How to get "A Kindly Old Monster (Dr.Lokin)" mission?

HenryVaro

Like the title said, and according to Dulfy.net i just need four companions from alert system to get this mission but nothing happen though i already have M1-4X, Nico, Yunn, Talos and Xalex (i have him correctly as intend, don't have any issue like other posts mention before). Have i miss something?

I'm pretty sure Dulfy is wrong about this one. I wasn't able to recruit Lokin until after I acquired Qyzen...so basically all of the Alert system companions (non-star fortress) are needed to be complete before his appears.

You HAVE to do the Qyzen Fess quest to get Lokin's alert. Getting 4-X/Pierce doesn't count. And neither does Nico. Unfortunately.

ok thank, have read somewhere Nico don't count but 4X don't count too - this new, so another day on Hoth :(

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem it never showed up. So i reset it.

Did it help? I just reseted the quest and hope it will...it's not a perpect solution because you have to do everything all over again (thankfully Lokin remembers all the gifts you give him, lol!).

EDIT:

Nope, didn't work. I won't go to the tunnels for the 3rd time, so bye bye Lokin, was nice to have a fait hope you'll be my companion.

Edited by Asheris

I have the quest "A Kindly Old Monster" and I have gotten the probes to put into the tunnels. However, where are the tunnels? What planet(s) are they on? I was told in game Alderaan but I don't see any tunnels or anything on my map to indicate where this is, so I might have gotten trolled. Does anyone know where to go to deploy the probes?

Thanks.

I have the quest "A Kindly Old Monster" and I have gotten the probes to put into the tunnels. However, where are the tunnels? What planet(s) are they on? I was told in game Alderaan but I don't see any tunnels or anything on my map to indicate where this is, so I might have gotten trolled. Does anyone know where to go to deploy the probes?

Thanks.

Start the rakghoul event on the fleet and you'll get there :)

For the sample from the sarlacc pit: After you place the beacon and it does its thing, the quest will update to "find the canister" or something like that. If the canister does not appear right where you placed the beacon it is bugged. To work around this DO NOT RESET THE QUEST. Simply log off and log back on and the canister will be there when you log back on.

You need the biochem skill to loot the mats. There are nodes all over Yavin 4 and some of the other higher level planets and some dead mob bodies farm into the mats. Hovering over them will say crafting skill 500 (possibly 550) The GTN, jawa junk or someone you know (a really magnanimous someone might give you the mats) are the alternatives. Edited by iacon