How are companions handled in 4.0?

Jules_Feoredi

Hello I have not played SOR, KOTFE, Hutt Cartel but have some questions regarding how companions are managed in 4.0, hoping fellow players here can shed some light on. Please refrain from giving any spoilers here regarding SOR, KOTFE, Hutt Cartel since I have not touched any of the 3.

My question is "can I actually keep any and all my old compaions from pre4.0 permanently after starting KOTFE?"

I hear you can't keep any of the old companions from old story line permanently in 4.0.

Hello I have not played SOR, KOTFE, Hutt Cartel but have some questions regarding how companions are managed in 4.0, hoping fellow players here can shed some light on. Please refrain from giving any spoilers here regarding SOR, KOTFE, Hutt Cartel since I have not touched any of the 3.

My question is "can I actually keep any and all my old compaions from pre4.0 permanently after starting KOTFE?"

I hear you can't keep any of the old companions from old story line permanently in 4.0.

You can get them back at a terminal after Chapter 9 of KOTFE. However, that terminal is currently bugged.

Note: These "reacquired" companions are non canon and will be separate from the version you'll acquire if they appear in subsequent chapters.

Non-spoilery example: During KOTFE, one of the class meets it's original companion early on. At the end of Chapter 9, said companion joins the Alliance and becomes a companion again. You then have this companion twice: The version you had when you played from 1 to 60, with his gear and affection level intact. And a new one, probably with Influence level 10, new cosmetic gear and all. They are clearly separate in the "Followers" section, one being in the "Alliance" section, the other in "Class Companions". It may be a bug however, that remains to be seen.

I'm talking about Jedi Knights and T7-O1.

You can get them back at a terminal after Chapter 9 of KOTFE. However, that terminal is currently bugged.

Note: These "reacquired" companions are non canon and will be separate from the version you'll acquire if they appear in subsequent chapters.

Non-spoilery example: During KOTFE, one of the class meets it's original companion early on. At the end of Chapter 9, said companion joins the Alliance and becomes a companion again. You then have this companion twice: The version you had when you played from 1 to 60, with his gear and affection level intact. And a new one, probably with Influence level 10, new cosmetic gear and all. They are clearly separate in the "Followers" section, one being in the "Alliance" section, the other in "Class Companions". It may be a bug however, that remains to be seen.

I'm talking about Jedi Knights and T7-O1.

Thank you for the explanation. What happens with customized character faces? When Corso eventually comes back in the storyline, will he have his default face or the one that I equipped him with?

Thank you for the explanation. What happens with customized character faces? When Corso eventually comes back in the storyline, will he have his default face or the one that I equipped him with?

I have no idea, frankly. The only class I have played KOTFE with has a single companion returning and I don't use customization on him. That'll be the surprise I guess.

They seem to revert at least temporarily to their original form. During a scene before the end of Chapter 9 HK-51 is talking to someone and is in his normal form even though I had the Mannan customization equipped to him prior to starting Kotfe.

Weird for Me HK-51 first appeared during the cantina cutscne in the imperial customization that I equipped him with. Can't remember anymore if Treek was still in Yavin customizations during cutscenes (I never pay much attention to her) but both of them still had their customization equipped after regaining the abilitly to summon them.

Piecre on the other hand appeared in default appearence during his recruitment-conversation/cutscene but also still had his customization equipped once I could use him as active companion again.

Edited by fovzwk

Weird for Me HK-51 first appeared during the cantina cutscne in the imperial customization that I equipped him with. Can't remember anymore if Treek was still in Yavin customizations during cutscenes (I never pay much attention to her) but both of them still had their customization equipped after regaining the abilitly to summon them.

Piecre on the other hand appeared in default appearence during his recruitment-conversation/cutscene but also still had his customization equipped once I could use him as active companion again.

That's what I was afraid of. I hope they can do something about this for continuity's sake. :(