made later on.

The part that really put him in the wrong, is misrepresentation of facts. Particularly in two spots, where "nickel and diming" is concerned (see previous post for definition). And stating that before 4.0 there were 30 packs in hypercrates when they most definitely did not have 30 packs in them.

When I find funny is you claim you're not puppet Bioware but every post you have is defending or Bioware's done on this last update and trying to argue with anyone who disagrees with them. That's not only on this page but other peoples pages as well I've notice that's all you do is argue on behalf of Bioware. But you're not a puppet of Bioware or drinking the Kool Aid

When I find funny is you claim you're not puppet Bioware but every post you have is defending or Bioware's done on this last update and trying to argue with anyone who disagrees with them. That's not only on this page but other peoples pages as well I've notice that's all you do is argue on behalf of Bioware. But you're not a puppet of Bioware or drinking the Kool Aid

Then you're only cherry picking certain conversations I've been in. There's a difference between "Defending BioWare" (which, you can try and fling at me all you want, I don't mind doing it, to be honest, being a long time supporter of their games), and pointing out where people are trying to represent opinion as fact (or in your case, completely wrong information).

But go ahead and keep the mud-slinging, it's doing WONDERS for your cause so far.

Boy, all of this talk makes me want to buy something from the CM as is my option to do so, as I feel that it would benefit me.

soooo we either agree with you...or are bioware puppets, got it. you are the only one that has been attacking others with personal insults and name calling.

Yeah, this is heading into report-worthy territory.

Seriously, stop with the Ad Hominem attacks. It doesn't benefit your argument in the slightest.

So report it or just stop reading No one is making you read the post...

Already did, but it'd ultimately be unfair if I didn't forewarn you of your violation of the forum rules before bringing moderator attention to said violations. Everybody deserves a chance to change, even if they've been openly abusive towards others.

Edited by Mourkoth

Already did, but it'd ultimately be unfair if I didn't forewarn you of your violation of the forum rules before bringing moderator attention to said violations. Everybody deserves a chance to change, even if they've been openly abusive towards others.

Well I guess you didn't really now did you? And the way I see it you are the one's who are the instigators, I didn't make You stop at my post YOU stop here I also didn't make your fingers type on the keyboard YOU did. You can say what you want but it true. I wasn't looking for supporters of the CM thats not what the post is about. So next time you see a post you don't agree with just keep moving.

Or...

... you could provide useful feedback in the threads that ask for feedback in a mature fashion? I can't possibly imagine why we rarely see developer posts on these forums.

Try having a sensible conversation, it doesn't hurt you know.