Please Bioware! Don't listen to the loud minority!

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

a youtube game critic by the name of totalbiscuit once said that, in his opinion, a game need to have a "state of failure". In other words, for a game to actually be a game, it needs to give a chance to player to fail (and try again obviously)

i would sort of agree, though probably incomplete. Without the opportunity to fail, game is loosing much of it's appeal. Iff you are attack by an enemy, if the companion take over and kills it withtout you doing anything, there were never a chance to fail.

Like one said, we need low to have high, otherwise, it's just a monotone flat line.

Well said. You cant have Ups if you don't have downs.

bah, this comparison between the slot machines and comps is really annoying me. They are NOTHING alike.

The slot machines were throwing the entire economy out of wack. OP comps (yes, they are OP) do not. If there is any change coming, it won't be for some time, as there is no urgency (unless subs start dropping like flies).

For now, just disable some comp abilities. Set them as a DPS and only give them some basic attacks, they won't likely generate enough threat to pull too many enemies off you and you can have your challege back. Tune the difficulty by playing with roles and which abilities are active.

bah, this comparison between the slot machines and comps is really annoying me. They are NOTHING alike.

The slot machines were throwing the entire economy out of wack. OP comps (yes, they are OP) do not. If there is any change coming, it won't be for some time, as there is no urgency (unless subs start dropping like flies).

For now, just disable some comp abilities. Set them as a DPS and only give them some basic attacks, they won't likely generate enough threat to pull too many enemies off you and you can have your challege back. Tune the difficulty by playing with roles and which abilities are active.

Thats fine and all but when we go through cut scenes in the story the always enable back. Turning it back to the same thing. This is usally right before a boss fight and gets really annoying

People asking for a nerf are a loud noisty minority. If they even get their way even slighty. I'm going to make a new thread everyday and complain about changing it back. I mean seriously they act like over privileged kids. I would be too generous in calling them "fans" they act more like entitled children who are a slight embarrassment on this community in the fact they won't shut up up. Instead of appreciate what we have in the game focusing on positive They stomp their feet demanding more and more. The only good thing about them is they get their way I can unsub and I won't have to hear them complain. Slot Machines got a nerf just like they want companions to get a nerf.

Also totalbiscuit is not the emperor of the world. He doesn't speak for all gamers. I don't even watch his videos. I don't care how many subs he has. He doesn't speak for me personally.

They don't speak for the community.

Edited by RogerApple

People asking for a nerf are a loud noisty minority. If they even get their way even slighty. I'm going to make a new thread everyday and complain about changing it back. I mean seriously they act like over privileged kids. I would be too generous in calling them "fans" they act more like entitled children who are a slight embarrassment on this community in the fact they won't shut up up. Instead of appreciate what we have in the game focusing on positive They stomp their feet demanding more and more. The only good thing about them is they get their way I can unsub and I won't have to hear them complain. Slot Machines got a nerf just like they want companions to get a nerf.

Also totalbiscuit is not the emperor of the world. He doesn't speak for all gamers. I don't even watch his videos. I don't care how many subs he has. He doesn't speak for me personally.

They don't speak for the community.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express them freely, even you. There is nothing to be so worked up about. This is a forums to discuss various aspect of the game and give feedback. And Feedback are given.

The message has been given, companion are too powerful for offering a satisfying gameplay for many players, that's their feedback, what they felt while playing the game. What makes your feedback more right than theirs? Respect everyone.

Now time will tell what bioware decide to do. I don't expect them to rush into thing, but i think, eventually, they will make a statement regarding the state of the game and their plans.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express them freely, even you. There is nothing to be so worked up about. This is a forums to discuss various aspect of the game and give feedback. And Feedback are given.

The message has been given, companion are too powerful for offering a satisfying gameplay for many players, that's their feedback, what they felt while playing the game. What makes your feedback more right than theirs? Respect everyone.

Now time will tell what bioware decide to do. I don't expect them to rush into thing, but i think, eventually, they will make a statement regarding the state of the game and their plans.

Spamming these forums all day so we can't even have a positive conversation about the GOOD THINGS in game. Because everyday instead of just enjoying the game. I hear people whine and complain. More worse they act like spoiled children who are DEMANDING a change. Even though the poll backfires in their face. Even though a majority of people are fine with the changes. That doesn't stop them from A: Creating a dozen threads each day about the same topic

B: Complaining all day everyday. Some people are sick to death of hearing the same tired old thing. I seriously wonder if you people even play the video game or just sit on the forums and whine all day. C: Things are FINE. You can dismiss companions. That's not good enough for you. You have to ruin everyone else experience by forcing them to accept a nerf they don't want you feel you are entitled to this change. The only good thing about the change if they do it. I and several others will unsub you can go back to playing this game on a light to moderate server.

With the ablity to buy alt at level 60 now. You want to make the grind to 60 even more horrible then it has to be. Why. You don't even need to level up anymore in this game. Those who depend on companions. Depend on them for faster leveling up. People can make 60's right now. I shouldn't be forced to have a weak companion because you don't know how or refuse to dismiss yours.

Breezed through Chaps 1-9 with no deaths, or anything even close. Didn't feel like I earned anything really, it was more "given" to me. I get it, it's about story. Would be nice to have a heroic option for Chapters 1-9, or 10+ going forward.

Until I got to Heroic 2-mans star-fortresses - then I started dying. Seems like that's what they were aiming for. You HAVE to have comp affection AT LEAST at level 20 to even make it solo, and use Heroic Moment regularly.

Anyway, I also am/was advocating a comp nerf. But, I see it's a good challenge in heroics 2 mans. Just not regular content.

:rolleyes:

Trying to show how childish you are being by creating dozens of threads each day. If that by some miracle does work. Then it shows all I have to do to change it back is complain and whine make a dozen threads even though I should only make one. I'm trying to mirror what you are doing. Seriously why not keep it to one thread. Why not post in suggestions and let it go. Why keep posting this in general and forcing us to listen to this conversation instead letting us talk about the positive aspects of the game. Companions are there to help people level. Now with buying a token at 60 what you are doing is punishing people for not buying a token off cartel market and making it even harder for people to level.

I just don't see the problem. You use companions to fight PVE mobs. You kill PVE mobs for xp/loot. This happens faster now. The whiners are wanting it to be slower? Go to EQ.

You don't get it do you? This game is a massively MULTIPLAYER rpg. Note that word multiplayer know what that means? It means interacting with other people in order to do things.

BioWare needs to nerf what's going on and soon.

Spamming these forums all day so we can't even have a positive conversation about the GOOD THINGS in game. Because everyday instead of just enjoying the game. I hear people whine and complain. More worse they act like spoiled children who are DEMANDING a change. Even though the poll backfires in their face. Even though a majority of people are fine with the changes. That doesn't stop them from A: Creating a dozen threads each day about the same topic

I don't know, maybe you should leave us to our whining then and go discuss good things you want? Oh, wait, there is nothing to discuss about them - good things are fine on their own. Bad things, on the other hand, bring discussion becouse it's the only way to find solution, even if this solution is to do nothing.

And seriously, 3/4 times "nerf companions" thread is bumped, it's bumped by one of you guys defending comps. Hell, this exact thread is part of the same whiny topic.

With regard to the OP:

The vocal minority left a very nasty taste in BW's mouth after ME3. So much in fact, that it prompted resignations of CEO (although, people can dispute whether or not this was the case), certain people leaving BW, and a ton of people that managed to get EA voted as the worst company in America.

While some of that is in dispute, it happened. I doubt that BW wants to go thru that again.

However, I believe we should all reserve judgment of the game for at least 2 months. When people are starting to finish up grinds, etc. Also, the new progressive story on a month by month basis has not happened yet.

Sadly this happens with all MMOs. The only MMO where I did not personally observe this was Eve, but that may be a red herring. It happens.

First it was sentinels on the Watchman spec. Next it will be something else. The rage that ensued from Watchman changes has dissipated once some good folks on here have posted their calcs / theorycrafting and found it to be even better than it was previously.

As for me, the story is good. The clunkiness with things like button mashing is an annoyance, but honestly, if one always expects perfection, they will always be disappointed.

Developers are not perfect. I swore off BW after ME3. I came to this at the convincing of a close friend. I am not a monthly sub, but I have the pass for 60-days. Also developers are dependent on QA to find issues before release, and having a developer background myself, they don't always find everything, because their tests can be subjective and not real-world.

I just don't see the problem. You use companions to fight PVE mobs. You kill PVE mobs for xp/loot. This happens faster now. The whiners are wanting it to be slower? Go to EQ.

You could nerf my companion by about 30% and there would be no noticeable speed change, one shot takes a trash guy to about 20% health and the second shot kills him. So 30% less damage would put them around 40% health after one shot. Still a two shot kill, but 30% less powerful.

Now what that would do is make a lot more difference in boss fights, I might actually have to play them rather than my companion doing them for me.

Just as amusing aside, I just got my first companion as an agent. It's hilarious, I've never played with cover before, but what makes it so amusing is that if I dive for cover as I'm supposed to, by the time I finish rolling around and get a target, they are all dead because she's shot them all every time.

Prob is OP you are the "vocal minority" The very loud vocal minority as I have seen more threads like this than those that want it changed.

personally on this issue I don't care either way. I preferred it how it was but can live with this far better than some of the other 4.0 changes.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

With regard to the OP:

The vocal minority left a very nasty taste in BW's mouth after ME3. So much in fact, that it prompted resignations of CEO (although, people can dispute whether or not this was the case), certain people leaving BW, and a ton of people that managed to get EA voted as the worst company in America.

While some of that is in dispute, it happened. I doubt that BW wants to go thru that again.

It was well deserved, and no amount of "But i personally liked the ending" will make it good. There are some objectively bad things. Like "Twilight". Also I'm pretty sure it was the case of loud majority.

Now, actual loud minority was bashing them for all the other BS they did with the plot. I'm still amazed they managed to get away with it by simply screwing up endings

Prob is OP you are the "vocal minority" The very loud vocal minority as I have seen more threads like this than those that want it changed.

personally on this issue I don't care either way. I preferred it how it was but can live with this far better than some of the other 4.0 changes.

Umm...you see more of these threads from the vocal minority than the other way around. The people defending comps or are indifferent do not spam the forums every other thread begging bioware to change it.

Umm...you see more of these threads from the vocal minority than the other way around. The people defending comps or are indifferent do not spam the forums every other thread begging bioware to change it.

The problem with the defenders is several get up in arms even when people on the other side offer reasonable and possible solutions to the problem.

Give a good suggestion that is reasonable for both parties and your thread is full of "No! This isn't what I want! Me! Me! Me!"

Edited by Brodoin

Trying to show how childish you are being by creating dozens of threads each day.

Lol dozens each day? Why would anyone listen to a thing you've got to say? It's soo full of lies and misinformation.

This is what proof looks like:

http://www.swtor.com/community/search.php?searchid=188346

A dozen in 18 months more like it, not one on this "topic". :rolleyes:

If that by some miracle does work. Then it shows all I have to do to change it back is complain and whine make a dozen threads even though I should only make one. I'm trying to mirror what you are doing. Seriously why not keep it to one thread. Why not post in suggestions and let it go. Why keep posting this in general and forcing us to listen to this conversation instead letting us talk about the positive aspects of the game. Companions are there to help people level. Now with buying a token at 60 what you are doing is punishing people for not buying a token off cartel market and making it even harder for people to level

Newsflash, no one is forcing you to read these topics OTHER people are making.

No one is stopping you placing players on ignore that are supposedly so childish etc.

Heck you even post in all these topics yourself and act like everyone else with an opposing view is some sort of troll or somehow completely wrong. Pot, kettle, black.

Yet 60 something % that are supposedly having so much fun with the game and the way it is now with the ease of change still flood the forums making up over 60% of the posts on the topic.

Funny that "we love the game now but we won't play it very much".