The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Video Proof that Companions are Too powerful! KOTFE

DaForceiswithme

Whatever. Nerf the hell out of the companions, let the noobs die endlessly and rage quit. See how long SWTOR survives.

smh

So is this really all about the n00bs or is it you just like to be OP.

Is being OP that much of a thrill for you, maybe something before 4.0 you never could be or do.....

The content is not the real issue here, it is what they have done to the game overall that is.

I understand being OP in lower worlds but not in FE, ever it is for lvl 60-65 right.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video Link is below. This is Chapter 3 of KOTFE and is probably the 2nd real boss fight i encountered. No spoilers please I have cut most of the story sequences from this clip. This is what we are going to ask new and returning players to put up with. Think of how crappy they may feel when they find out its this easy.

Here you will see rank 1 Lana take on 2 elites by herself. Furthermore, She finished the battle unharmed and with 95-100 percent HP. Unfortunately i was not so lucky. You will see all my presence unlocks which is not even half of the legacy unlocks, and proof that she is only rank 1 influence so no bonuses there.

It kind of makes me ask why they bothered with me when she can do all this by herself. This isn't about the companions being on par with you but its about them being better than even you at fighting these things. Also 2 man heroics should be done by two people that is why they are called 2 man heroics.

I don't know what's up with your game but I can assure you that during my 2 runs she was taking damage from even the weak mobs...

EDIT: just saw that she was in tank stance, maybe that explains things, don't you think?

Edited by demotivator

I use a Razer tartarus chroma, a Logitech g600 and over 30 keybinds to have use of absolutely everything I could ever want to use, and you know what?

That makes games like this muuuuuuuch easier.

Try keeping up with me on a two button mouse with a normal keyboard and you're not likely going to manage that at all.

So, I also have almost every datacron, the legendary legacy bonus and every companion's legacy presence boost.

Shall I start sobbing and being a pissbaby because I've made my gaming experience easier than is standard?

This stuff is clearly designed to be comfortably played by people that have standard hardware that point and click a lot; I.e, probably a heck of a lot of everyone.

That's a good thing. If this was designed to challenge someone like me, some of you sobbing on this very thread wouldn't be able to play anymore at all. It'd be too hard. You'd need my level of gaming hardware and my proficiency in its use at minimum.

So get the heck over yourselves, maybe try appreciating the thing for what it is and realize that there's more than one game in the world. When you want hard, play that which challenges you.

If this doesn't give you the challenge you crave... There's a solution to your problem.

It involves playing that which does, not crapping the bed and rolling around in it like anyone and everyone except yourselves are responsible for what you find entertaining.

Edited by Uruare

Video proof that companions are just about perfect currently.

How is it possible your companion was taking damage, and was on the verge of death? You mean all of these claims of companions soloing FP bosses and champion elites at endgame have been exaggeration and hyperbole?

Edited by Vember

People still use those?!

I have Roccat Kova[+] but I can't map any of the extra buttons or Easy-Shift[+] combinations.

How is it possible your companion was taking damage? You mean all of these claims have been exaggeration and hyperbole?

They use solo content as an example to make their point.

I rather use something a bit more challenging that was obviously designed for two players but is also soloable.

Edited by Halinalle

Nothing would make you happier than an absolute nerf to all companions.

QUIT WHINING

If it's too easy, equip a lower level weapon, older armor, or level on higher level mobs. All would afford you more of a challenge.

The game should be designed in a way that it provides reasonable difficulty. Without us having to go out of our way to come up with concepts to gimp content, the gear we wear etc. I should not have to strip naked, remove skills from my bars and dumb the game down in this way.

The game should be designed in a way that it provides reasonable difficulty. Without us having to go out of our way to come up with concepts to gimp content, the gear we wear etc. I should not have to strip naked, remove skills from my bars and dumb the game down in this way.

I have to agree with other people "Quit whining"...you asked people are we fine with the way companions are. A reasonable and logical question. We replied yes. You have posted a poll and a video. The poll shows that in a stunning nearly five times to the one. "We are fine with it"

I just don't know how many different ways you can ask it and keep it looking fresh. What do players when they are clearly in the minority. When others don't agree with them. They phrase the question in any way they can get to make people say "No we're not okay with this"

At what point if any do people just drop it or do they keep repeating the same thing even though they have the answer. I'm just curious.

I have Roccat Kova[+] but I can't map any of the extra buttons or Easy-Shift[+] combinations.

You should get an LG or a Razer, of the 15 button variety, they are amazing :) then you can map two keys on the mouse to ctrl and alt, which makes those modifiers much more accessible than using the ones on the keyboard.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Just like it has ALWAYS been, a player determines their difficulty level in the game. You have ALWAYS been able to choose how difficult you want the content to be in MANY ways.

The issue here, at for some it seems, is a philosophical one more than anything else.

Minority groups should never determine the direction, content or difficulty of an online game if it is to remain financially viable.

Like it or not, the difficulty changes to this game are most likely a direct result of the changing MMO market.

I have to agree with other people "Quit whining"...you asked people are we fine with the way companions are. A reasonable and logical question. We replied yes. You have posted a poll and a video. The poll shows that in a stunning nearly five times to the one. "We are fine with it"

I just don't know how many different ways you can ask it and keep it looking fresh. What do players when they are clearly in the minority. When others don't agree with them. They phrase the question in any way they can get to make people say "No we're not okay with this"

At what point if any do people just drop it or do they keep repeating the same thing even though they have the answer. I'm just curious.

The problem is people don't always know what they want.

Right now the game is like playing doom or quake with the invulnerability cheat on. Sure it was really fun for a while, but without any challenge it got boring quite fast.

Right now people are in the 'happy phase' of having the 'cheat' enabled. They get that wam glow from being super powered and nearly invincible, but after a while it wears off and people will inexplicably lose interest in playing without really realising why.

I'm also in the 'happy phase' because right now it's really fun being invincible, but my trooper is lvl 48 now and the final battle of chapter 3 is rapidly approaching. When Elara solos it I'm going to start to get the first twinges of that happiness going away. I don't want that, I need the feeling of success that come from beating a challenge to keep me going. It's been that way for the last 4 years, why change that particular thing now, it's not like there were masses of posts on the forum all claiming the game was too difficult before.

Right now the game is like playing doom or quake with the invulnerability cheat on. Sure it was really fun for a while, but without any challenge it got boring quite fast.

Right now people are in the 'happy phase' of having the 'cheat' enabled. They get that wam glow from being super powered and nearly invincible, but after a while it wears off and people will inexplicably lose interest in playing without really realising why.

I'm also in the 'happy phase' because right now it's really fun being invincible, but my trooper is lvl 48 now and the final battle of chapter 3 is rapidly approaching. When Elara solos it I'm going to start to get the first twinges of that happiness going away. I don't want that, I need the feeling of success that come from beating a challenge to keep me going. It's been that way for the last 4 years, why change that particular thing now, it's not like there were masses of posts on the forum all claiming the game was too difficult before.

You understand this is a video game. You cant easily "dismiss your companion" that would make it twice as hard to play wouldn't it. It sure does seem hard for people play without their companions because they don't want to do it. To play with your companions to complain they are OP then REFUSE to "Dismiss them" I just don't see the logic.

You want things to be harder but you refuse to make them harder on your own even though companion is a hundred percent optional to complete a story. Honestly after doing the same side quest for a million times. I know it like the back of my hand. I'm happy not to die by the 2nd same mob I killed moments before. I want get to the class quest that's the reason I quit so long ago. Because dying so quickly running across mobs made this game less fun.

After you complete nearly all the stories. You just want get through the side quests. Even though I was on my level for my class quest. I always seemed to be fighting someone a level above me or an elite. My companion was useless then. I had ask people for help even though I was the proper level. Now I don't have to do that. I'm take a break from posting. I just don't get it.

You understand this is a video game. You cant easily "dismiss your companion" that would make it twice as hard to play wouldn't it. It sure does seem hard for people play without their companions because they don't want to do it. To play with your companions to complain they are OP then REFUSE to "Dismiss them" I just don't see the logic.

You want things to be harder but you refuse to make them harder on your own even though companion is a hundred percent optional to complete a story. Honestly after doing the same side quest for a million times. I know it like the back of my hand. I'm happy not to die by the 2nd same mob I killed moments before. I want get to the class quest that's the reason I quit so long ago. Because dying so quickly running across mobs made this game less fun.

After you complete nearly all the stories. You just want get through the side quests. Even though I was on my level for my class quest. I always seemed to be fighting someone a level above me or an elite. My companion was useless then. I had ask people for help even though I was the proper level. Now I don't have to do that. I'm take a break from posting. I just don't get it.

This is honestly the last time I will reply to your comments on this. Dismissing you companion is not an option for many reasons.

1) Some fights literally require your companion to be present

2) The difficulty change from your companion being there to your companion not being there is huge and the idea isn't to make content extremely difficult, just mildly entertaining

3) Some players enjoy playing with a companion as part of their story experience, constantly dismissing and resummoning your companion is extremely tedious and time consuming

Examples of how to make the game more difficult, some going back all the way to LAUNCH.....

Use only gear drops.

Ignore side quests when leveling.

Do not use enhancements.

Only use greens.

Solo group content.

Avoid crafted gear.

This game is not unique in it's opportunity to determine your own difficulty level. Companion use has ALWAYS been optional...what has changed over time is the ease at which you can play the game using companions.

At one time the game was still difficult even with companion use.

Legacy and Presence reduced that difficulty for a time.

Later the difficulty was once again ramped up for silver and gold mobs.

Companions were also locked out of certain types of group content.

HK was introduced to the game, then the true cheat mode, Treek, a tank that could heal herself.

Now we have strong companions if you have all the bonuses.

This is not something new, and playing solo is not a new concept either. Folks have been challenging themselves by running solo since the launch of the game.

I don't want to die to trash mobs either. I also don't want to make my levelling process ridiculously hard. I'm not a power gamer, I struggled with some of the content occasionally. Doing it without a companion would be both mind numbingly slow as well as nearly impossible for me.

Equally I don't want my companion soloing champions without any input from me.

You are saying I have a choice between no challenge (with companion) and a ridiculous challenge I could not achieve and I'm not masocistic enough to keep trying.

What I want is what the game offered BEFORE they made my companions utterly invincible, a balanced game that I had to learn and understand to beat not one where all I need to do is press '1' over and over. Or even worse, 'control 1' and then make a coffee.

3) Some players enjoy playing with a companion as part of their story experience, constantly dismissing and resummoning your companion is extremely tedious and time consuming

This is the most cogent point being made IMO. Players should be able to dismiss their companions and they should remain dismissed. This bug has existed since they changed companions to appear in all dialog cutscenes. It is past time for it's repair.

In the mean time, passive mode can be used. And the game is not that difficult, even without companion use if you are geared properly.

Edited by LordArtemis

This is honestly the last time I will reply to your comments on this. Dismissing you companion is not an option for many reasons.

1) Some fights literally require your companion to be present

2) The difficulty change from your companion being there to your companion not being there is huge and the idea isn't to make content extremely difficult, just mildly entertaining

You said it was last time commenting on that issue. If only we could get people in Pro Nerf crowd to stop commenting in general...heh I kid...well halfway. You know what else is tedious. Your companion dying every five minutes. They were close to useless before. I just never realized it tilll now. They never helped me get a real advantage. You have an OPTION to dismiss it. There is an ALTERNATIVE the reason I'm posting the keywords in caps message to hope you understand it.

Claiming its too much of a hassle to dismiss it then re-summon it is not a valid point for wanting Every One's companion to nerf because you find it inconvenient to summon and dismiss. You have to summon a mount each time you get to a planet. I don't get why "Dismissing it" is so much harder of a hassle then what you'd do to your own mount. In the end you have CHOICES. Like in the game. We can't be held responsible if you ignore those choices because of convenience.

So most of us agree that the companions are fine, the game has always been easy, now it is just less tedious and faster pace. It is a good thing. Good, now we can let this silly thread die that will have no impact at all on anything.

I a hundred percent agree. Those will phases make it less tedious. I'm on planet right now my sith warrior running through the same side quest. I want hurry get to my class quest. The majority agrees. The people have spoken. It's fine.

Edited by RogerApple

Well, thanks for the psychological insight. I'm sorry to say that it doesn't apply to everyone. I'm not having fun because I'm invincible. I don't get a warm glow from feeling superpowered. Besides, I'm not superpowered. The character is. I'm still the guy behind the keyboard. And I'm having fun because I can get to the bits of the game I care about more easily than I could before. I'm having fun because I don't have to do stuff I don't want to do - i.e. spend wasted hours killing meaningless mobs, in order to do stuff I do want to do - i.e. advance the story.

Unlike you, I do not feel success or achievement at completing a challenge in a video game, because it's just a video game. It's entertainment. It's very true that my character should be challenged. The protagonists of all stories should be challenged. It's what makes them good stories. However, it should not be necessary for me, the person viewing the story, the audience, to feel at all challenged, in order to enjoy said story.

I am not the protagonist of the story. I'm simply telling him (or her) what to do or say.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

Well, thanks for the psychological insight. I'm sorry to say that it doesn't apply to everyone. I'm not having fun because I'm invincible. I don't get a warm glow from feeling superpowered. Besides, I'm not superpowered. The character is. I'm still the guy behind the keyboard. And I'm having fun because I can get to the bits of the game I care about more easily than I could before. I'm having fun because I don't have to do stuff I don't want to do - i.e. spend wasted hours killing meaningless mobs, in order to do stuff I do want to do - i.e. advance the story.

Unlike you, I do not feel success or achievement at completing a challenge in a video game, because it's just a video game. It's entertainment. It's very true that my character should be challenged. The protagonists of all stories should be challenged. It's what makes them good stories. However, it should not be necessary for me, the person viewing the story, the audience, to feel at all challenged, in order to enjoy said story.

I am not the protagonist of the story. I'm simply telling him (or her) what to do or say.

But a game has to be played in order to make it a game.

Right now it's a interactive story book because it plays itself, I just turn the pages (walk forwards.)

That's fine if that's what people want, I'd just like the 'game' back please.