KotFE - Current state of the galaxy (as of end of Chapter IX) *SPOILERS TO KOTFE*

Schanez

Hi there,

here is my thing. In the trailers we see Korriban taking a huge hit, monuments crumbling, academy smoking, huge battle occuring between the Empire and Zakuul. We see what looks like Taris being invaded as well, with republic troopers falling to the invaders. I assume Tython suffered similar hit, as did most of the other worlds of both factions. Yet other then the Shield Bunkers on the various planets from the Star Fortress FP, there is no visible presence of any enemy units. And I wish to ask, they just invaded and then allowed both factions to rebuild?

If that is the case, it has severly crippled the Roleplaying that's happening on the servers. Yesterday my guild touched down on Korriban after the five year leap, with informations of a major battle and the Empire shattered, just to see the Academy as it was before, with no signs of battle, no nothing. How are we to RP the entire expansion? What's the state of the Galaxy right now? Is the Eternal Fleet orbiting Zakuul or does it maintain presence in the Core Worlds and other sectors? What of the damage caused during the invasion? Those have been repaired or never happened?

The community I hang with on Begeren Colony aren't time skipping yet, staying at pre-KOTFE content so that people can experience the new content, get their bearings, and plan out what's going on.

As for the actual galactic state... basically, the Zemps smashed the hell out of the Republic and the Imperial fleets in the first year, forcing a peace treaty that basically turns both of them into subservient states of the Zempire in exchange for not being utterly destroyed.

That gives four years for at least some reconstruction to happen, and since the Zemps are just demanding massive resource tributes from the Empire and Republic, and are both under and arms restriction that prevents either side from openly building up a massive force, the two groups are largely still squabbling with each other based on those old hatreds.

Doing the Bunker missions does justify, a bit, how worlds have changed (or why they HAVEN'T obviously changed). The Zemps are spurring on Alderaan's civil war for the sake of reality TV (although its implied that the people of Zakuul don't actually know the noble backstabbing and squabbling is real...), the Zemps are letting loose still held and crazy prisoners on Balmorra to keep the prison in a state of chaos, the Zemps are detaining whoever they like on Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa, putting everyone there in a state of worry and tension, afraid that they'll be next...

...basically, suppressing the Republic and the Empire by inflaming tensions between the two sides and preventing them from actually working together against the real threat.

I am still curious how the community will deal with the 'only one outlander' thing. With SoR it was more or less easy, just a coalition between Republic and Empire. Something we could have just... Ignored, as not everyone was fighting in that war. But right now? Not so sure. There is a third power in the universe now and we have to play with it. Which is extremely unfair when it comes to those that did not play the expansion as the IC interractions will spoil the entire story for them.

But I see now. Five year leap. Damage done in the first year and four others spent on rebuilding. Star Fortresses made it possible to revoke the Eternall Fleet from the empire and republic space. Thanks for the info.

There is a lore entry in the codex if you've played thru KOTFE "State of the Galaxy" which summarizes well, why you don't have an occupying force, and why the Eternal throne doesn't intervene with ongoing conflict between the Sith Empire and the Republic.

So, basically, you can just play it from that.

How did the community deal with the only the one (insert protagonist here) before? Exactly the same way. Also the Star Fortresses belong to the Eternal Empire.

It's a little different this time, no? Previously there is just one on the 8 doing anything at a given place, but the others are still out there doing business as usual elsewhere. But now there is just the 1 and the rest are just thrown under the bus, presumably dead.

I really wished this had 4 storylines at least.

Sith Imperial

Jedi Republic

Trained Military (Agent/Trooper)

Freelancer (Smuggler/BH)

Each story existing within the same world like the original chapter. This way the stories can fit the type of character you play.

At the least, 2 stories. Force user and non-force user. I don't like how they just trashed 7 out of 8 protagonists. Makes everything else feel pointless as they all effectively die. Their marriages, friendships, accomplishments, etc. meaningless.