Companion's Individuality

Sansanor

Bring It Back Please!

Give HK his Assassinate skill back.

Let our companions have their original skills back. Even if you keep the other two role options for them, you can have generic skill sets for the other two roles, but let them have their original skills that set them apart from the other companions.

And Give HK His Assassinate Skill Back!!!

Let me support this line :)

OK, we can argue about gearing companions. Both sides have the arguments and we can’t deny the fact that with free 192 gear whole companion gearing stuff became sort of formality. Nevertheless, companions individuality is a real question!

What do we have now? Five (seven with HK and Treek) “clone troopers” with different skins. Why? For what do I need all this “drones”? To send them on crew skill tasks? To enjoy unique dialogs with them? I don’t need unique dialog with NPC I even didn’t play with. They didn’t run with me through all the game, didn’t participate in my dialogues with other NPS. I do not even know who they are – just some random passengers on my ship. I have one comp, that fits me, and I will farm some money, buy some gifts and rise influence on my passengers to appropriate level, when they will do crew skill errands with good bonus, and then I will forgot them in my ship’s cargo bay…

Hey, devs, give me back my companion’s individual roles! Give me back their unique skills! Give Vette (I don’t like warrior, but…) back her “woohoo’ line! Make companions more party members then random clone troopers!

And… do anyone know, why they made copms so OP on lower levels?! I didn’t run my 55-60 lvl characters since 4.0, but on my 35 hunter I don’t even think when run through this “brand new” 2+ heroics solo… Mobs just can’t kill me and Mako heals like that f*ing Jesus Droid! I understand (but not totally approve) “solo mode” for flashpoints, but heroics? 2+???

Edited by Esmarh

That would be problematic if it were literally true, since the Jesus Droid is a tank, not a healer. :rak_03:

Jesus Droid is all 3 roles. If you drop below about 10% health will heal you to full in one shot just about, companions too, and himself. WHILE taking names AND kicking butt!!!

One of the things the drew me in was the vast amounts of individuality - this included the companions having different roles and interactions with me. Now that I can take 1 comp and just switch her/him from tank to dmg to ... and lets all face it... Heals all the time. Why would I use any other one? Why would I spend any time getting influence for them - now that my 10k maxed companion has to be reworked to 250k!!!!! wow way to steal from us by the way.

Put back the comps individuality and their influence too please - otherwise all my new characters - my unlocked Akk Dog is all that will ever be seen, because the amount of inf he will have by the time I get my 3rd or 4th comp in the story will not be placed on halt - rather I will continue to focus on him so I can get the buff higher and higher.

If you leave it as is it wont run me off by any means but this change baffles me and seems a bit unwarranted. Plus it feels extremely like your making the game become "easy mode" for players coming from WoW or some other easy to play game. I dont want it to be hard or hard to work on the comps but maybe putting it back would be the right balance to all the other changes made with 4.0?

So rock on love the new patch anyway!

I completely agree. I paid real money for Treek (cartel coins) and multiple HK droids, and now I feel cheated. There's nothing special about them any more. When I played WOW, I went through a lot of trouble to acquire special pets, and then they normalized all pets. I quit soon after. I feel like this game is losing all the little things that made it great. The devil's in the details, so they say. I like the new story content, and I will wait for chapter X, but it seems like this game is catering more and more to little kids. That's not what I want. Please restore companion individuality.