BUG: Still NO Medical Probe after patching 4.0.1

Baby-Girl

Honestly, come on! I would love to be able to start healing some HM Ops without struggling to follow a good rotation. Kind of hard when the only heal that you have that is not on a cool down is Med Shots. We better see a hot patch on this, having to wait 2 weeks to use your darn toon is unacceptable. :mad:

If you downloaded the patch during server downtime, you are out of luck and cannot train Medical Probe.

If you downloaded the patch when the servers became available, you can train Medical Probe.

This is just another sign that BioWare does not give a **** about this class and will half-*** it when it comes to fixing the problems associated with Commando.

I had posted this over in General but saw this was being watched so moving it here :

My Commando did not get his Medical Probe back today.

Oddly enough when I click on my Ability list there is a blank skill to be trained and the green + symbol is showing over the fleet trainer/holo trainer, but when I clicked on it to train nothing happened, other than ...

I am now not able to interact with any NPC's, bank vaults, companions... you name it nothing I try to interact with functions. I've reclogged and this did not fix the issue and it appears to affect all of my characters.

I will update if anything new changes....

Okay I just ran the Repair from the launcher and it corrected me not being able to interact with NPC's, Vaults etc. Then I opened my Abilities and clicked/tried to drag the blank ability and the game bugged again. After clicking/dragging the blank ability I can no longer interact with NPC's, Vaults, Companions and so on.

I hope this information helps the Devs.

Edited by Jerqa

I also do not have Medical probe on my commando. On my abilities pane, commando tab I have a "blank ability" that says 'see trainer'. The trainer still does display the symbol that indicates I have something to learn there. I used to have a "blank skill listed" at the trainer (which I was not allowed to train) but now even that is gone.

Hope that helps.

So since I have a fast internet connection with Verizon FIOS 150M upload/download I decided to uninstall the game completely and do a full reinstall.

I backed up my C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\SWTOR folder, uninstalled the game, restorted my C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\SWTOR so I didn't have to redo all my custom settings on my chars. Then reinstalled the full game. After that I was able to learn medical probe and the icon shows up as it always has.

I tried to repair my client 5x before I did the reinstall so whatever the issue is the repair would not find it. Only this full reinstall seemed to do the trick.

Edited by SGMRock

I tried to repair my client 5x before I did the reinstall so whatever the issue is the repair would not find it. Only this full reinstall seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for the Info and I'm grateful you found a work around, but I hope the dev can come up with a better solution than a full download and re-install.

Bye for now and have fun out there.

I'm apparently one of the lucky ones-- I got my probe back. (Wow, that sounds... bad, heh.) I didn't patch until after the servers came up, though, so that fits the pattern.

Sounds like a file manifest problem in the patcher.

Hmmm seems some of us will be getting a patch tonight....

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Patch Distribution Issue | 10.27.2015, 07:27 PM

Hey folks,

After investigation, we found an issue with patch distribution that occurred during maintenance this morning. Some players will be getting a new patch later this evening (roughly 6-8 hours from now). There will be no downtime associated with this, and you will be able to play the game up until that point. Players using the streaming client will not download anything further.

Some of you have noticed that there are certain fixes that are listed in the Patch Notes that only some players have. Tonight’s patch will resolve that issue and ensure that all the fixes in the patch reach everyone.

Thanks!

-eric

I'm apparently one of the lucky ones-- I got my probe back. (Wow, that sounds... bad, heh.) I didn't patch until after the servers came up, though, so that fits the pattern.

Sounds like a file manifest problem in the patcher.

I patched after servers came up, but unable to train medical probe.

Clicking empty icon in your abilities further prevents that character from interacting with cargo holds, vendors, GTN, trainer, etc., until game is restarted

If you downloaded the patch during server downtime, you are out of luck and cannot train Medical Probe.

If you downloaded the patch when the servers became available, you can train Medical Probe.

This is just another sign that BioWare does not give a **** about this class and will half-*** it when it comes to fixing the problems associated with Commando.

Maybe some people that downloaded after the servers came up can train it, but not me.

Didn't start the download until after the servers were back up and it's no different that it was before; Trainer shows something but medical probe is nowhere to be found.

Edit: Had not logged in prior to the new fix. I was able to train it after the latest patch..

Doesn't change what I said, though. Saying that people that waited to patch until after servers were up would have it was incorrect.

Edited by Mithros

For me, the Medical Probe has returned.

After the overnight patch to fix some persistent issues with yesterdays 4.0.1 update, I now have the Medical Probe ability returned to my Commando! and... I can now log into all of my Commando's again!

Thanks for getting it sorted, appreciated.