The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Video Proof that Companions are Too powerful! KOTFE

DaForceiswithme

If i could play the fight again to look at it i would. However,your argument makes no sense. Why should i have to change the way i play cause something is broken. If I cant have a tank companions lets take the rolls out and go back to what they were. BTW Even in game people say that DPS companions do way more damage than they do.

All I am implying is that tank and healing stances on companions make your game easier because getting a advantage like healing or defense tanking helps. As for them doing to much damage, I haven't seen them do anything too extreme and I got my T7 to rank 47.

Before this update pretty much all companions were useless or dead weight with maybe Treek being the exception with it's versatility and being able to give heals as a tank. Now it would appear companions are all on the same level as Treek was before 4.0.

Edited by Kaprua

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poll. you mean that terrible straw poll that shows nothing? for all i know they posted it to everyone in their guild and said to vote for this.

People said Sorcs shouldn't be nerfed at launched and they will. People said that the coin machine shouldn't be touched and it was. Just a matter of time.

supposed to be an easy fight is fine but no damage. K whatever you say.

Ya because Bioware sure did not learn a lesson from that. I mean after all the game design has change since that time, with good reason as the old way of doing things made them a failure.

This is a new Swtor. You either adjust to it or quit. That is your option. Many players on redit, and ingame love the changes, and love the companion changes. This game caters around us, not you. Sorry.

Either way they should not be able to solo this without help.

Prove that a new player with zero unlocks can solo it without help, that is the level these are designed around. And again, these are considered tutorial level missions exactly because new players with instant 60s might be running them. I don't know any tutorials in any games that are "hard". And you still are avoiding answering what your presence stat is.

No proof at all. Just because you feel like they should not be able to do it. Does not mean that they are op.

The fight would have been just as easy as without the companion. So what if they can do it? People act like the game was hard before. It was not, and now that companions could solo things, it also lets healer play styles who like to support them feel even cooler when they do it.

So at the end of the day, It is all working as it should be. Open world/solo content should not be hard or tedious. Most mmos have optional stuff for harder things, but this mmo combat is so bad they just are focus on story. As they should.

If the game was easy before than you wont mind is companions get Nerfed then? Thanks!

Also at launched i leveled a healer and I actually had to press buttons unlike now.

Ok. Tell me how you reached 100k hp on a companion before 4.0 that hits like a truck with 30k crits or heal you to full in any circumstances whether it's flashpoint or faction base. If only I could take companions to operations I would take them any day over our healers from the progress team. :cool:

Stats have changed, and the whole game as changed. Companions were strong enough to solo things before. So the new numbers mean nothing. You can't compare the two as this is a pretty much whole new system we are using.

If your companion could not solo elites. You must have been doing something wrong.

If the game was easy before than you wont mind is companions get Nerfed then? Thanks!

Also at launched i leveled a healer and I actually had to press buttons unlike now.

I don't want the companions nerf because I want to get the tedious and boring parts of the game done faster. Your views of harder is laughable. What the game was before is tedous. Now with the new followers things are going at a pace that does not make me mind the bad combat as much.

So in other words. No you can't have it your way.

Edited by Teladis

But then he can't force his own opinion of how the game should be onto the whole community!

Of course, everyone should run around with useless companions. Because he says so!

isn't that a little hypercritical? you telling me that i should have to change the way I play because something is broken?

Will you people about the companions just let it go. Don't you ever even play in game anymore. Tomorrow is the expansion for everyone. I highly doubt this is going be on the top their list. Again level sync and dismiss your companion problem solved.

It wont though because this is new content.

I cant beat two elites by myself.

I have no idea of what you are talking about. I was on my shadow last week and got Lana and she actually stood still while I did the killing. A lot of times she wasn't even healing me. Maybe it was my gear (192/198, before launch) but I did not notice anything different about the companions.

I know when we had 12xp there were a lot of times my boyfriend and I were overleveled for the content and we just dismissed the companions because we wanted a challenge and if we feel we need that again we will do the same. We aren't dependent on our companions.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

I have no idea of what you are talking about. I was on my shadow last week and got Lana and she actually stood still while I did the killing. A lot of times she wasn't even healing me. Maybe it was my gear (192/198, before launch) but I did not notice anything different about the companions.

well there is something different. This wasn't possible before and this many people wouldn't be complaining about it.

Companions could do that before being well geared. Next? Oh btw, It is not getting nerfed.

actually beforehand there wasn't a guarantee that companions could solo a lot of stuff..now, it's an almost certainty. Companions SHOULD be put back to the way they were..it makes for more challenging gameplay story

If you want challenge - fight without companion. Period.

I second this. Even the poll that one fan posted supposed show overwhelming support for Pro Nerf. Showed over 62 percent people said leave it alone. It's time for these people to move on. Seriously more people that its fine then its not. Those who don't spam the forums all day and honestly I'd like to focus on something different.

I'm so tired of seeing posts about this. I think the companions are finally the way the should have been from day one. People have a hard time acknowledging that MMOs have changed over the years to cater to a more casual player. Part of that is making the much of the game playable solo, with more difficult content requiring a group.

This reworking of companions has finally made them useful, and it's possible to do missions that were previously out of reach for a solo player.

well there is something different. This wasn't possible before and this many people wouldn't be complaining about it.

I have not heard one complaint on the game about it. I take the complaints on the forums with a grain of salt. I have learn to do that since launch. I pay more attention to the people on the game and my guild than I do to people in the forums as I don't care what the issue is there will always be someone complaining.

If you want challenge - fight without companion. Period.

Handicapping ourselves by removing an important part of the game which isn't balanced is not a good solution. That doesn't fix anything. It only seems like a solution because you've convinced yourself that the problem we're talking about is solely a lack of difficulty, and not the fact that companions are so powerful they can resolve combat without the player's input (which causes a lack of difficulty).

You're telling someone with a broken car to just take the bus because that will get them to work on time, when what they're talking about is the fact their car broke.

Wondering why so few people are grasping the fact that "monster" companions aren't a universal experience, and that a lot depends on the level, content, influence level, PC's base prestige, and other factors...

I will admit this.

However, I remember seeing level 65 characters with like 60k HP...and seeing their companions with 90k HP. I think that's a bit crazy...however, I will also admit that it could be do to that person having all the +presence bonuses, as I don't really know.

All I can say is...while I don't dislike how companions are now...I definitely preferred how they were before 4.0.

Right now, at only rank 12 influence, my companion has massive amounts of HP and damage that far exceed my own. It's going to be fun and crazy to see what said companion is like at rank 50.

At this point, I just play the game and have fun, and try not to look at my companions stats...as I die a little bit inside everytime I see how much more powerful they are than my main character, haha.

Edited by VitalityPrime