Can we get a Stealth bar

killjoyHero

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What clutter?

What abilities can you only use in stealth as a sin?

Spike and mind control

And..?

Recklessness, Overcharge saber, phase walk, phantom stride, all can be used without breaking stealth, however, there is really no point in having a stealth bar because there aren't any attacks we do that don't bring us out of stealth so it would be rendered pointless very quickly. Just use the extended quick bars in your ui editor and move them around to where you'd like them.

Edited by Iona_Var

Recklessness, Overcharge saber, phase walk, phantom stride, all can be used without breaking stealth, however, there is really no point in having a stealth bar because there aren't any attacks we do that don't bring us out of stealth so it would be rendered pointless very quickly. Just use the extended quick bars in your ui editor and move them around to where you'd like them.

Those are also all abilities that you will be using outside of stealth, so u have to have them on your main bar(s) anyway.. no point in a stealth bar.

Spike is stealth only unless you are darkness spec.

Black out will only be used in stealth by madness.

So mind control is the only ability that you always use in stealth...

A stealth bar would be nice so that the same binds used for rotational abilities could activate stealth abilities rather than finding another space and different binds.

That or remove stealth abilities and just give some normal abilities additional effects from stealth, like a 2 second stun.

Edited by Troelsen

What clutter?

What abilities can you only use in stealth as a sin?

Spike and mind control

And..?

I have 38 key binds on my shadow... getting 2 keysbinds back would be a god send.

I guess it's just something I'm used to since I played Rogue/Feral druid in WoW and the addons could hotswap bars for me in stealth/different forms.

Edited by Kaeozz

I have 38 key binds on my shadow... getting 2 keysbinds back would be a god send.

I guess it's just something I'm used to since I played Rogue/Feral druid in WoW and the addons could hotswap bars for me in stealth/different forms.

This. Freeing up just a few key binds would be really nice. This game could benefit from a small ability pruning.

So if you had a stealth bar you would not keybind those 2 abilities?

Why not just unkeybind them on your regular hotbars then? same thing.

When Shadassins get a stealth bar Scouperatives will get one too, yes? The cover bar is the bar that is used when you kneel down in plain sight, a move that meanwhile is completely useless for Operatives, and mostly unnecessary for Snipers.

Deception and Concealment can use Blackout/Sneak out of stealth, so it would be really just Mind Trap / Sleep Dart on the stealth bar of the main stealth specs.

Edited by Mubrak

So if you had a stealth bar you would not keybind those 2 abilities?

Why not just unkeybind them on your regular hotbars then? same thing.

No then they would get rebound to a hotkey that is easier to click/spam like 3 or 4 for sap spam and I wouldn't need to see those skills outside of stealth.

You can use control, shift and alt modifiers for more keybinds. You can also use your mouse scrollwheel and use f1 through f4 keys for longer cooldowns.

I have 48 keybinds. And I can do with plenty more. I'm sooner limited by the amount of actionbar slots than keybinds.

You can use control, shift and alt modifiers for more keybinds. You can also use your mouse scrollwheel and use f1 through f4 keys for longer cooldowns.

I have 48 keybinds. And I can do with plenty more. I'm sooner limited by the amount of actionbar slots than keybinds.

Of course you can, but there comes a point of diminishing returns where the next set of keybinds you produce is too awkward to click.

That sounds like some serious macro mismanagement.

Nah, for PvP you just want options. Multiple keybinds per ability for different targets and situations. You can't put everything on modifiers. And back in Cata/MoP we had like 55 abilities alone. Now its less though.

Besides, it worked for me. Which is all that really matters :p

Edited by Evolixe

Nah, for PvP you just want options. Multiple keybinds per ability for different targets and situations. You can't put everything on modifiers. And back in Cata/MoP we had like 55 abilities alone. Now its less though.

Besides, it worked for me. Which is all that really matters :p

That's why you have modifier macros. So you can reduce the clutter on your screen and your bars.

Every gladiator I knew could live with far less than 50 binds.

Sure I'm glad it worked for you but it's really not efficient from a physical and mental perspective.

That's why you have modifier macros. So you can reduce the clutter on your screen and your bars.

Every gladiator I knew could live with far less than 50 binds.

Sure I'm glad it worked for you but it's really not efficient from a physical and mental perspective.

Nobody above 2.5k rating would have less than 50 binds.. Not at that time anyway. Maybe now.

And i already said modifier macros. They don't cover all of what I wanted.

And I make macros like this:

#showtooltip

/castsequence [mod:alt, @focus, stance:0/2] reset=2 Shadowstep, Kick

/castsequence [mod:alt, @focus, stance:1/3] reset=2 Shadowstep, Sap

/castsequence [stance:1/3] reset=2 Shadowstep, Sap

/castsequence [stance:0/2] reset=2 Shadowstep, Kick

To do 2 different things, on 2 different targets based on specific conditions and a modifier.

50 isn't enough to play effectively. And if you don't bind absolutely everything in your spellbook you are obviously doing it wrong in this game.

Nobody above 2.5k rating would have less than 50 binds.. Not at that time anyway. Maybe now.

And i already said modifier macros. They don't cover all of what I wanted.

And I make macros like this:

#showtooltip

/castsequence [mod:alt, @focus, stance:0/2] reset=2 Shadowstep, Kick

/castsequence [mod:alt, @focus, stance:1/3] reset=2 Shadowstep, Sap

/castsequence [stance:1/3] reset=2 Shadowstep, Sap

/castsequence [stance:0/2] reset=2 Shadowstep, Kick

To do 2 different things, on 2 different targets based on specific conditions and a modifier.

50 isn't enough to play effectively. And if you don't bind absolutely everything in your spellbook you are obviously doing it wrong in this game.

50 isn't enough to play efficiently?

Arguably the best rogue during Wrath/Cata. Plays with 52 keybinds.

My experience certainly does not extend to MoP, but if you're playing with 85 binds, you're being inefficient and not making use of polymorphism or poorly managing macros (ie. you have too many redundant macros for which you should probably just memorize a keysequence).

Edited by Kaeozz

50 isn't enough to play efficiently?

Arguably the best rogue during Wrath/Cata. Plays with 52 keybinds.

My experience certainly does not extend to MoP, but if you're playing with 85 binds, you're being inefficient and not making use of polymorphism or poorly managing macros (ie. you have too many redundant macros for which you should probably just memorize a keysequence).

That's the great thing about wow, you don't have to show everything. 52 keybinds that you can see, doesn't mean he's actually playing with 52 binds. And 52 is still more than 50.

I was separately binding stuff I could probably macro into other things because I like to keep options open. Keep full control. The fact that I have so many binds doesn't hold me back in the slighest. As long as you can keep them all in muscle memory, and none of them are hard to reach, there isn't possibly any sort of downtime.

You can keep argueing all day, there is literally no reason not to use as many keybinds as you can muster.

If you end up clicking anything in combat, anything at all, you are doing it wrong. And if you have 38 binds, you clearly havn't bound everything.

That's the great thing about wow, you don't have to show everything. 52 keybinds that you can see, doesn't mean he's actually playing with 52 binds. And 52 is still more than 50.

I was separately binding stuff I could probably macro into other things because I like to keep options open. Keep full control. The fact that I have so many binds doesn't hold me back in the slighest. As long as you can keep them all in muscle memory, and none of them are hard to reach, there isn't possibly any sort of downtime.

You can keep argueing all day, there is literally no reason not to use as many keybinds as you can muster.

If you end up clicking anything in combat, anything at all, you are doing it wrong. And if you have 38 binds, you clearly havn't bound everything.

Actually he only uses those binds. The fact that he intentionally leaves certain bar spaces empty is a testament to that. But okay let's be super picky with that round about estimate I picked instead of realizing how excessive 80+ binds is ;)

The fact that you think it doesn't affect how you play is hilarious. But I'll give you a pass and say you're super human. You can have 85 binds that are easy to reach, but awkward. Some binds are inevitably less efficient than others. There comes a point where the marginal improvement in winning from getting more options is outweighed by the mental strain of memorizing more binds and having your UI cluttered. But I'll let you keep pretending that you can somehow reach ctrl + j as easily as alt + q.

And you can keep arguing all day. But there comes a point where extra binds are excessive. And no where did I ever say to not bind everything you can possibly use. But to give an analogy, if this were vanilla WoW, I'm not binding rank 2,3,4,5,6 rejuv on my bar as a resto druid.

PS. At 38 binds, I have bound everything. So try again.

Actually he only uses those binds. The fact that he intentionally leaves certain bar spaces empty is a testament to that. But okay let's be super picky with that round about estimate I picked instead of realizing how excessive 80+ binds is ;)

The fact that you think it doesn't affect how you play is hilarious. But I'll give you a pass and say you're super human. You can have 85 binds that are easy to reach, but awkward. Some binds are inevitably less efficient than others. There comes a point where the marginal improvement in winning from getting more options is outweighed by the mental strain of memorizing more binds and having your UI cluttered. But I'll let you keep pretending that you can somehow reach ctrl + j as easily as alt + q.

And you can keep arguing all day. But there comes a point where extra binds are excessive. And no where did I ever say to not bind everything you can possibly use. But to give an analogy, if this were vanilla WoW, I'm not binding rank 2,3,4,5,6 rejuv on my bar as a resto druid.

PS. At 38 binds, I have bound everything. So try again.

I don't need control j.

I can just go alt/shift everything on the left side of the keyboard, plus scrollwheel. That alone is easily 50 binds. Then you can go one step further and rebind a modifier key to another key. And you'll get to 80 without ever reaching for the YHB and beyond part of your keyboard.

ps. I don't use S for movement.

Edited by Evolixe