Shadow of revan is boring.

kifa

I left SWTOR after finishing rise of the hutt cartel. With the arrival of Knights of the Fallen empire, I decided to return and give it a go.

I must say that Shadow of Revan is the worst part of the game I've seen so far. I hated Rise of the Hutt Cartel because it abandoned class story and companion interaction with one, generic storyline for all classes with boring questlines to boot. Shadow of revan did the same, only worse.

I can see that they were trying to mix things up by going for some sort of pirate theme, I guess. But the revan storyline is so uninteresting. Only thing that made me liven up was the class-specific storyline.

For me, there are two major problems with Shadow of revan: Lana and Theron. I don't understand why these characters are in the game. They have zero personality and their line delivery is so flat and uninteresting. Especially Troy Baker, who returns yet again with his trademark as generic, bland voiceover-guy. As usual, he delivers the best Troy Baker-impersonation of his entire career. I've got serious Troy Baker fatigue, and I'm still struggling to comprehend why this guy's voice has to ooze it's way into everything.

I'm doing my best to trudge through this bland storyline without falling asleep over my keyboard, hoping that things will maybe lighten up when I reach Knights of the Fallen Empire. The expansions I've seen in swtor so far have been VERY underwhelming.

Edited by kifa

Hmmm...I thought the kill these animals to test you, when going up against the Torch, was boring, but the rest I didn't find boring myself.

I didn't think Lana or Theron were bland either, but I also wasn't expecting Oscar nominated performances from the voice actors either.

To their defence I'll just say that Lana becomes much more interesting with time and Theron...well, he stays the same - you either like him or not. I get it why he might seem bland but the books I read with him make me look tad differently at his whole character - that might be it :)

I left SWTOR after finishing rise of the hutt cartel. With the arrival of Knights of the Fallen empire, I decided to return and give it a go.

I must say that Shadow of Revan is the worst part of the game I've seen so far. I hated Rise of the Hutt Cartel because it abandoned class story and companion interaction with one, generic storyline for all classes with boring questlines to boot. Shadow of revan did the same, only worse.

I can see that they were trying to mix things up by going for some sort of pirate theme, I guess. But the revan storyline is so uninteresting. Only thing that made me liven up was the class-specific storyline.

For me, there are two major problems with Shadow of revan: Lana and Theron. I don't understand why these characters are in the game. They have zero personality and their line delivery is so flat and uninteresting. Especially Troy Baker, who returns yet again with his trademark as generic, bland voiceover-guy. As usual, he delivers the best Troy Baker-impersonation of his entire career. I've got serious Troy Baker fatigue, and I'm still struggling to comprehend why this guy's voice has to ooze it's way into everything.

I'm doing my best to trudge through this bland storyline without falling asleep over my keyboard, hoping that things will maybe lighten up when I reach Knights of the Fallen Empire. The expansions I've seen in swtor so far have been VERY underwhelming.

Rishi, once you get there it is so worthwhile. Yah, I disliked the underwater stuff, and the starter planet invasions, but once you start getting pirate gear, it's all worthwhile.

To their defence I'll just say that Lana becomes much more interesting with time and Theron...well, he stays the same - you either like him or not. I get it why he might seem bland but the books I read with him make me look tad differently at his whole character - that might be it :)

I was thinking that as well. How Lana seemed to get more interesting and Theron was lacking. However, I haven't read the books, so maybe that's the reason.