KotFE feels like Mass Effect

Reeny

With a little bit of Dragon Age kicked in for good measure. That Alliance may as well be the Inquisition.

And KOTFE itself (so far) checks off quite a few entries on the BioWare Cliche Chart.

I felt more in common with the rebel alliance. Down to Odessen almost resembling Yavin from the movies.

All of Bioware's RPGs use an easily recognizable formula. Just seeing "Become the outlander" would let anyone familiar with their games know that the phrase is interchangeable with warden, specter, champion, and inquisitor.

I have to agree. It does feel kind like Mass Effect 2, where you are for the most part forced to abandon your companions.

Not saying it's bad. The story and gameplay is definitely good... but I just want my original team back...

• 1 year later...
I'm playing it right now, cause I recently subbed. I'm at Chapter IV now, and so far I loved it! I don't know why so many people hate it... It feels like mix between KotOR 1 and 2, which are one of my favourite Star Wars games ever! Maybe that's the reason, why I loved it so far :)

I'm playing it right now, cause I recently subbed. I'm at Chapter IV now, and so far I loved it! I don't know why so many people hate it... It feels like mix between KotOR 1 and 2, which are one of my favourite Star Wars games ever! Maybe that's the reason, why I loved it so far :)

Ah, sweet sith necromancy.

In all seriousness, the Mass Effect similarities continued very clearly in KotET with Iokath. Clearly the thing people loved most about Mass Effect was the climax of ME3, where a synthetic intelligence took the form of a holographic human to preach at us. So Bioware decided to give that another go. ;) Edited by Estelindis

What about it reminds you of KotOR 1 or 2? What about them, at all, resemble the actual theme and underlying messages in those games? Especially KotOR 2. I don't see any resemblance there.