Sage the most-played class?

Felioats

I've tried to find out by doing "who" searches for tight level ranges (like, all players 30-32). Sage seems to always come out on top. By like, a LOT.

I bump into them constantly in groups, too.

Which is weird, since it's a healing class.

Do you think it will last? What have you experienced?

Edited by Felioats

I think a lot of them saw how easy it was for healers to get groups in WoW, so they started on the ground floor as healers here. To be honest, that's originally why I picked the class. But I've actually been having a good time playing and healing, it's a nice change after being a pure DPS mage in WoW.

I admit I'm greedy, but I hope a lot of them don't stick with it...makes it easier for me to get groups :)

Really depends on your server probably.

Shadows are by far more common on my server. I've done the /who test like you have and have seen over 2x as many.

Most common by far is Jedi Sentinel, and Gunslinger and then Shadow.

Least common classes are Scoundrel, and Vanguard.

Middle of the road are Sage, Guardian, Commando.

At least for us :)

Really depends on your server probably.

Shadows are by far more common on my server. I've done the /who test like you have and have seen over 2x as many.

Most common by far is Jedi Sentinel, and Gunslinger and then Shadow.

Least common classes are Scoundrel, and Vanguard.

Middle of the road are Sage, Guardian, Commando.

At least for us :)

Sages seem to grow on trees on my server. There are a ton of sages. Shadows are pretty popular as well. I do agree that Vanguards seem pretty rare.

Now, how many sages can actually play their class is another story.

On my server it's knights and shadows. Commandos are also fairly common.

Very few sages. I'm usually the only one in my zone. Anytime I zone in to the Republic Fleet I get bombarded with requests for healing Flashpoints.

Edited by Deedre

Eh, On my server when the ball got rolling there was about 60 other sages along with me in the 10-20 area. 20-30 it dropped down to 30. 30-40 it dropped to 10. 50 it's now at 4-5. Thing is, you can go through heroic missions with just companions but it is incredibly time consuming. Most people want instant gratification, so they go for dps.

Also majority of the sages on my server are all telekinetic. People prefer to play the mage the most in a game over the priest.

I actually leveled healing for a while, picked up 17 in seer, but the mobs are getting tougher at level 33, and I think I'll go hybrid for the rest of the trip to 50. I feel I've got more than enough healing to keep up Qyzen and now want a bit more pew pew. Then I'll respec at cap.

I fully intend to heal at 50; but questing is faster than flashpoints, particularly pug groups. Strong guilds really don't exist yet on my server.

I actually leveled healing for a while, picked up 17 in seer, but the mobs are getting tougher at level 33, and I think I'll go hybrid for the rest of the trip to 50. I feel I've got more than enough healing to keep up Qyzen and now want a bit more pew pew. Then I'll respec at cap.

I fully intend to heal at 50; but questing is faster than flashpoints, particularly pug groups. Strong guilds really don't exist yet on my server.

Shouldn't need to.

At 34 you get force quake which destructifies puny mobs. After about 35-36ish you should get Zenith too who's a pretty good single target or AOE dps companion.

While leveling? Probably.

At 50? No, I'm betting 70%+ will be healing.

/Agreed.

Judging sctrictly by the amount of people already heal spec while leveling, and then people like me who are dps spec and plan on going heals at lvl50, I suspect a majority of Sages will be healers.

Kinda makes me want to be the dps guy. My single target sustained dps is pretty bogus.