Are all companions this broken?

DaForceiswithme

Alright look the companion's are broken way too powerful I never "hunted" down datacrons infact at most I got the ones on the tutorial planet and then maybe one on the next that's it too boring for me I played this game 1.Cause it was based on kotor and a bioware game I played it for the STORY I just got into a fight with two elites I didn't go below 95% hp on that fight these were ranged elites and I was melee they should of had MUCH more an advantage I was a shadow and using qyzen as a healer. When something like that happens it is WAY too powerful and the people being idiot's throwing a tantrum about people complaining about that grow up you are acting like little children! " someone disagree's with me I'm gonna insult them and throw a royal temper tantrum to get my way!" Honestly CIVILIZED debate has always been a part of civilization least for the ones who claim to be civilized crying,screaming,and insulting show a lack of class and civility. I want SOMEWHAT of a challenge I want the possibility of failure I have the feeling though this was more a bug than intended any redesign this massive is gonna have some unintended consequences I believe the companion's being so overpowered is one of them.

I hope to God ppl as ignorant as ur kind leave this game. Everything is working as it should be as it should be. Either this way, or make Lvl-sync an Option like it should have been in the first place so we can finally use our True power and kill everything with 1 shot.

For ppl like me in which most of us left the game, this a trade-off as things should be even easier for us

wow talking about getting defensive. Not quite sure what your problem is, but based on your last two postings you are all over the place.

If Bioware decides that the problem is with the datacrons and then they put diminished returns on stats for companions than so be it. I am not talking about level Sync here. Personally I love the idea of having my level sync'd so we never face roll content. All my friends like the idea too. A friend of mine is playing the game currently cause he knows at any time i can come by and help him and we both get something out of it. His $15 counts as much as mine does. Our money counts as much as yours does also.

Back to the topic at hand though it seems that you don't want companions to change because you don't really want to play a game but instead you want your companion to do it for you. I don't know anyone who would keep giving money to log in and play that.

I just played the 2.3 story line and every mini boss got destroyed with Kehm not losing any health. When they heal me then i do not lose any health. Where is the fun in that? What ever happened with playing a game and getting a sense of satisfaction from beating the enemies? it seems a digital novel would be more your thing.

But like i said its your 15 dollars too and if you want to advocate making everything faceroll and ruin the fun of other players than so be it. No need to sit alone in your room wishing other people would leave a game that they enjoy. just looking at these forums though a lot of people are unhappy about this.

I personally like the companions as they are now, since pre-4.0.....they were useless, you had to save them.....even the tanks.......they couldn't survive anything....only normals and a strong (if highly geared)....i can do that myself, why use a tank if they have less survivability than me?

I only used Treek, unless otherwise required to use a rubbish companion, why? cause she was actually good at her roles, the others were outright ****, with 4.0, they are now useful, i can send him off to tank an elite or 2 elites, while i take on the strongs or what other mobs and i can be comfortable knowing that they will survive the battle.

I honestly have my real life, which is challenging enough to keep me mentally stimulated, i play video games for entertainment and to relieve stress, if i lost that, bioware would lose my money....its that simple.

So I finally got to the point where a companion can't do things on their own.

HM Voss Starfortress, 3rd platform & exarch.

I may have to get some 216/220 gear to get past the droid swarms on that third platform, I've been running with 192 set bonus gear to this point on my sage healer.

When you get to content that actually starts to stress a player + companion combo you notice a few things about companions:

They do fewer stupid suicidal things

They interrupt better

They have a lot more survivability

Their AOE threat and AOE damage feel much, much worse than they used to be, though the upside is no longer knocking mobs back and pulling an extra group or two of mobs.

Until you get to endgame HM content companions are extremely powerful, but for the HM 2+ stuff depending on encounter design they may actually be significantly weaker compared to 3.x, depending on the class and role of your character.

As a squishy healer the inability of a companion to hold AOE threat well gets to be an issue if there's a steady stream of adds. For a character tank they may be stronger than they were in 3.x. Haven't tried much new HM content on my shadow yet.

I personally like the companions as they are now, since pre-4.0.....they were useless, you had to save them.....even the tanks.......they couldn't survive anything....only normals and a strong (if highly geared)....i can do that myself, why use a tank if they have less survivability than me?

I only used Treek, unless otherwise required to use a rubbish companion, why? cause she was actually good at her roles, the others were outright ****, with 4.0, they are now useful, i can send him off to tank an elite or 2 elites, while i take on the strongs or what other mobs and i can be comfortable knowing that they will survive the battle.

I honestly have my real life, which is challenging enough to keep me mentally stimulated, i play video games for entertainment and to relieve stress, if i lost that, bioware would lose my money....its that simple.

I think you are miss understanding my point.

Companions were fine. Tank companions made sure all the focus was on them. If I didn't either deal with the threat or keep him up then in about 10 seconds he would die. Just like when running with a group of people in a flashpoint. Healers companions kept me up an extra 30-40 seconds depending on the mob for me to do my thing. Now we got companions who don't die when they are supposed to and heal for way too much. Not only that, they are stronger than the player.

Also off topic are you saying that you saw how good companions are and you subbed the same day? Just curious. I don't know where this idea came from that we want companions to be useless or we want the game to be like another incarnation of daemon souls. That is not true at all. We just want to be able to feel a sense of satisfaction when playing the content and when we face a boss in a solo story we want to be rewarded from the experience.

If you are the kind who wants to automatically win at everything that is not how life works and thank god that's not how 99 percent of video games work.

Finally what you are saying about companions before 3.0 is just not true. Companions could survive 1 strong mob even when not geared. They already can take out normal mobs by them selves but they needed your help to keep the chain going. It was fine the way it was.

Edited by DaForceiswithme

I hope to God ppl as ignorant as ur kind leave this game. Everything is working as it should be as it should be. Either this way, or make Lvl-sync an Option like it should have been in the first place so we can finally use our True power and kill everything with 1 shot.

For ppl like me in which most of us left the game, this a trade-off as things should be even easier for us

What with the hostility? Jesus, the op has made completely valid points and done so in a very concise way.

When a game stops challenging the player, it ceases to be a game. I understand that is an incredibly vague statement and I understand there are in fact activities that do challenge players in this game. However this is an integral part of the game and one that BW is pushing for new players to see, and like it or not, the companions are indeed over-tuned. There is absolutely zero threat or engagement for the player when encountering anything that isn't a world boss where a companion Is available, that is a problem.

Oh, boo hoo, leveling is easy. Heroics to grind are easy.. boo hoo. Wildstar died in its first incarnation... wonder why,

Awwww, another defender that has to bring up Wildstar when the game wasn't even mentioned in the OP he was quoting. What's wrong? WoW not getting the same mileage on the SWTOR forums anymore?

It's interesting how to defend SWTOR, the Knights feel the need to always default to a completely unrelated MMO. Honestly, many of you missed your calling in politics.