Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll: Take 3

CelCawdro

I like how Kit Fisto and Plo Koon had better defined personalities than most of the main cast in the prequels. And all Kit did was smile, and Plo just stood there. That conveyed more to me about who they were than all the hackneyed dialogue ever did.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Togruta (With proper looking heads instead of the short stumpy head tails. Ya know, like how the NPCs look?)

Okay, aside from my major gripe with their last race and why I will never buy or use it..

1.. Nautolan

2. Falleen

3. Chagrian

1. Togruta (With proper looking heads instead of the short stumpy head tails. Ya know, like how the NPCs look?)

Not trying to be supportive of either side of the equation here, just asking a question: would you rather have the stumpy tails, or not have the species at all? Or not have any species implemented with the possibility of clipping issues?

Not trying to be supportive of either side of the equation here, just asking a question: would you rather have the stumpy tails, or not have the species at all? Or not have any species implemented with the possibility of clipping issues?

I see your point... It's too late now to remove something after selling it, but I'd rather they either did it right or did something else instead if they are that limited by their game engine.

I see your point... It's too late now to remove something after selling it, but I'd rather they either did it right or did something else instead if they are that limited by their game engine.

And I see your point as well. Personally, I much prefer that they take risks as they did with Togruta instead of giving us a steady stream of near-humans.

In order that I think would be coolest?

1.) Devaronian - because the gender dimorphism between males and females would be really cool to see

2.) Faleen - because changing skin colors would be an interesting social ability

3.) Kaleesh - because their bone masks are cool.

I know reasons why we picked these species aren't needed, I just felt like sharing them anyways.

Wookiee.. and I don't buy the whole complaint about it getting too annoying to have a non-English speaking toon. I have listened to Treek and others spout their non English warbling through many a toon and it never has bothered me.

Wookiee.. and I don't buy the whole complaint about it getting too annoying to have a non-English speaking toon. I have listened to Treek and others spout their non English warbling through many a toon and it never has bothered me.

Need two more votes to count it. And personally, I think the gearing, customization and animation issues are what would deter implementation. The language issue only serves to compound the problem.

I actually prefer the togruta males as they are since they don't have as bad a clipping issue with certain types of armors compared to the females with the longer lekku.

I like the dimorphism, even if not expressed elsewhere. It's always interesting. Especially when the general line of thinking in MMOs is to make the female of a species just a "more human, more female, less unique" version of the males.

Here's something I thought was funny. We have about a dozen different races. I have only one race I play and many other people do this as well. They play humans.

And I simply find humans boring. I am a human. I've been there, done that. It's nice to put yourself in the shoes of a character who might exemplify a particular philosophy or ideal that you can relate to. Humans are just to... generalized, I guess. With a Sith or Zabrak, you can get a feel for their personality at a glance. Humans are too much of a blank slate. It takes a lot of work for me to find a human interesting in a universe as fantastic as this.

I'd rather they fix the Cathar already, and give them and the Miraluka some different hair styles (and colors). I already paid to unlock them and the Togruta, I don't really need more.

So because your wants are almost fulfilled, you'd rather they stop adding races that others might enjoy?

I'd rather they fix the Cathar already, and give them and the Miraluka some different hair styles (and colors). I already paid to unlock them and the Togruta, I don't really need more.

How do you mean "fix" Cathar? Also, I'm also of the opinion that all these customizations humans have been given should count for all the other races that make sense for them. Which is virtually all of them. Either give other races their own, or let them borrow what's already been developed.