How come my Armstech lost his recipes?

Rantank

My armstech used to be able to make a lot of stuff.... and not all of it went into the archive list. Probably a lot is missing from lower level stuff and I don't care about that so much. I don't need those anymore, and I'm sure the new recipes they gave us will cover that. All in the name of "streamlining"......

However.... more importantly.... he lost his epic 36 barrels. Why did those get taken away? They are still the highest level us non-raiders can make. I know I can relearn them from the new recipes, but why were the old ones taken away if they were still current?

Acutally never mind... I see the Patron one still exists and it has the mastery stat. I guess they chose to keep that one as it didn't have reflex or skill in the name and then confuse people over the original stats. Still.. I pretty much always ignored that barrel... don't think I ever made even one of those barrels.....

My Armstech also lost a huge number of barrel recipes. I had crafted every type (except patron), every other level, to artifact/purple rating. Now, those are gone (not in Archive), and all the blue schematics are once again available for purchase. I have to start over???

I spent a lot of time, credits, and mats to get those recipes up to purple. I would like to get those recipes back so I can use them for future toons!

My Trooper has 500/500 Armstech and could craft Advanced Reflex & Skill Barrels for most levels up to 55 - now they're all gone! My Sith Assassin can craft hilts up to level 55 & they're still listed under Archive!

So where have all the Barrels gone? I spent heaven knows how long & how many credits (A LOT!) to be able to craft that stuff, so I'm not very happy!

Roll out the Barrels!

I had a response to my Customer Service Help request today:

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

So I guess we'll have to wait!

All of my pre - 4.0 Barrel Schematics also vanished and are not available in the Archive, including all of the old Artifact ones.

Also, I have noticed that if I reverse engineer one of the few remaining ilvl 178 barrels I had in inventory from pre - 4.0, I receive a message stating that I have learnt a new schematic, such as a ilvl 186 Artifact barrel.... But when I go into Crew Skills, the newly learned Schematic is not in the Archive and not in the new barrel drop down box either.

It seems the only new Artifact Barrel Schematics I can obtain are from reverse Engineering the new post - 4.0 update blue barrels or by reverse engineering vendor offhand weapon barrels ilvl 216 and 220...

I've also submitted a ticket on this issue, but pleased that someone has received a reply from customer service acknowledging the issue.

Bye for now and have fun out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the same thing here. I only tinkered in crafting mods and such but had a fair amount of schematics through levelling my crafting skills and the occasional mod upgrades for my characters.

With 4.0 only allowing trainers to sell schematics for levels 52 and 56 (and commendation vendors doing the same), completely bypassing 55 I decided to take a look in my crafting archives to see if I had any 55 schematics. With other crafting skills I found things where they should be in archives... But I get to my Armstech and find no barrels, not a single one.

I'm just trying to help out a friend who only has RotHC to upgrade their gear a little, but the absolute lack of things for level 55 is ridiculous. And now missing all the barrel recipes too, I somehow doubt that they'll be nice and give them all back to us. It would be great, but I don't see it happening.

I had a response to my Customer Service Help request today:

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

So I guess we'll have to wait!

Copy / paste response which actually doesn't mean it is a bug nor that it actually will be corrected.

• 8 months later...